what colour spring in your forge DV

Funny I should read this as I have a spring, cap & the funny dome shaped alum piece from my DV when I had my S3, that I dont use or have a use for, anyone want it?

Yellow in mine, holds back 24PSI fairly happily..... mounted cold side though to stop it sticking.

Reactions: MagicNinja3
Green at the moment but I've got a yellow one here. CC reckoned that the green one is plenty for a stage 1 remap.

i think that why i've lost 2psi off my peak upgrading to yellow as the nice man at forge stand gave me a yellow one on sunday, this was after i told him the FMIC kit was silly expensive and how much I made mine for!

Blue, but I'm going to put the yellow back in today.

DV = Diverter valve. Allows excess boost pressure to escape from the post turbo tract to the pre-turbo inlet pipe when the throttle closes. Prevents air chopping back through the turbo and/or stalling the turbine.

put my yellow one in now definitely holding full boost better, that DV has been on there years with green i wonder why superchips never fitted the yellow spring? after all it was their car!

had my s3 cc'd a few weeks ago. is it worth upgrading my dv??? what sort of difference would i see if so???

seems to running well on the standard one.

Hi

As a rule of thumb:

Green- Stock map 5-15 psi
Yellow- Remapped 15-23 psi
Blue- Remapped/ big turbo, etc 23-30 psi
Red- Everything! 30+ psi

My S3 amd TT both mapped both had yellow springs.

Cheers Shaun.

P.S. If anyone needs spare green or yellow springs give me a call and we can do them for £5 each inc postage.

Was faffing with my spring the other day. In the OEM setup the pressure acts on the side of the piston of the 007P. As a result you can use the green spring for high boost. Mine holds over 25psi with the green.

If you run your valve reversed then you'd want to take the figures from forge's website into account.

To decide on the spring, you just need to decide how much boost you want to dump between gear changes. A higher load spring might be more responsive? Less boost pressure released? But not too heavy as to send pressure back through the compressor.

Just a thought.

I've gone back to green for now.

As an addition to this thread, has anyone had any probs with their dv's?

After reading this post i tried re-fitting my one only to find i was loosing performance. Assuming it was leaking, i stretched the spring about 4-5mm & it seemed to help.

Went for a run today only to find on the way home i started loosing power. lucky i had a boost gauge in for the time being & it showed the boost pressure spiking from the normal 20-22psi up to 25psi & off the scale.
Then dropping back down to a max of 5 psi.

Any one else had this?
Back to the standard bosch & cleared with vagcom & all good again...

Just swapped my green spring for a yellow one supplied from AMD Essex (Great service - by the way).

My S3 now "seems" to pull a little harder further up the rev range and maybe more responsive as stated by HTC. Should this be the case or have I just swallowed a big placebo?

ICE

erm, excuse the stupidity, but how do i know, where is the spring?

i fitted a new forge DV (007p) to the audi today but couldnt see the spring? i take it comes with a standard colour?

:blush:

standard is green Sheryl, unscrew the top part of the DV to see what colour yours is!

cheers Nick :icon_thumright:

should i change it seeing as ive had a phase 1 map? to yellow? ive no idea what my PSI is :unsure:

Si..........have you got any pics of your home made fmic kit i can look at please??

Im also running the standard dv with a revo map, how do i know if i need to uprate it to a forge one?

i have the splitter valve which is adjustable spring rate, when i had my re-mapp they set it up and it'd boost to 20psi but not holding the boost so i tightened it up a further 5 clicks to hold boost but have a top boost of only 18-19psi now but it holds it, does this sound right?

Just swapped my green spring for a yellow one supplied from AMD Essex (Great service - by the way).

My S3 now "seems" to pull a little harder further up the rev range and maybe more responsive as stated by HTC. Should this be the case or have I just swallowed a big placebo?

ICE

Hi

This sounds about right. The gains are not huge but if you can "feel" a difference then its usually over 5% gain/difference.

Cheers Shaun.

Hi

As a rule of thumb:

Green- Stock map 5-15 psi
Yellow- Remapped 15-23 psi
Blue- Remapped/ big turbo, etc 23-30 psi
Red- Everything! 30+ psi

My S3 amd TT both mapped both had yellow springs.

Cheers Shaun.

P.S. If anyone needs spare green or yellow springs give me a call and we can do them for £5 each inc postage.

Thanks Shaun ordered my yellow to try, arrived the very next day. Top service