What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Saw this in Costco over weekend

So much want.....

Easy wheels off to clean and seal and easy access to wheel arches :)

Think the wife would finally think I've gone nuts lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, RAF_S7, Jimbob76 and 1 other person

So much want.....

Saw this at mine too, takes some justifying for a £1k lol. But the video demonstration shows how good it is, good thing if you're in the business I suppose

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigup
thanks mate, hope so...that reminds me, need to get couple brushes. so you reckon 10mm?
10mm is a perfect size, Scotch Brite, panel wipe, paint,jobs a good un, best not apply paint in direct sunlight as it will begin to cure immediately so less time to work with it, also have a cloth with some white spirit handy incase of a shaky hand lol

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
10mm is a perfect size, Scotch Brite, panel wipe, paint,jobs a good un, best not apply paint in direct sunlight as it will begin to cure immediately so less time to work with it, also have a cloth with some white spirit handy incase of a shaky hand lol

Nice one, and very good point in the ok’ shaky hand comment

So much want.....

Now THAT is a jack, but need a garage just for it, never mind the car

Reactions: Scotty75 and bigup
Good to hear mate, decent weather always cheers me up.
Even better news you have "permission"...a slightly different scale to me getting sign-off for red calipers. But she is worried it is going to look like a dogs dinner....must admit a little worried about that myself....now where is that paint stripper?

You'll be fine mate - like @jassyo06 says, fine 10mm brush and just have a nice green tea for breakfast to keep your hand steady (not the usual x3 rocket fuel Nespressos, lol). Seriously, bit of masking tape around brake discs etc and you'll be good :thumbs up: Take your time, and don't be tempted to over work/over brush the Hammerite - you'll be tempted to think "I can just get that bit a little better", but if you think that, don't, and move on - that's what the second coat is for (it is pretty forgiving stuff though, so you'll be 'reet')

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
My neighbours already think I’ve gone bonkers since I got the S3!! Was desperate to get the Megs tyre finish on yesterday, but “apparently” mowing and edging the lawn was “more important”! Lol.

So much want.....

I could just see my car on one of these rolling off the drive and into the telegraph pole opposite !!!

You'll be fine mate - like @jassyo06 says, fine 10mm brush and just have a nice green tea for breakfast to keep your hand steady (not the usual x3 rocket fuel Nespressos, lol). Seriously, bit of masking tape around brake discs etc and you'll be good :thumbs up: Take your time, and don't be tempted to over work/over brush the Hammerite - you'll be tempted to think "I can just get that bit a little better", but if you think that, don't, and move on - that's what the second coat is for (it is pretty forgiving stuff though, so you'll be 'reet')

....and can’t wait to see the results of the calliper job!!!

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75

Haha, I do actually have Nespresso
I will tape up discs and not go over same spot..have used hammerite before on cast iron lamppost on our drive, so know it provides good coverage and smooths itself, but will drag if you go over it again. You reckon 2 coats are enough?

Jack and stands arriving today...um, haven’t told the Mrs about this delivery, and she is at home (remember forgiveness rather than permission )

Not sure however if I will get time or conditions to do this over weekend as supposed to chuck it down, and busy on Saturday.

Reactions: Jimbob76
How sad is this, my lock screen on my phone

73ca1483f13bae05bbddf823e45e43e2.jpg

My missus thinks I have a problem...what does she know

Reactions: josul, Scotty75, Jimbob76 and 2 others

Ermm - yes, I think you have a problem......................................you need a new missus lol !

Reactions: Bulldog, Scotty75 and NevMan

Lol, nowt wrong with that mate. Had this as the screensaver on my phone for about a year now :yes:

IMG 1339

Reactions: josul, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Reactions: NevMan and Adam14

So much want.....

Gone.... Nuts.... Thinks its progressed a bit further than that mate

Reactions: bigup, OCDaveS4 and NevMan
Get a grip you..... Beading ***.... Lol

PMSL!! A beading convert

Update on delivery: trolley Jack and stands have arrived, Mrs signed for

Her comment....a jack!!! I thought you were going to borrow off Kevin...***

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and Jassyo06
PMSL!! A beading convert

Update on delivery: trolley Jack and stands have arrived, Mrs signed for

Her comment....a jack!!! I thought you were going to borrow off Kevin...***

Onset of Divorce Deaux lol

Reactions: NevMan
Onset of Divorce Deaux lol

Haha, no she is a good ‘un. Was a tough time for her and us this time last year, and now back into annual checks and all that. Life is short....so spend/enjoy it

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and Jassyo06
Haha, no she is a good ‘un. Was a tough time for her and us this time last year, and now back into annual checks and all that. Life is short....so spend/enjoy it

You've too much money mate..... Think what car you could have..... Next....... :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan
You've too much money mate..... Think what car you could have..... Next....... :whistle2:

Hmm, good question, thinking: Macan S, X3M, RSQ3, RSQ5 (if they make one!), SQ5....or actually stick with a car for longer, but whatever, next WILL be bigger than 4 cyl. Maybe next RS3

Reactions: Scotty75
Project caliper products:

2097be295d876e217ef24f10e55e8e76.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, Scotty75 and OCDaveS4
You're going to need a bigger shed soon Nev. Still those calipers will look really good once done . During painting you may think it'll be in your face but once those wheels go on they look just so . Busy , busy ......

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Hmm, good question, thinking: Macan S, X3M, RSQ3, RSQ5 (if they make one!), SQ5....or actually stick with a car for longer, but whatever, next WILL be bigger than 4 cyl. Maybe next RS3
I forgot to add it would be a lot easier to attain if you'd stop wasting money on detailing guff lol

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
This lot arrived today - Karcher K4 Premium (so comes with the integrated hose reel) Full Control from the Karcher outlet at the bargain price of £147 delivered (including extended warranty), and Autobrite Direct top quality SF lance. I'm ruddy chuffed. The REALLY nice surprise was that the hose is 11.5 metres long!!! Was expecting it to be 6m (as per all the product info details on 'tinterweb) and was anticipating needing to get a separate extension hose. No need, can get all the way around the car with this, without having the drag the Karcher round with me. Result.

Already 'vajazzled' it with a decent brass hose connector, lol. Just need the car to get dirty now so I can road test her. Hoping it will be a LOT quieter than my old screaming banshee entry-level Nilfisk (that old nag will be retired to back of house/garden duties).

IMG 1347

Next on the list, Hose-eez Detail Guardz (pack of x4), to avoid the hose snagging on tyres. Supposed to be good...

Hose eez

Reactions: OCDaveS4, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 3 others
This lot arrived today - Karcher K4 Premium (so comes with the integrated hose reel) Full Control from the Karcher outlet at the bargain price of £147 delivered (including extended warranty), and Autobrite Direct top quality SF lance. I'm ruddy chuffed. The REALLY nice surprise was that the hose is 11.5 metres long!!! Was expecting it to be 6m (as per all the product info details on 'tinterweb) and was anticipating needing to get a separate extension hose. No need, can get all the way around the car with this, without having the drag the Karcher round with me. Result.

Already 'vajazzled' it with a decent brass hose connector, lol. Just need the car to get dirty now so I can road test her. Hoping it will be a LOT quieter than my old screaming banshee entry-level Nilfisk (that old nag will be retired to back of house/garden duties).

View attachment 182534

Next on the list, Hose-eez Detail Guardz (pack of x4), to avoid the hose snagging on tyres. Supposed to be good...

View attachment 182535

Nice one, sounds like a cracking deal there, and a decent length hose thrown in hose-eez are useful little blighters

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jimbob76

View attachment 182534

View attachment 182535
Yuv won a watch there mate.... Great bit of kit

Reactions: V6_Man and Jimbob76
Yuv won a watch there mate.... Great bit of kit

Come on @jassyo06 bet you can't wait to get on-board the plane. It sounds like a not-so-good holiday for you mate and I am sure you'll get your money back. Safe travels back home mate

I will so ask the company to throw in BH Snowfoam and BSD as a goodwill as imo it would make it the whole experience real sweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06