What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Put the car backtogether as couldnt get anywhere with removing the inlet manifold. Going to garage next week to have 4 new injectors and carbon cleaned off the valves.

You win some, you lose some. Good that you had a backup plan though and that it's getting done.

Reactions: Chrismawa
You win some, you lose some. Good that you had a backup plan though and that it's getting done.

Yeah mate I just didnt fancy breaking anything or making my problems worse. I have the parts so just using the garage for the labour. Hopefully not too expensive.... lol

Just 4. Not my pic, waiting for them to arrive new from Porsche Germany, should be here 2 weeks after they re-open on the 11th.

It's the 345mm Macan/Q5 upgrade.

View attachment 202464

If you don't mind me asking. what did it cost? did you bought just the calipers or do you have the entire upgrade kit? ( b8 brake line pad fitting kit, wear sensors,pads discs )
Asking as I'm toying with the idea of this relatively simple bolt on upgrade,, been looking at the parts seem like in a area of 700-800 for the lot.

If you don't mind me asking. what did it cost? did you bought just the calipers or do you have the entire upgrade kit? ( b8 brake line pad fitting kit, wear sensors,pads discs )
Asking as I'm toying with the idea of this relatively simple bolt on upgrade,, been looking at the parts seem like in a area of 700-800 for the lot.

I'm probably around that figure but it I've bought parts from all over the place so haven't kept a proper list. I used the following threads for info https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/681097-Q5-mild-BBK-thread - https://www.audizine.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-671462.html - hopefully okay to link to another forum.

The Macan calipers, that come painted and with the decal, are £215 each plus VAT, which is insanely good when you look at buying them 2nd hand from a Q5 and possibly refurbishing them. Discs were about £120 from MTEC, already had those for my attempt at an S4 brake upgrade. Pads, £50 from ECP for Brembo items. SS hoses from a Mk3 Gold, £48 from HEL. Then about £40 in clips, bolts and sensors. I intend to keep my pad wear sensor rather than delete it.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and TOM.S
Bit of a strange one today.
Jumped in the old bus this morning , switched on, zippo, nothing which is strange as I very rarely have flat battery issues, well only once before when I left the radio on , well the battery was pretty old aswell but that was years ago.

Anyway , left it on charge now but just wondering weather it's connected to my sessions with the ecu box etc on Monday afternoon, maybe just an oddity .
i'll have to resync the keys again now...arghhh

Bad news: The dreaded tax and insurance day.
Good news: My first years worth of no claims discount has resulted in 50% off my insurance price

Reactions: HOGG, Sidrick and Charlie Farley
Bit of a strange one today.
Jumped in the old bus this morning , switched on, zippo, nothing which is strange as I very rarely have flat battery issues, well only once before when I left the radio on , well the battery was pretty old aswell but that was years ago.

Anyway , left it on charge now but just wondering weather it's connected to my sessions with the ecu box etc on Monday afternoon, maybe just an oddity .
i'll have to resync the keys again now...arghhh
You remind me of Apollo 13!

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Awaiting my intercooler pipe back from airtec and the jobs are mounting up, so I needed a whiteboard to keep track of them.

IMG 20200508 WA0025
IMG 20200508 WA0027

Reactions: boffin486, TOM.S, THQuattro and 3 others
Got round to de-badging the rear today and swapped the Audi badge for a Matt black one. Rear end looks so much better without the chrome. Also finished off Wrapping the passenger side window trim. Need to give it a clay bar, polish and wax tomorrow, as I’ve neglected the paint work for some time now.
020D9868 4A00 4EB1 A186 8F29D654BD1C
6C5F420B 5D7E 47C3 AEC4 3F6B128BCB3E

Reactions: Sam1989, THQuattro and BakPak
Very smart mate :icon thumright:

Thanks it’s getting there few more little bits left on the de-chrome need to ‘Joey mod’ the headlights and wrap the silver surround on the aftermarket honeycomb grill. But gonna wait till my Cupra splitter arrives before doing that. So I only have to take the front bumper off the once. Got a set of AP springs and shocking waiting to get fitted once all the mounts and bump stops arrive. Figured may aswell renew the lot while the shocks are off. Need to find some bigger wheels for it as the 18inch speedlines I’ve been refurbing I won’t be able to fit as my insurance won’t cover the wheel spacers I need to make the wheels fit

Fitted my "new" S4 ARB, RS4 bars a seem to be like unicorn sweat, wasn't paying £150 for one.
Changed the drop links too whilst I was at it.
Looking at the Audizine site at how easy a job it is I set a couple of hours aside. The problem is the fella doing it on there was in California, where rust is unheard of. My car is different, nearly 4 hours later, why is it always the last bolt?
I ended up having to cut the nearside bush off with my recip saw to get the bolt off.
All went back on in about half an hour though with new bolts.

Reactions: Bobbytea and Sidrick
Fitted my "new" S4 ARB, RS4 bars a seem to be like unicorn sweat, wasn't paying £150 for one.
Changed the drop links too whilst I was at it.
Looking at the Audizine site at how easy a job it is I set a couple of hours aside. The problem is the fella doing it on there was in California, where rust is unheard of. My car is different, nearly 4 hours later, why is it always the last bolt?
I ended up having to cut the nearside bush off with my recip saw to get the bolt off.
All went back on in about half an hour though with new bolts.
Do you know how to measure the arb? Rob has said the special editions sometimes come with the rs4 arb I keep meaning to check to see if I have it on mine but handling wise I don't think it has and if it does it could do with a thicker one but either way will be nice to check tomorrow if you know how to measure one?

Do you know how to measure the arb? Rob has said the special editions sometimes come with the rs4 arb I keep meaning to check to see if I have it on mine but handling wise I don't think it has and if it does it could do with a thicker one but either way will be nice to check tomorrow if you know how to measure one?

The best way is with a Vernier caliper for accuracy, or a piece of string and do the maths calculation.
Seriously, if you hold a ruler against it you will get a decent impression. But they really don't differ much. My S line was 18mm I think and the S4 is only about about 22mn, so not much bigger really.
I read about people using the older, smaller bushes and how it shouldn't be possible to use them with a thicker bar. My old bar had thicker sections where the bushes sit, so I could have re-used them if I didn't have to cut one up.

Fitted the front Q5 Brembo Calipers and painted the rears, now I need 4mm spacers. Half way through the job I wondered if it was worth it, is the stopping power worth the upgrade?
7fe7e5d3f967218932e700c1e5fee0ba.jpg
8217c2e3ca57f61305c2ec97968db793.jpg

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam1989, TOM.S and Charlie Farley
The best way is with a Vernier caliper for accuracy, or a piece of string and do the maths calculation.
Seriously, if you hold a ruler against it you will get a decent impression. But they really don't differ much. My S line was 18mm I think and the S4 is only about about 22mn, so not much bigger really.
I read about people using the older, smaller bushes and how it shouldn't be possible to use them with a thicker bar. My old bar had thicker sections where the bushes sit, so I could have re-used them if I didn't have to cut one up.
Thanks Ill get the ruler out tomorrow it might give me a slight indication to what's on it, if there's a difference of 4mm it should be obvious to tell which one I have and what size ill need to upgrade to if I already have the rs4 one then ill have to pony up £320 for the eibach kit I think.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Airtec have come through. Helicoiled the pipe and provided appropriate length bolts.

IMG 20200509 WA0003

Looks like you are there best customer now judging by all those goodies they included.:icon thumright:

Well after some lowlifes tried breaking into my van a week ago fitted the new lock today. Luckily the dogs disturbed them and the scarpered off before they got in. What a pig of a job. 3 hours trying to get the old barrel out has they had kindly smashed it. Finally got it out and 15 mins to fit new one and put it back together. Off to wash the Audi now to relax :whistle2:
A1D71BA9 D452 473D 866F 68110D5A2C6E

Reactions: AvantMike, HOGG, THQuattro and 2 others
Changed the fuel and air filters, Mr Muscled it whilst doing it.
And undersealed my back end after finding some rusty bits whilst underneath yesterday.

Reactions: Sam1989 and Sidrick
Well after some lowlifes tried breaking into my van a week ago fitted the new lock today. Luckily the dogs disturbed them and the scarpered off before they got in. What a pig of a job. 3 hours trying to get the old barrel out has they had kindly smashed it. Finally got it out and 15 mins to fit new one and put it back together. Off to wash the Audi now to relax :whistle2:View attachment 202714
Now that's a lock...

You need to move area by the sounds of it!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam1989
Now that's a lock...

I lived in a **** hole moved out to the sticks for the kids future and there's more vehicle crime out here as they think this is where the money is so I wouldn't move just get a big dog and let it eat people that touch your property without asking :)

Reactions: AvantMike and Sam1989
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::frowning:
I lived in a **** hole moved out to the sticks for the kids future and there's more vehicle crime out here as they think this is where the money is so I wouldn't move just get a big dog and let it eat people that touch your property without asking :)

exactly that..we managed to buy in a nice village out in the sticks a bit and just lately the crime has been crazy. Before this we lived in a not so great area and would be better off there :sweatsmile: luckily we have a pretty switched on dog and then it has its little terrier mate to back it up ha

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Now that's a lock...

After some research on transit customs I learnt how terrible there standard locks are. So went on the forums to see what people used and they recommended that one. Was pretty shocked by the size of it. Bit more substantial that the original haha. I scared myself really :tearsofjoy:

Gave the car a much over due clean over the weekend. Washed, clayed (first time I’ve ever clayed a car), polished followed by 2 coats of a paste wax and 1 spray wax.
9180F43F F4D6 4966 90BF 0FCCE3E3D63D

Reactions: Sidrick and THQuattro
I'd say that was normal for a tfsi , lots of nasty carbon deposits .
If you wanted a reason to do a full pcv delete , this is it.

Reactions: Chrismawa
Sold my B7 today, it's a sad day after nearly 6 years of ownership, but it's time to move on and start a new chapter.
With our expanding family weve decided we want a t5 caravelle for general family stuff and uk based holidays for a few years whilst the kids are young.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
A sad day indeed chap.
Best of luck with the replacement and your future motoring etc, don't forget, don't be a stranger and keep an eye on the forum.

Have a good one and best of luck.:thumbs up:

Reactions: maxdrz400
I'd say that was normal for a tfsi , lots of nasty carbon deposits .
If you wanted a reason to do a full pcv delete , this is it.
Yeah it's what I was expecting tbh. Garage is going to get it cleaned along with fitting a new set of genuine injectors. Hopefully be running perfect after.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sold my B7 today, it's a sad day after nearly 6 years of ownership, but it's time to move on and start a new chapter.
With our expanding family weve decided we want a t5 caravelle for general family stuff and uk based holidays for a few years whilst the kids are young.

Keep the VAG faith!!

Fitted my new (to me) scuttle and battery cover.
Why didn't Audi fit these as standard on the B7? It just finishes it off, looking much neater.

Reactions: jarnold231, maxdrz400 and Charlie Farley
Keep the VAG faith!!

Fitted my new (to me) scuttle and battery cover.
Why didn't Audi fit these as standard on the B7? It just finishes it off, looking much neater.
Tell me about it really don't get why they left it off, I'm against paying what they want for them when it should of already had it so they can shove it ill keep it exposed until I'm feeling generous enough to buy them.

Reactions: AvantMike