What is aluminium optics pack?/colour code arches

alexmonty

Reaction score
Hi what is the optics pack on an allroad for? Does it include the xenon auto ranginging headlamps?
Also do the colour coded arches/bumpers make an allroad look exactly the same as an A6 avant or do you still notice the fatness of the tyres which I love.

Regards

Monty

Our Allroad has the aluminium optics pack and it gives you aluminium-look roof-rails, door sill extensions and bash guards and I think that's it. Optics is a misleading word - you need to buy xenons separately.

The colour-coding codes the arches and most of the bumper but leaves a black chunk of black plastic in the middle of the bumpber at either. Still quite distinct from an A6. The car-configurator on the Audi site should show you what I mean if you select a light colour. Our Allroad doesn't have it but is black so doesn't really matter.

You definetely need the double-spoke alloys as the standard ones are horrid.

The Optic Pack is purely the cosmetic aluminium bits and is available separately, whereas the colour coding is only as part of the Limited Edition - unless you're going to spend the money to get it done after.

Here's a couple of pics of my old Allroad - it was a Limited edition and had the aluminium optics pack and the colour coded bodywork.

Allroad.JPG

Allroad3.JPG