What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Yeah same tone of orange shall we say....does yours have a metallic fleck through it...because the A5 l saw had....looks really good
Aye mate it does, I'll trust your eye

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Anyone here used Gtechniq C4 trim restorer? In the process of detailing my sister's new car (14 year old Clio) and the plastic is properly faded. A few trim dressing/coatings haven't really touched it.

Paintwork is in a bad shape, so waiting on a heavy clay bar to arrive and then using a glaze to mask most of the swirls. Would be good to get the plastic trim looking new as well.

92931ad615684d4e2ec75096434abe13.jpg

960bd58a2bc04fa32402be9d0209e43b.jpg

c4c3ebba1e0053abebc6b319021f538b.jpg

53779718af9a0e5fe73e15d6af9376a5.jpg

d0724e4def9eae8cb9ffedaa115214c3.jpg

Started a new job this week and this is my company car. 131k on the clock and it stunk of fags

Gave it the TJ treatment and it’s now a lot better to drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 3 others
This looks interesting. Apparently due for release this autumn. Cordless, blows warm air at 25 degrees above ambient, and most importantly has an air filter, so you’re not sand blasting your paint, lol. Been hoping this was in their development pipeline for a while. Bet it’s gonna cost c. 200 sheets with battery and charger though. Still could be tempted...
80432B59 6DCF 41A8 A3B5 7D84B14B3E6A

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Bristle Hound
Anyone here used Gtechniq C4 trim restorer? In the process of detailing my sister's new car (14 year old Clio) and the plastic is properly faded. A few trim dressing/coatings haven't really touched it.

Paintwork is in a bad shape, so waiting on a heavy clay bar to arrive and then using a glaze to mask most of the swirls. Would be good to get the plastic trim looking new as well.

I used it last weekend and was impressed with it.

Mud flap before:
E3AF5E6D 5D2D 4D8E 86B7 61E1933E2BF1

Mudflap after:

F381A24F C755 4591 9AF5 D3DDDC3EFDE5

Engine bay:
5B2D3172 915D 4362 9575 B9501A3098F6

Reactions: THQuattro and NevMan
A few items purchased recently. Also have some BH Surfex HD and Simoniz Back to Black tyre shine on the way.

Im almost ready to get cleaning and can't wait. My problem is I've just been browsing the detailing forum and keep seeing product recommendations! Im going to stick with what I have for now and see how I get on.
4642f2599ebf7345f89bf5fbb1e7cdea.jpg
ecea6da1432422d74f820796254f3dea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06, A4A4 and 2 others
Considered murdering the wife as she curbed my wheel again!!! not long after i have had my wheels refurbished.

so bought a short trigger gun to calm myself down.

Reactions: Jimbob76, taks1, NevMan and 3 others
Considered murdering the wife as she curbed my wheel again!!! not long after i have had my wheels refurbished.

so bought a short trigger gun to calm myself down.

I have well and truly been bitten here.

Some Meguiars pads/applicators and some Tenzi matte cockpit arriving soon.

Doh!

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Cheers @X3man, what are you opinions on the Finesse Bug and Grime remover? Any experience at all?

Gave this its first outing this morning.

I’ll say I’m impressed with it, soooo easy at removing the water.

bb2657f3c1d9d983c8bd68c71ed4eb32.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, josul and 1 other person
My Tenzi matt cockpit spray arrived today. Could I use this to remove marks and dirt from the nobbly trim down by where the door sill is? Or am I better of removing this with some Surfex HD perhaps?

Cheers

I would just like to say I absolutely HATE this thread. Roll back 12months ago i had one bottle of shampoo a sponge a bucket.

now i must own half of the local detailing store, and theres constantly something new to try out. Its costing me a Fortune car has never looked so good though......

Reactions: taks1, NevMan and Bishop187
I would just like to say I absolutely HATE this thread. Roll back 12months ago i had one bottle of shampoo a sponge a bucket.

now i must own half of the local detailing store, and theres constantly something new to try out. Its costing me a Fortune car has never looked so good though......
Feel your pain...been there. One bucket, yellow sponge, any shampoo/wax combo, leather chamois and scratchy drying towel.....oh dear :whistle2:

Reactions: Henda
Right next question.......hahaha

i have some of the supernatural leather cleaner and i thought that would suffice, it does a brilliant job but now i am wanting to use a leather cream to treat it one it has been cleaned. Does anyone rate the Autoglym leather cream or the gyeon stuff?

thanks in advance.

Right next question.......hahaha

i have some of the supernatural leather cleaner and i thought that would suffice, it does a brilliant job but now i am wanting to use a leather cream to treat it one it has been cleaned. Does anyone rate the Autoglym leather cream or the gyeon stuff?

thanks in advance.
Good cleaner that, saved my bacon last week when the Mrs spilt a hot chocolate all over the inside of my car. Fuming!

Anyway. I was under the impression "modern" leather doesn't require treating, as it has a sort of plastic coating over it. "Detailing Guru" on YT has a video on cleaning leather and talks about this fact.

Reactions: Henda
Good cleaner that, saved my bacon last week when the Mrs spilt a hot chocolate all over the inside of my car. Fuming!

Anyway. I was under the impression "modern" leather doesn't require treating, as it has a sort of plastic coating over it. "Detailing Guru" on YT has a video on cleaning leather and talks about this fact.

it’s not so much the seats. Its the steering wheel, i work in i dirty environment along with all this ****** hand sanitiser its not staying clean long but all getting mark. Thought i might be able to use a cream to help in protecting it.

it’s not so much the seats. Its the steering wheel, i work in i dirty environment along with all this ****** hand sanitiser its not staying clean long but all getting mark. Thought i might be able to use a cream to help in protecting it.
If you're after protecting use the supernatural leather sealant. Quality stuff and lasts a decent length of time, usually top up once a month on my seats and wheel.

HA2U86Pm.jpg

On offer at 1/2 price at my local Asda for £5
May as well give it a try :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan
I have well and truly been bitten here.

Some Meguiars pads/applicators and some Tenzi matte cockpit arriving soon.

Doh!

@Sir Chumpalot - it’s only going to get worse ... :help:- get ready to have your bank account emptied buying detailing stuff lol

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Sir Chumpalot
Linked to my other post. I've bought some rag company waffle glass cleaning cloths

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Bought a couple of ValetPro brushes, one soft for around badges etc. And the other a chemical resistant one for getting into the tight spots on my wheels didn’t like the one I currently had as bristles are too stiff and wouldn't get into the tight corners.

Bought a couple of ValetPro brushes, one soft for around badges etc. And the other a chemical resistant one for getting into the tight spots on my wheels didn’t like the one I currently had as bristles are too stiff and wouldn't get into the tight corners.

They're good brushes...one for wheels like you say...the other for the interior...not cheap though,sorry the ones l bought where CarPro....same ones l think

Just ordered this
Back in stock at eurocarparts for £7.99

Attachments

• FA583468-4ACD-47EE-978B-F73E708B8142.jpeg
    FA583468-4ACD-47EE-978B-F73E708B8142.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: Bristle Hound
Ordered a replacement bottle for my snow foam lance as i damaged the original. Suppose £5 is better than £35 spent.

Reactions: Bishop187
Ordered 10 Angelwax Bilberry air fresheners for £22 on their website today , bargain

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
Really miss not being able to get hold of any Zymol Cleaner Wax in the UK, used this years ago and it was brilliant. Now can only get/find expensive (OTT) Zymol waxes. Way out of my league.

So was happy to see this from Zymol. Not a wax but a detailer spray.

Zymol Deep Gloss Detailing Spray. Under a tenner, not bad for Zymol product.

Upload 2020 10 2 22 18 56

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Dropped my karcher k2 off its storage shelf and managed to smash the inlet and outlet connectors.

Got one of these yesterday from direct hoses. Not tried it yet but can say its very industrial and looks decent quality.

Grey 7 ( Industrial ) CAR DETAILERS PACK Rubber Wire Reinforced Hose Swivel Trigger

d6433eccfe701977f5daefc692a35053.jpg

Reactions: Andy F, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
A 3” & a 5” black hex logic backing pad, some Mezerna 3800 (never used before) and some good old bilt hamber wheel cleaner

Reactions: Jassyo06
Quick update on the Grey 7 ( Industrial ) CAR DETAILERS PACK pressure washer

Only had a quick play with it today in-between rain storms but can deffo say that this is far far better than the k2, no surprise really given the k2 was only £38 in b&q around 6 years ago ( it was special offer, one of those when its gone its gone deals)

Hose is decent quality, trigger gun seems more robust than the karcher.
Decent pressure through a 20m hose, only wish I got a 30m now though and a hose reel.
Pressure is factory set at 1.4bar, you can adjust this but feel that this us more than enough for my needs.
Motors run fairly quiet, certainly no more noisy than the karcher.
I've not used all the bits and pieces yet but so far so good.