What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Here's my cigarette lighter with some carbon sticker thing I had from years ago which I never used but none the less I'm rather pleased with it.

Attachments

• 20160816_054857.jpg
    20160816_054857.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 189
Reactions: Tyrer
1 week of pure you of 1.0 and 70HP :D

20160816 145254

sun was out again so just decided to do a oil and filter change this afternoon, lavished the old girl with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Fully Synthetic Engine Oil.
I will monitor the consumption from now and see if it any better, hopefully will be.
On a less than ideal front , whilst under the front I thought i'd just check thesnub mount condition, and it look to be totally shot from the outside, the rubber is just falling away and crumbling, safe to say it need to be changed, so another bit to order.
also found a water leak from the back of the engine somewhere , need to get my inspection cam in there to see more precisely, other than than nothing else to worry about yet.

What can do you have rob? Been considering one myself!

Booked in for a custom stainless as mine now blowing, but have to wait till 15 Sep

changed my snub mount, took longer to refit the under tray than change the rubber bung....I hate messing with that darn under tray, there is allways one dzus fixing that plays up......

Reactions: Tyrer and James.c
I bought a lighter from B6 which is fliping and because was peeling i give it to one guy in Bulgaria who refurb them - like new now so soon the climate will go there as well ! Step by step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting ready for the lake trip next week.

Reactions: Tyrer and James.c
Past couple week's I have:

De chromed the front grill
De chromed the window surrounds
(Using 3m matt black wrap, improves the aesthetics 100% imo)
Replaced the drives side window regulator
Engine oil and filter
Pollen filter
Air filter
Fuel filter
Gearbox oil
Both front lower arms with new bushes
Two upper arms with new bushes

Today I plan to:

Clay bar the entire car
Machine polish the entire car and seal it all with polish and wax
Clean the inside
Lower my coilovers a touch more

I'll try post some pics later :)

Happy Monday everyone!

Reactions: James.c
not too much then chap, sounds like it will be top notch when finished, don't forget piccy's.....

Yeah should be mate.
Forgot to mention discs and pads all round also.
Pics to come later/tomorrow,weather permitting..

So one of my grub screws had seized solid so spent hours carefully drilling her out! Adjusted all coils which now means I need my alignment really doing,more money. Thinking of trying out unit 18 in MK, anyone used them?

Anyway all polished and waxed and looking fresh :) very happy with today's progress.. I may need to adjust the rear coils by a turn or two.. I'll see what they look like tomorrow once they have settled.

IMG 20160822 WA0002
IMG 20160822 WA0004
20160822 174821
20160822 174842
20160822 174922
20160822 174946

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dani_B19 and Tyrer
Well i thought as its going in next month for a stainless might as well get this, £288 including shipping
IMG 1682
IMG 1680
IMG 1681

Love this mate, had the AEM V2 on my s2000. Amazing sounding system, with decat and the aem V2 my s2000 made 250bhp!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well i thought as its going in next month for a stainless might as well get this, £288 including delivery /QUOTE]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be interested in a write up on this mate - fitting, 1st impressions etc.

Pardon my ignorance but what engine is yours?

Had quite an eventful day taking out my Parrot Mki9200 Bluetooth (This is for sale soon BTW :tonguewink:)

And installing my new OEM system to the RNS-E.

Really happy with it but it took longer to take out the Parrot than it did to install the Audi one, but was a real PITFA when I tried to code it. Why can't anything be straight forward.

You can't just code it to the RNS-E, you have to code it into the comfort system and also code the BT module which is already coded elsewhere.

And now that it's fitted I'm also loving the SDS :grinning:

Evening all, Dani its a 2 TFSI Special Ed, Tyrer i'm away next week but if i get time this weekend to fit it then i will do a write up & photos.

first saw this on modbargins in USA but they wanted$100 for shipping and that would have worked out over £300 so then got in touch with AEM how told me to get in touch with K&N as there an importer for AEM only for them to tell me i couldn't order directly from them:rage: I then received an email from David at JD Motorsports saying AEM had been in touch with him and asked him to email me.
And here we are :smiley: Part number 21-681C email mjd128@outlook.com
bit of a run a round but sorted and happy :sm4:

Reactions: carlcall
Nothing too exciting just a little change to the inside

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    902.9 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: tony mc
I've made abit of an error with my brake upgrade fellas! The calipers are fine but because they were off an a3 3.2/r32 golf the ****** disc hub is too small for my hub! School boy error I think the a3 are 65mm and we are 68mm so the disc rocks on the hub. Shoot me now

oh , now that's a bummer james, things are never as straight forward as they seem...can you overcome the prob or is it a non starter for the brakes now.

just sortout some s4 disks james, if you time it right, eurocar parts have them and with discounts and promo codes they are cheaper than the 320 drilled ones.
I bought a pair of S4 brembo disks a while back ready to upgrade when I get the S4 carrirers , from ECP they came out at £81.19 inc vat etc, that's a bonkers low price for brembo S4 disks new.

Yeah that's the plan il have a look now mate thank you! Had a stubborn butter soft brass brake nut thingy on one of my old calipers there always a pain in the ****!!

Well half way into our journey to the lakes, stopped to feed our daughter and the air bag light came on, fml. Don't have vcds on me and the 2 obd2 adaptors in the car are on the fritz, hopefully I'll just be able to reset it when I get back home but somethings telling me it'll be more serious, very annoying having the bleeding light on though.

Ooh well, plenty of booze it is to help me forget.

is it sunny and warm dani , hope it is because it naff and damp here.....
why don't you disconnected the battery for a while , sometimes that clears airbag errors...

It's nice and sunny here today mate, was stunning yesterday but then heavy rain came out of nowhere last night.

Just going to leave it rob until I'm back.

Hope you get sorted Dani... I had a flat battery yesterday then AA jump started and today it's been fine but with the ESP light on the dash however after having driven it for a short while the light went off - phew!
I am now in the market for a new battery as I've been advised by the AA man that my battery is coming to the end of its life!

Reactions: Dani_B19
Bit of a cheapo exhaust tips mod.
Have to say I'm pleased with the look though.
:)
6a11cf8d03fd3860cfe36144aec10ea6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks good David But you need to undo the brackets on the exhaust and adjust the rear hangers so they sit central.....apart from that they are bob on!

yep, looking good and as carl says just need a bit of adjusting to get them central, on a side note david i'm not sure about your reg number....it looks a bit naf...lol