What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

This was this weekends little job.

c3ca8cd21a3972e4e459da9946a8be9c.jpg
a5ca7cd09b30cc6c5159e5b937374b24.jpg
30bc2250231498f6e53a85313309fabf.jpg
47418dd1e0a8b24afee74e169be4ca13.jpg

Reactions: James.c, flat4matt, Stanningtonglen and 5 others
Replaced a rear brake light. I know exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jasesapphy
This was this weekends little job.

c3ca8cd21a3972e4e459da9946a8be9c.jpg
a5ca7cd09b30cc6c5159e5b937374b24.jpg
30bc2250231498f6e53a85313309fabf.jpg
47418dd1e0a8b24afee74e169be4ca13.jpg

I love yellow calipers, nearly as good as RED ones, like it a lot chap.
I find that big calipers look best painted to be honest due to there physical size and visual appearance, small calipers look nice painted too
but just don't have that " wow in your face " that big painted ones have.
but you need to loose the valve caps chap, they are too much....

Reactions: JMGR33N and Jasesapphy
Long day today, car has low milage and never been apart, rear ARB RS4 Upgrade was easy, rear springs easy front springs took 4 hours, top pinch bolt had corroded, why do they do ali and steel.

Anyway, when H&R state a 30mm drop however only circa 10mm drop on S-Line springs its a lie, I had to go and get wood to get the car off the ramp, the measurement was a 24mm drop on S-line

Reactions: flat4matt, carlcall, Stanningtonglen and 2 others
looking great chap, I went with H&R 45mm allround , so 20mm lower on my s-line and it was spot on.

On my 3.0 Quattro they only listed 30mm
Happy though, small spacer needed

Just want RS4 front grill and rear valance and change the back boxes

I have a friend building me a AP brake kit for later in the year which will be 356mm discs and AP 6 pots.

Will just leave it then, can't really get any more power so just polish and enjoy

Reactions: Tyrer
MOT re-test at Audi after failing on wheel bearings, so it's had two new rear bearings, an MOT, wash and vac and the vacuum actuator changed and is now all ready for the drive back to Germany on the 3rd June. I will be selling my 12 spacers as well with 20 longer bolts as well in the next week. I have shaved the center ring down on them as they wouldn't fit flush with the hub but it hasnt effected the drive.

Flushed out the old clutch and brake fluid with nice new stuff and taken the engine under tray off for an oil change tomorrow morning.

Took the barge into work and gave the roof a liberal does of Autoglym roof treatment. Left it in the workshop overnight to fully dry.

2016 05 12 182837

Collected my bits - Kill All Wipers glass plate, carbon front and rear badges, clear plastidip and contacted some people about some custom carbon mirrors and other bits.

Now where's the time to do it all

Got mine back from the bodyshop - new front bumper, and strengthening bar, new paint on wings and bonnet, new headlight (Xenon) new windscreen and an all over machine polish. Still got the winter wheels and tyres on, so will get the DTM's on at the weekend. :)
New Front 4
New Front 3
New Front 4
New Front 3
New Front 2
New Front 1

Reactions: James.c, Tyrer, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
looking nice, shinny, shinny.....you can never have too much shine on a car...nice.

So picked this little bargain up today, got it for silly money and I mean silly.

Reactions: B_FUR and Tyrer
I've literally just got back with it, won't be on for a while mate while I picked the rest of the bits up I need :).

Reactions: carlcall
Had the aircon serviced by that Bosch automated machine that evacuates the system and put new oil and gas in.
And had headlight fly tinting.

0f86c135451ecaabb37c1a4fe4a3f306.jpg

stopped off at ecp's and picked up a new cabin filter as I felt it may need a change, service book says it was done recently, having seen the state of it when I took it out tonight I would have to question that it was changed , anyway only a few quid and done in a flash.

Yeah there is Rob, standard or Carbon active one, the carbon one offers better filtering, normally a few quid more but is worth it.

thanks Dani, I learn something new everyday....., I'll double check to see what I have, thanks
rob

Reactions: Dani_B19
Sorry mate, just a one off, the lad bought it for his car which was a sline and this didn't fit.

Reactions: WozzaAK
What better way to spend the day removing the wheels and giving the calipers n hubs a good scrub followed by coat of satin black Hammerite.

4 rings changed front and rear and wiper delete

502a007e9dc089d298096699ef34ee6e.jpg

My car threads got more images in

Reactions: B_FUR
2 laps with the da this morning, one with Meguiar's ultimate compound second time with Meguiar's ultimate polish, pics dont do it justice to be honest she is gleeming her tits off lol

20160515 121631

20160515 140440

20160515 135427

20160515 141418

Reactions: B_FUR, Tyrer, James.c and 1 other person
4 hours it took me mate so make sure you got plenty of time to finish it lol

front end needs painting on mine mate, its stone chipped and my painted grill has taken a good thrashing already, i've never had a car that gets stone chips as bad as what the a4 gets, i can hear them hitting me all the time lol

Reactions: carlcall
It's because they use water based paint on them now which is really brittle and crap......even cellulose is better.

And yes mine is exactly the same with chips here and there on the bonnet, grille, bumper and wings :cry:

If someone looks at it funny it chips.

And to p*ss me off more I came out to this earlier

2016 05 15 172657

It seems to have cracked the little bit of adhesive I used due to the sun being on it for the past several days.....bumper off tomorrow :confounded:

Reactions: tony mc
Decided that as I did my calipers and hubs yesterday and the wheels are fresh from a refurb that the nut covers looked shabby do a £5 can of silver spray and they look like new, decided to go silver instead of the standard grey.

Reactions: Baka, tony mc, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
lmao, Carl mate, that is funny, such a small thing that's gonna turn into a big job to sort. i feel your pain mate.

Started just after the Mercs took each other off, just finished.
Roof scrubbed and sealed, leather fed, washed and polished, arms aching (I need to get a polisher). I've been neglecting it a bit since the new arrival but now back to looking pretty good me thinks.

P1190463

Added some gold tape to help with heat management and removed some crap from the airbox.

Reactions: Tyrer and Jasesapphy