What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Getting oem..will that cost me more than 75? Or. Still be same price

My dad had his done..aftermarket
And auto glass said theres was stronger then merc oem ??

Didn't cost me anymore for an OEM one. I just used the excuse that my last Pilkington one cracked after going over a bump.

Probably wasn't the glass but a bad install. The only thing is you have to wait several days for them to get one as it has to be ordered via a dealership compared to one they will carry in stock.

Reactions: CraigRE
Baka you can buy new phone cradles for modern phones but they are £100+.

Cool thanks! I'll give the dealer a ring and see what they've got.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Well today i deleted my rear wiper :)
For those of you who havnt/dont know how to do it, its pretty simple
Hardest parts are...removing the wiper arm itself from the threads (spray some wd40 or in my case CT85 lol...or what allot of people have had to do..us a grinder at whip it off altogether lol)

Second hardest part is actuly removing the boot liner (its not hard...its just one of those things you have to apply pressure to, but you feel like your going to break it...you wont)

So first of all remove wiper ...anyway how lol
There are 4 screws on the inside, 1 either side..2 on the inside of where the warming triangle sits (never took pictures)

Then just pull down on the handles.(one at a time and work your way around.
Collage 2016 03 30 20 44 21

Once the 4 screws are out, it is only held on my 6 triangle clips...oh and a wire which is connected to the red/white light on the boot panel.
Collage 2016 03 30 21 03 13

#1 Disconect wires(if you look at the white hose you have to push that clip up in order for you to lift the hose off the washer)
#2 Remove 3 nuts and simply pull the washer down,
#3i put the nuts straight back on for safe keeping...i might want to fit it back up lol
#4 push bung out inside to out
#5 you have a hole
Collage 2016 03 30 21 10 53

#5 clean hole
#6 dry fit...line it up..make sure you know how it fits in
#7 ..outside
I forgot to take pics at this stage..didnt want to waste time.
Cut a tiny hole in the packet and squirt silicone around the bung...like your putting icening on a cake...push bung in the hole...flush..excess silicone will push out the sides, i just smoothed it off
#8 i stuck it to the boot with tape to hold.the pressure...i left the tape on for good lol
#9 i then spread some on the outside to fill the gap around the bung and to make it water tight and flush, cleaned excess off ..pulled the clear sticker off and cleaned the glass

...obviously refit boot panel
Collage 2016 03 30 21 17 30

Jobs a gudin looks nice and fresh

I like it but at the same time I don't.

I'd rather be able to clean my rear window to see who's behind rather than wonder who it is.

Still looks good though

Oh i also found this problem too

Rear off side... drivers side seemed to be way too low
20160330 190420

20160330 191036

Against the Rear near side
20160330 190404

20160330 191055

So i lifted the car..took wheel off and had a little nosey...couldnt find anything broke..drove it around my estate and felt ok
..any ideas?
Spoke to my mechanic and he wants to have a look but mentiond rear coil spring might be broke
From what i could see the spring looked ok tho...could of broke higher up?
Time for coilys??? Lmao

Tbh this is the second wipee motor...other one leaked all over
This one sticks and doesnt work as it should..but yes i do agree with what your saying as input it off for so long for that reason too
However i always keep intop of my car

Reactions: carlcall
Definitely looks like a broken spring that Craig

And I love my coil overs......nice and smooth ride and firm enough to throw the car about.

Oh i also found this problem too

Rear off side... drivers side seemed to be way too low
View attachment 86086
View attachment 86088
Against the Rear near side
View attachment 86087
View attachment 86089

So i lifted the car..took wheel off and had a little nosey...couldnt find anything broke..drove it around my estate and felt ok
..any ideas?
Spoke to my mechanic and he wants to have a look but mentiond rear coil spring might be broke
From what i could see the spring looked ok tho...could of broke higher up?
Time for coilys??? Lmao
Both of mine sit low like that and I thought something was gone but was told fine and drives fine and your high side looks very high for a avant as most ppl comment how low the back is compared to the front
Uploadfromtaptalk1459374631304
Uploadfromtaptalk1459374647801

Yes i toataly agree
But drivers side is lower than it should be
..causing the otherside to lift up more

Well today i deleted my rear wiper :)
For those of you who havnt/dont know how to do it, its pretty simple
Hardest parts are...removing the wiper arm itself from the threads (spray some wd40 or in my case CT85 lol...or what allot of people have had to do..us a grinder at whip it off altogether lol)

Second hardest part is actuly removing the boot liner (its not hard...its just one of those things you have to apply pressure to, but you feel like your going to break it...you wont)

So first of all remove wiper ...anyway how lol
There are 4 screws on the inside, 1 either side..2 on the inside of where the warming triangle sits (never took pictures)

Then just pull down on the handles.(one at a time and work your way around.
View attachment 86081
Once the 4 screws are out, it is only held on my 6 triangle clips...oh and a wire which is connected to the red/white light on the boot panel.
View attachment 86083
#1 Disconect wires(if you look at the white hose you have to push that clip up in order for you to lift the hose off the washer)
#2 Remove 3 nuts and simply pull the washer down,
#3i put the nuts straight back on for safe keeping...i might want to fit it back up lol
#4 push bung out inside to out
#5 you have a hole
View attachment 86084
#5 clean hole
#6 dry fit...line it up..make sure you know how it fits in
#7 ..outside
I forgot to take pics at this stage..didnt want to waste time.
Cut a tiny hole in the packet and squirt silicone around the bung...like your putting icening on a cake...push bung in the hole...flush..excess silicone will push out the sides, i just smoothed it off
#8 i stuck it to the boot with tape to hold.the pressure...i left the tape on for good lol
#9 i then spread some on the outside to fill the gap around the bung and to make it water tight and flush, cleaned excess off ..pulled the clear sticker off and cleaned the glass

...obviously refit boot panel
View attachment 86085
Jobs a gudin looks nice and fresh

On my to do list!
2 questions tho, where did you get the Bing and whats size of the hold in the glass then the wipers all removed?

Iv still got my bung not fitted yet in two minds, I hate rear wipers I think there awfull! I don't think my cars dirty long enough for it to be a problem haha

Got my new windscreen in today..not allowed to wash it for 48 hours ...noooo!!

Also got my suspension checked out..cant find anything wrong with it
Im considering coilovers...

Reactions: carlcall
I know it sounds daft but is your drive out of level Craig?

Is slightly...but ive not had that problem or noticed it in the past
However i have had it on level ground and its the same pal
My mechanic cant see anything wrong broke or snapped etc.
So looks like its a strip it out job and closer inspection.

Which pushed me towards the idea of just lowering it alltogether

Reactions: Dani_B19
Always a possibility
Fsh and i have all paperwork etc and nothing says it has...not that it rules it out tho

My mechanic suggested...the spring might of lost its strength..and compresed itself..hence the height...but hasnt broke?

But again only way to tell is
Strip and measure etc
Then for the red sline shocks....are the oil or gas pressured?..what is there job exactly?...could that have faild?

Is it a replace job ..or pump it back up with more oil/gas and see if it leaks again?

shocks are just that , shock absorbers, its make no difference wether they are gas filled. oil filled or whatever, they are a damper device that does exactly that , they absorb the shocks etc and control rebound and compression speeds etc, if your springs have sagged over time then it will be noticible, if the dampers are leaking the same applies , springs and dampers work together if not your car would be bouncing up and down like a right old kangaroo craig.
it goes without saying that not all dampers are the same and you do get what you pay for, basic ones ones are just a basic damper , expensive ones are a whole different ball game.

broken rear springs are a very common occurrence on these cars, normally its the last coil that sits in the bottom seat , sometimes can be easily seen othertimes it can be harder to see if it's right on the bottom covered in crud.
I had my offside rear go last year at 30k , audi replaced under warranty , but the car ride hide didn't show any loss of height, it was the mot guy that found it after I mentioned a clonking sound.
audi only did one side and said the the other side would bee ok, it was aswell but I have changed them now to H&R's

Last edited:
Love this forum...full of knowledge ..and now i feel brighter
Thanks

Oh you can notice it like lol

With you just changing the spring ...are you happy with your sline shocks then...which people say aint that good

I was going to go with coilovers as plan A , but low end ones to start with but decided to try just uprated springs first, picked up a set of H&R 45mm springs for my Quattro for a really good price from a member on here and put them on my s-line dampers, they are a big improvement and the ride height is very good on my Quattro as they do sit front hight as standard but now its nice and level and a lower where it I like it.
My dampers did appear to be in pretty good condition so i'll see how they go for now, but it is a noticeable improvement over the standard s-line springs and setup.

Collage 2016 04 01 19 07 40
Fitted these ..not just for scene points lol
But i will be using my bike on it
Thanks to a member on here@euansdoctor

Fitted all the led lights supplied by t8ups today, just wanted to say a big Thankyou to him, payment and communication with him was brilliant, I've had some leds in the past but nothing comes close to the oem look that t8ups supplies, well recommended!

Collage 2016 04 01 21 12 24
How much were they pal?
Look the biz
Well i also added 5bhp to my car today..2.5 each lol
Not a massive fan of stickers...but i like these...what yaalll think?
If you look closely ..i should of moved it slightly to the left ..so as the audi rings didnt overlap the lines but i done it when it was dark

Last edited:
Reactions: tony mc and Steaudi
They we're £53 all in including p&p, so everything in the car is led now, and that included the loom for the number plate lights too, the brightness is the closest to oem ive seen and had, and with getting them from t8ups he's supplies 2x number plate light screws to, which is a nice touch, cos them number plate screws are a joke!

Yeah mate he's a site sponsor under the name em tuning

The LEDs on my car interior, boot, glove box, rear plates, side etc are supplied by t8ups. To quality. I had issues with my car not liking LEDs and he sorted everything. 10/10. All day

i`ve got his number plate lights aswell and they work well

I've fitted my long sort after RS4 Carbon Fibre Dash & Door trims & Ashtrays today, I have been after a set of these for ages but just couldn't justify the big bucks they were going for until this set popped up for £200! All in top condition with all fixings intact which I was half expecting to have some missing for the money they were up for. Still need to pick up a manual gear surround so i'm still on the hunt if anyone just so happens to have one tucked away that they don't need anymore :smiley:

there is one in the classifieds!!

removed the engine cover/intake pipe started sanding them down and will refurb them to nice deep gloss finish.
the engine cover will be smoothed as well.
and sprayed the B6 flip cig unit to match the red interior trim.

20160402 143944
20160402 152614
20160402 143600

i like it tom, i used to love a bit of engine bay dressing. not really bothered now i got a diesel though, i had a few volvo t5's and t4's done them for a laugh at first because my mate did his saph cozy for a show. last one i did was my old type r. loved that.

accord type rIMG 3228
IMG 2073

Reactions: TOM.S
Tried the Mr Muscle VNT fix.... sadly didnt work. Now have an EML on aswell :( think a new charger is on the cards.

Fitted a new thrust sensor too, still no better.