What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

went down to my local trusted indy today, they confirmed its just starting to go but ok to use for a while longer, they also noticed the troublesome tensioner aswell, and they will also sort my coolant leak out as it's a easy job to do when the bell housing is not in the way.
It all needs doing to be honest so getting it sorted in a few weeks time, not really what I was expecting but hey, worth it in the long run.

going to go with a LUK one as they are a pretty safe bet for the current tune of my engine.

Reactions: James.c
would have been a lot less had it not been a Quattro, I sometimes think Quattro owners get hammered for repairs but I suppose that's the price we pay for the luxury of 4wd....

Yep everything has a premium.

Do I need a 034 Motorsport Transmission mount ? Have yous done yours and any known benefits?

Last edited:
what's that then, not sure I would need it to be honest unless it makes a massive difference to what I have at present...

No idea, it was in the group buy thread and thought everyone's had it done and I didn't want to feel left out but I guess it's not required.

nope deffo don't need it based on awsomegti website's description, I could channel those funds to a much more deserving part on my old bus....

Reactions: Nozrul Islam
I have always been sceptical on upgraded bushes for cars, unless you drive like a hooligan everywhere or track the car then a new, OE item will be fine. If it's lasted 10 years then it's done it's job well. A fresh one will last another 10.

I'm all for upgrades to suspension upgrades but sometimes the OE parts retain the every day compliance needed to stop the car becoming a chore to drive.

Reactions: James_TDi, Stanningtonglen, Nozrul Islam and 2 others
Pedal sets:

After Phil has paid that's the last showing in the UK warehouse. Whether they have any in Germany is another thing - just means orders will slow up if you want anymore.

Cheers

Mike

Reactions: Dani_B19
Pedal sets:

After Phil has paid that's the last showing in the UK warehouse. Whether they have any in Germany is another thing - just means orders will slow up if you want anymore.

Cheers

Mike
Means they're no longer available, ever! I have a used set for sale $1,000,000 bwaahahahaa...

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, maxdrz400 and carlcall
two working days from European stock, order it Monday and you'll get it Wednesday.

in that case , mine are for sale too, must be worth , well over £2,000,000.00 as they are in a special edition...lol

Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Just fitted some proper frontdiscs from an s4 mtec ones with the black coating drilled only fitted no problem and feel loads better :grin::partypooper::partypooper: fronts are all sorted now just need to faf around with the rears.

And yes my alloys are a state lol the paint just flakes off so easy I sit and pick at it haha! It's like it hasn't keyed properly to the ally

Reactions: Tyrer, Stanningtonglen and Dani_B19
glad you got it sorted james, hate to say it though, you did need proper s4 discs...lol

Haha those r32 ones did work they were just warped so it was vibrating. God knows what I'm Gona do with the rears :coldsweat:

you deffo need to sort out those alloy james, you're letting the side down now, you need to put them at the top of the todo list now.

I have always been sceptical on upgraded bushes for cars, unless you drive like a hooligan everywhere or track the car then a new, OE item will be fine. If it's lasted 10 years then it's done it's job well. A fresh one will last another 10.

I'm all for upgrades to suspension upgrades but sometimes the OE parts retain the every day compliance needed to stop the car becoming a chore to drive.
I prefer Poly bushes as I do keep a car a while and rubber does soften quickly, also as I fit my own I have found it easier to replace with poly as they tend to come in two parts and just push in, where a OE rubber with steel case tends to need to be pressed back in, so a lot more work.

you deffo need to sort out those alloy james, you're letting the side down now, you need to put them at the top of the todo list now.

Every one of them needs work but I have no spare either. I don't know what colour they are and I want to keep them gloss not Matt. The paint on at the moment just picks off its awful

Every one of them needs work but I have no spare either. I don't know what colour they are and I want to keep them gloss not Matt. The paint on at the moment just picks off its awful
What area are you in?
:)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scarborough mate. The street I park on at the gym is one way and narrow af so it's a two wheels on the kerb job not good
Ah gotcha
Was gonna say I had my wheels refurbed but a bit far from you.

Even in my state when there clean the gloss looks so good :hearteyes: what do we recon a wheel to sand blast and re paint about 100 a corner? :neutral::gun:

Even in my state when there clean the gloss looks so good eyes: what do we recon a wheel to sand blast and re paint about 100 a corner? :neutral::gun:
375 for 5 for me.

375 for 5 for me.

That seems a good price, it's just I could get lowered and a fmic for that I think I might hunt a spare down and do one at a time myself. Even though I have no patience :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: David Withers
james ,now repeat after me, my wheels are more important and are top priority now & I will get them done next.

Reactions: James.c and David Withers
its like wearing a nice Armani suit to work with matching beat up flip flops....lol, wheels maketh a car, if they look like tat then the whole car will reflect that aswell, but if they are nice then all is well with the automotive world..

I know but it's alot money when I want more power lol I'm terrible at saving I still havnt looked at my oil pump yet!! Haha

James - Simon Humphreys at Total Alloys does a good job in town and I also use Yorvik ES on Wiggington Road in York for a Powder Coated finish...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James - Simon Humphreys at Total Alloys does a good job in town and I also use Yorvik ES on Wiggington Road in York for a Powder Coated finish...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks mate I'm going to York today Il go take a look

Windows Tinted, debadged, pressed plates and a holder.
Thinking about tinting the rear lights. I also need to figure out how to hide/get rid of the rest of the towbar/crash bar at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20160830_201029.jpg
    20160830_201029.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 128
Reactions: Tyrer and James.c
Hovered it and had a hot tap fitted to the back of the house no more cold hands
20160906 194508

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tyrer and martin1984
Gave my wagon the full treatment today... Snow foam, Washed, clayed, washed again, compound, then polished! Inside done as well. Started this morning at 10:30 and finished at 7.30 in the evening! Here's a photo of when I started but too dark to take any photo when I finished! Time fly when you're having fun! Did have an hours break and plenty of teas! Very impressed with the results.
20160911 205255

The Alu pedal caps are now back in stock in the UK

8E2064205 - With dead pedal. - £74.40 inc VAT (5 sets showing)
8E2064200 - Without dead pedal - £46.24 inc VAT (4 sets showing)

Call to order 01905 346808

Cheers

Mike

Well my Pedal set arrived today! many thanks to Mike. Sadly i cant fit them yet as they are a Birthday present from my kids, but hey i can wait a few weeks...

onec again thanks to mike and the person who's idea it was to do a bulk buy of pedals.

Reactions: mjr901, Stanningtonglen, Dani_B19 and 1 other person