What Vagcom?? Advice please.

Steveo_A3_1.8t

Reaction score
Hi all,
I want to buy a Vagcom kit, and just wondering what is the best one to go for? I've looked on eBay And see two module types and several cable and software kits to work on a laptop. I'm pretty green to this an was hoping for some advice.

Cheers

Steve

i've used a few different ebay ones. IMO don't bother they are crap. either takes alot of work to get them to connect to the car or your limitied to what you can do with it.

the best one to get is the genuine Ross Tech one. expensive i know but it worth it. a guy on here does them for about £250. a very good bit of kit

i've used a few different ebay ones. IMO don't bother they are crap. either takes alot of work to get them to connect to the car or your limitied to what you can do with it.

the best one to get is the genuine Ross Tech one. expensive i know but it worth it. a guy on here does them for about £250. a very good bit of kit

Really, iv got a fully working version of it and it cost me alot less than £250. All you need is the USB to OBDII cable and then rest can be downloaded. Of course if it's the full genuine version of VCDS your after, I think NHN sells it?

I've only got a basic fleabay one and its not amazing, pretty limited in what you can do, BUT its also been really useful and saved me money in not going to a garage to get any fault codes read, its also been very useful on my mrs polo. Managed to run logs on it to check airflow/boost etc to see how the car is running and see approx bhp and if its making the right boost. Summed up, its under a tenner so Its clearly not going to be as good as the full version but as I said its been very handy and proved good value

Cheers for all the input, I think I'll try the £20 fleabay job first. I'm just trying to resolve a problem with my car not boosting. (I think it's in limp mode, allthough engine light isn't on)

Hi,

I appreciate this is a very old thread but does anybody have a link to the cheap eBay software mentioned above?

I did have a version of vcds lite & bag com 409.1 which worked with my Golf MK4 but that was about 4 years ago.

I recently bought a S3 but when scanning it says it's unregistered.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't do cheap eBay. Get a cable from eBay. The info above really isn't correct.

My cable was £15 delivered and then bought a license from RossTech for $99 which has allowed me to do everything I need.

Hi JD09,

Thanks for your response.

Do you have a link to where I can purchase the license?

Also which version did you download as there seems to be a few?

Links would be most appreciated.

Many thanks