What would you buy with 18k

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am going out at the weekend to view some new cars, I have a test drives booked in a Mercedes A class 220 CDI AMG Sport and also a E350 CDI coupe.
I need to stay Diesel and would need to be fully loaded hence the Merc viewings, just wondering what have I missed.
So my question is what would you guys view with a budget of 18k?
I look forward to your repays.

R32 golf mk5 then turbo it or maybe a rs4

As I said in my post I need to stay diesel.
Both nice cars though.

I'd buy an RS4 with £18k but if I wanted diesel I'd look at either an A6 3.0tdi Quattro Avant or a 3.0tdi A5

Reactions: DrStrange and mattyboyc
It has to be a diesel, A6 is a little big for my needs, as for the RS4 i could have one as a weekend car. I quite fancy the A4 Black edition but haven't been able to find one with a level of spec that I want.

Hate diesel power .. If I had 18k to spend it would be defo Petrol power

Allroad + 20"s.

Reactions: mattyboyc
Hate diesel power .. If I had 18k to spend it would be defo Petrol power

Glad I have your opinion on your chosen power, I'll sleep better for knowing that.
I do a minimum of 15k a year and running two cars one needs to be a little better on fuel.

Didn't mean to sound rude just like the way petrol cars drive

you might have more luck finding a high spec German saloon if you go for a 6 pot. You're deep in rep/fleet land with the 4 pot diesels, so original buyers tend to go easy on the options list.

I agree hence the E350 test drive, very well specked and good mpg, most I have seen on auto trader also have pan roofs.

Reactions: DrStrange and Baka
Yes Matt,

As mentioned before, with your budget, you really will be impressed with Mercedes. They are glorious cars. I can imagine you'll love the 6pot diesel.

You'll know which one to get after test driving them all :)

PS, with diesel 18k budget, id buy the A5 3.0 TDI and gut every inch of the exhaust and map it to release that Bavarian diesel muscle