What's the purpose of this?

DanSheldon92

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry to sound stupid I've got a 2012 black edition A3 , but what is the function of the smaller cut out next to the cup holder? It bugs me that It seems to have no use at all and that it could have been made bigger so i could have 2 cups!. (Also bugs me now i've noticed how dirty that section of my car is)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
Small tins like red bull but imo totally pointless.

The USDM A3 comes with a different centre console which I installed to my S3 which is a lot more productive:

IMG 1386

Reactions: DanSheldon92
It's for your medication

My crazy pills on how annoying that stupid thing is! :p

Small tins like red bull but imo totally pointless.

The USDM A3 comes with a different centre console which I installed to my S3 which is a lot more productive:

View attachment 113551

Ahh cheers yeah red bull will fit in it, how much did the centre console set you back?

Reactions: CHEZ
Tubs of chewing gum fits in there perfectly

Reactions: DanSheldon92, Dee60 and Richierich37
It was years back but I think it might have been £140???

That number just springs to mind but I'll check my old thread and see if I mentioned it.

Tubs of chewing gum fits in there perfectly

Good shout! *Buys chewing gum to utilise the space*

Here is my build thread but no mention of part numbers or prices I'm afraid

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-new-s-blue-s3.75764/page-9

That's a nice thread, no worries on not having part number etc! Particularly interesting regards to the tyre pressure monitor, I'd just assumed my car had that I was wrong.... I think? I've had my car for over a year now never changed anything, it's mainly the cup holder and I.C.E that annoys me. Being a black edition i've got all the usual nice bits like the flat bottomed wheel, full Bose system + extras like tinting mirrors and the auto lights/wipers. Always stuck for ideas, this is the first car i've not touched.

My wife now has a 1.8T black edition sport back so I'm slowly adding to it the ideas from the S3

So far I've added:

RNSE
Cruise

Plans are:

Light pack
Tyre monitor
S3 pedals
S3 wing mirrors

My wife now has a 1.8T black edition sport back so I'm slowly adding to it the ideas from the S3

So far I've added:

RNSE
Cruise

Plans are:

Light pack
Tyre monitor
S3 pedals
S3 wing mirrors

Sounds good! I've got cruise, wouldn't mind RNS-E but doesn't add enough for me to do it, considering after market for the features :)

I like the idea of light pack and tyre monitor, do you have part numbers/guide for these?

That's the light unit for the roof, I don't know the others but the part below depends on your roof liner colour. Below is for black.

IMG 0550