What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Yeah my rings are missing lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike
Mine are also missing . Do you have the part number so we can order them?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Mine are also missing . Do you have the part number so we can order them?

Sorry I don't and parts diagram doesn't list it as a separate part for the tfsi turbo cover , it is available for other covers though.
I had a spare cover so just pinged it off and used some really strong epoxy glue to keep it stuck permantly to my painted cover.

not for 2.0tfsi engine covers.
that part is for:
  • Audi a1 (2011 - 2014)
  • Audi a3 (2008 - 2013)
  • Audi a4 (2008 - 2012)
  • Audi a5 (2008 - 2012)
  • Audi a6 (2009 - 2011)
  • Audi q5 (2009 - 2012)
  • Audi tt (2007 - 2010)

Reactions: Donfero
Rob, please can you send a link to that epoxy glue? Thanks
Its nothing special, just a two pack expoxy I have in my tool box, work's fine.
Just get a decent one from homebase or similar .
Put it around the recessed grove in blobs, not to much then stick it back in place, wipe of any surplus carefully, job done.
Mine's not coming of again unless I break it off.

Reactions: Donfero and Nozrul Islam
Just a few jobs really.
First job too replace the missing audi circles badge on the valve cover, I think this is the 3rd now :shrug:
Lavished the old bus with an oil change with some of it's favourite flavour of oil.
Then a front pad change, old ones are a few years old and down to about 50% so not really worn on the scale of things but I had a new set spare so fitted them aswell, nice easy 10 min job with 18z's.

that's about it for now.
View attachment 187053 View attachment 187054 View attachment 187055 View attachment 187056

Where did you get the rings Rob? Mine are also missing so would like to replace them after ive got creative with my valve cover. Im thinking a nice dark green carbon finish similar to the rs4 engine bling panels.

I had a spare cover with a set of rings still fitted so carefully removed it and re-affixed it to my current painted cover.
I'm pretty sure you cant get the rings as a spare part for the tfsi covers, the rings from other covers are a separate part but maybe larger than the tfsi item,.

Just installed the new Eonon Android HU. Android 8 4Gb ram and 64Gb Rom. Came with a dashcam and a reverse cam. Not bad for 300$ delivered (was on sale). Sound quality not too bad but you will have to relocate some of the wires to get the best sound quality. Was advertised that the dashboard will show the station but it doesn't. Contacted support and they said it might be the canbus decoder they will send a new one for free.

Rating out of 10
Installation 7
Speed 8
Functionality 9
Sound quality 6
Quality 7
Support 9
a6829e484c59e54f0eb5ce933c526371.jpg

Reactions: Rob Avant, Ricky Burrows and Sam1989
Hottest day of the year so far... perfect for a day trip to Stockport to see Rick & Mario at Unicorn Motor Developments.
I wish I’d taken the old wagon to them in the first place instead of wasting money on generic software.
After diagnosing and replacing a faulty N75 valve, one custom map later and I’m a happy chap, the car is pulling faster and harder than before...

7C17A729 61B0 49BD 8B5E 6E5B4C8BE3F5

Happy with this for now... although the K04 itch has appeared again and may need scratching shortly :whistle2:

Reactions: antwan64og, Andy b7, Ricky Burrows and 2 others
'Sound quality not too bad but you will have to relocate some of the wires to get the best sound quality'

Pray tell.

Hottest day of the year so far... perfect for a day trip to Stockport to see Rick & Mario at Unicorn Motor Developments.
I wish I’d taken the old wagon to them in the first place instead of wasting money on generic software.
After diagnosing and replacing a faulty N75 valve, one custom map later and I’m a happy chap, the car is pulling faster and harder than before...

View attachment 187321

Happy with this for now... although the K04 itch has appeared again and may need scratching shortly :whistle2:
What engine you got again mate and mods? Thats an awesome map power curve looks perfect!

Ive spent countless hours messaging and ringing mostly miserable bas****s with generic maps but i finally found the place mine will be getting a custom map done at and that will be R Tech. Now all i got to do is save my pennies :)

Mate, R Tech are spot on. I went there for my walnut shell decoke, Niki and the chaps know there onions and maps!
They don’t have a 4WD dyno so I couldn’t ask them to do my map.
That said I’ll only be going back to Unicorn now based on how helpful Rick was today, absolute legend. I’d heard loads of people on hear recomend them and rightfully so.

All my car details are in my signature at the bottom, too much to write out again lol

Really happy with the torque gains, the drive home was so much more fun than the drive there!

Reactions: Andy b7
Mate, R Tech are spot on. I went there for my walnut shell decoke, Niki and the chaps know there onions and maps!
They don’t have a 4WD dyno so I couldn’t ask them to do my map.
That said I’ll only be going back to Unicorn now based on how helpful Rick was today, absolute legend. I’d heard loads of people on hear recomend them and rightfully so.

All my car details are in my signature at the bottom, too much to write out again lol

Really happy with the torque gains, the drive home was so much more fun than the drive there!
How do R Tech do all the golf r’s? Unless you can somehow lock it into 2wd :-/ yeah I've heard amazing things about them and being only an hour and a half away is a bonus.

Ahh signature so thats what it is! Lol yeah so your basically stage 2+ then, I'm assuming you have upgraded the clutch? Or did they cap the torque?

'Sound quality not too bad but you will have to relocate some of the wires to get the best sound quality'

Pray tell.
Will its kinda hard to explain without pictures, the HU has output for the front speakers from the adapter supplied, the rear speakers are supplied through rc jacks from another adapter, dont know why... When i plugged everything like the manual says the volume from the rear was very low, so i cut the RC jacks and connected them to main adapter (something i saw on YouTube).

How do R Tech do all the golf r’s? Unless you can somehow lock it into 2wd :-/ yeah I've heard amazing things about them and being only an hour and a half away is a bonus.

Ahh signature so thats what it is! Lol yeah so your basically stage 2+ then, I'm assuming you have upgraded the clutch? Or did they cap the torque?

I think as they aren’t Torsen they can just pull one of the fuse’s for the Haldex and that makes the car front wheel drive only... but I could be wrong.
I’ve got a Sachs organic clutch ready to go it, the original one is still just about hanging in there for now although it does slip under heavy load on a long journey.

I think as they aren’t Torsen they can just pull one of the fuse’s for the Haldex and that makes the car front wheel drive only... but I could be wrong.
I’ve got a Sachs organic clutch ready to go it, the original one is still just about hanging in there for now although it does slip under heavy load on a long journey.
Ahh yeah! Modern cars ay!

Yeah just had a look at your peak torque they definitely capped it haven't they, maybe they can push another 30-40ft lbs out of it with a better clutch, Atleast you can put the torque down with 4wd as well.

Not too sure if I’m honest, wouldn’t be surprised though.
Really happy with the power gains overall and the actual feel of the car.
I think my front breaks need attention next and I’ve got an Eibach ARB kit ready to go on.
Think I’ll get the clutch done at the same time as I do the ARB and engine mounts... it never ends lol!

Not too sure if I’m honest, wouldn’t be surprised though.
Really happy with the power gains overall and the actual feel of the car.
I think my front breaks need attention next and I’ve got an Eibach ARB kit ready to go on.
Think I’ll get the clutch done at the same time as I do the ARB and engine mounts... it never ends lol!
Mate it looks like you got a little beast already bet your well happy :)

Reactions: Rob Avant
6704FBC5 61F9 41B6 9C62 EE3D6A59174F
CC9CAAB8 AAAE 4338 A3C5 E68B9E8FA808
006735D8 3795 45DD BC77 DC94254CCAC2
New number plates arrived so got them on today! Next on the list sort the front bumper alignment out so it doesn’t look like the bonnet is open :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: martin1984, Rob Avant and Ricky Burrows
There awesome where did you get them from? Monsta plates? I may have to get some :)
Thanks! I got them from Utopia plates. They were £70 for the pair. Would of been £65 but it’s £5 to have a shorter one. There maybe cheaper places but they were super quick and from what I’ve heard great customer service etc!

Thanks! I got them from Utopia plates. They were £70 for the pair. Would of been £65 but it’s £5 to have a shorter one. There maybe cheaper places but they were super quick and from what I’ve heard great customer service etc!
£70!!!! I don't want any now...:-( lol

Reactions: martin1984
Monsta plates are £50 for the pair. They’ve just got a wait on and I was in a bit of rush as I lost my front one! Ha. Ebay would be the best place I get! Bet they would be about half the price I payed!

Monsta plates are £50 for the pair. They’ve just got a wait on and I was in a bit of rush as I lost my front one! Ha. Ebay would be the best place I get! Bet they would be about half the price I payed!
I thought my pressed plates were expensive at £30 for the pair but now im starting to see a while different world on number plate prices lol

I thought my pressed plates were expensive at £30 for the pair but now im starting to see a while different world on number plate prices lol
Yeah! Originally I was looking for pressed plates. I was obviously a bit behind the times. I didn’t realise we’d moved onto 4d! Think I need to move on with the times and prices. The car could do with a respray so I dread to think what that will cost :anguished:

I will say this with the caveat that you particular car does look in fantastic condition, but it amazes me how much this site embraces Max Power-esque or eBay 'tweaks' ahead of good ol' OE styling.

Yeah! Originally I was looking for pressed plates. I was obviously a bit behind the times. I didn’t realise we’d moved onto 4d! Think I need to move on with the times and prices. The car could do with a respray so I dread to think what that will cost :anguished:
Alot more than me getting with the times and buying some 4D plates thats for sure lol.

I will say this with the caveat that you particular car does look in fantastic condition, but it amazes me how much this site embraces Max Power-esque or eBay 'tweaks' ahead of good ol' OE styling.
If all the cars looked the same it would be a very plain and boring car culture i think

Reactions: AvantMike
I absolutely agree, but that's not to say that eBay tat necessarily improves, in any way, what Audi originally designed just because it's called an 'upgrade'.

Again, not in reference to this particular car at all.

I absolutely agree, but that's not to say that eBay tat necessarily improves, in any way, what Audi originally designed just because it's called an 'upgrade'.

Again, not in reference to this particular car at all.
I like to think that whether its classed as an upgrade or not its all about personalising and making it yours, i see things that make me say to myself why!? Why have they done that! Lol, but its all part of the fun and they love it and its something to have a conversation about and bond with people in the car scene, I've always believed that a car is an extension of yourself and what one person loves another may hate but we all have one thing in common we still keep throwing money at cars modifying them because we love it for some unknown reason lol.

Its like we allways say, "personal choice" :yes: and it is that personal choice that makes our buses individual .:yahoo:
Well that's what I say.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and Ricky Burrows

I paid £30 for a pair of standard plates from Audi that had the dealer name on because im that sad, ill be using the machine at work next time!

I like to think that whether its classed as an upgrade or not its all about personalising and making it yours, i see things that make me say to myself why!? Why have they done that! Lol, but its all part of the fun and they love it and its something to have a conversation about and bond with people in the car scene, I've always believed that a car is an extension of yourself and what one person loves another may hate but we all have one thing in common we still keep throwing money at cars modifying them because we love it for some unknown reason lol.

You see too much bickering and insulting in the car scene these days, personally i dislike cars on air ride and "performance diesels", its everyones personal preference when upgrading and customizing their cars, and that is just my irrelevant opinion.

At the end of the day its all just about having fun and sharing a common interest... a passion for cars!

Reactions: Ricky Burrows, Sam1989 and Charlie Farley
Re sprayed the grill and surrounding parts today. Also fitted some led fog lights!

6df6bbf23498aecaa78237eebe984b30.jpg
2e3626c3a0d154298b913893c6b5884b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AvantMike, Ricky Burrows, DieselJake and 5 others
What did you use on your headlights?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk