What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Hee Haw I've been at work today and yesterday but hopefully I'll get time to do something to my car before the new year arrives mate

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and V6_Man
I gave my Q5 a wash with Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax on Thursday, and was pleased to see that there is still a good finish from the Meguiars Xpress spray wax that I applied about 6 weeks ago. :icon thumright:

Cupra got a good clean today
Pre-wash, shampoo, coat of 50/50 BSD & Serious Performance QD V3, tyres dressed & interior cleaned
Phew !

Rewarding colour to work with mystery blue

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Gave my Voodoo Doll a real good seeing today....lol the weather was ok apart from the wind chill....so the car is very very clean and its to be even milder tomorrow...............Soooooo l am going to polish every ****** panel with either Menzerna 3500 OR 3800....Will try the 3500 on a panel first see how goes not used it before and take it from there and also apply Fusion wax.....big task giving the amount of daylight we get.....but l am just going to wizz round it early doors......with Night Vision goggles on.....lol

Car goes into the tyre fitters on Monday morning to get the correct Pzeros fitted this time...currently the front wheels are shod with Pzero runflats....a Merc tyre fitment...its been expensive...but hopefully l can sell the Merc runflat Pzeros on Ebay to recoup some Dosh

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Gave my Voodoo Doll a real good seeing today....lol the weather was ok apart from the wind chill....so the car is very very clean and its to be even milder tomorrow...............Soooooo l am going to polish every ****** panel with either Menzerna 3500 OR 3800....Will try the 3500 on a panel first see how goes not used it before and take it from there and also apply Fusion wax.....big task giving the amount of daylight we get.....but l am just going to wizz round it early doors......with Night Vision goggles on.....lol

Car goes into the tyre fitters on Monday morning to get the correct Pzeros fitted this time...currently the front wheels are shod with Pzero runflats....a Merc tyre fitment...its been expensive...but hopefully l can sell the Merc runflat Pzeros on Ebay to recoup some Dosh

No pics mate? Good work, let’s see some when you have polished and waxed bummer on the pzeros, how did that happen?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cupra got a good clean today
Pre-wash, shampoo, coat of 50/50 BSD & Serious Performance QD V3, tyres dressed & interior cleaned
Phew !

Rewarding colour to work with mystery blue

Never in a Million years could l own a Dark Blue or Black painted car mate....if you really use it properly...ie mileage wise....that is,ok if yer poncing about here and there but...my Mrs wee Fiesta....is a fooking nightmare to maintain and its got road rash and some stone chips already and its not a year old til this April 8500k miles atm

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Finally got round to properly cleaning new windscreen with AngelWax Vision and then 2 x coats of AngelWax H2Go, with about 15-20mins Cure time for each coat, but as was mild didn’t need to use car heater or hair dryer to help cure Did all windows and back screen too. Finished with interior clean, vacuum and rubber mats washed and dried.

@jassyo06 - A serious seeing too buddy
A brave man / serious detailer at this time of year
Pic's would be nice ;):D
Had ditch finder run flats on the wife's old JCW MINI & I thought they were truly dangerous TBH
If I remember rightly I put some Hankook's on which were the preferred tyre of choice at that time for the JCW

Did the same as you & got rid of the RF's on eBay
Heard some rumours about tyres being awkward to send via post nowadays. Might be worth checking out mate

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Never in a Million years could l own a Dark Blue or Black painted car mate....if you really use it properly...ie mileage wise....that is,ok if yer poncing about here and there but...my Mrs wee Fiesta....is a ******* nightmare to maintain and its got road rash and some stone chips already and its not a year old til this April 8500k miles atm
@jassyo06 - Won't be doing the dark car thing again mate
Just thinking about keeping a black car gives me the eeebbbeee jeeebee's (not sure about the spelling lol)
Just about getting away with the blue on the Cupra at the mo lol

Pleased the wife's Captur is white, albeit with a black roof ***

Reactions: NevMan
No pics mate? Good work, let’s see some when you have polished and waxed bummer on the pzeros, how did that happen?

Tyre dilemma blame is 50/50 mate they ie National tyres didnt fit the correct tyres i ordered but l didnt want to risk them taking the runflats back off and refitting the older OEM tyres....so they will have only done 150 miles when they've been replaced by the correct AO Pzeros on Monday...so going sell the Merc RO runflats on ebay....if i dont i'll keep em and fit them on the car when l sell it on

Had ditch finder run flats on the wife's old JCW MINI & I thought they were truly dangerous TBH
If I remember rightly I put some Hankook's on which were the preferred tyre of choice at that time for the JCW

Heard some rumours about tyres being awkward to send via post nowadays. Might be worth checking out mate

Wife’s JCW has PZero’s and whilst car handles well, does tramline under acceleration, but that is probably me expecting Quattro like handling and control

@jassyo06 - Won't be doing the dark car thing again mate
Just thinking about keeping a black car gives me the eeebbbeee jeeebee's (not sure about the spelling lol)
Just about getting away with the blue on the Cupra at the mo lol

Pleased the wife's Captur is white, albeit with a black roof ***

Quality post mate...lol

Tyre dilemma blame is 50/50 mate they ie National tyres didnt fit the correct tyres i ordered but l didnt want to risk them taking the runflats back off and refitting the older OEM tyres....so they will have only done 150 miles when they've been replaced by the correct AO Pzeros on Monday...so going sell the Merc RO runflats on ebay....if i dont i'll keep em and fit them on the car when l sell it on

Excuse the stupid question (I know no wise cracks), but how do I know if wife’s JCW has runflat P Zeros or not?

Yeah the ride is overly firm at the front....the profile/sidewall is far taller than the AO tyres on the rear....its been expensive but l am a Uber tyre Snob and l love tyre uniformity

Excuse the stupid question (I know no wise cracks), but how do I know if wife’s JCW has runflat P Zeros or not?
@q5man - If I remember right from the pic's of your good ladies JCW, it has 17's on it
Its only the 18's that come with RF's mate

Any suggestions on a good handheld snowfoam spray bottle? I can't use my Karcher atm, I have managed to find a self-wash place locally and planning on taking both the cars there tomorrow and use their pressure washer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will let know tomorrow...or post a photo and i'll tell ya....the tyre wall tells all

Yeah the ride is overly firm at the front....the profile/sidewall is far taller than the AO tyres on the rear....its been expensive but l am a Uber tyre Snob and l love tyre uniformity
@jassyo06 - I'm not so much a tyre snob but defo a bit anal about the uniformity thing a ma jiggy :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Any suggestions on a good handheld snowfoam spray bottle? I can't use my Karcher atm, I have managed to find a self-wash place locally and planning on taking both the cars there tomorrow and use their pressure washer.

Hand held.....nae Comprendi mate

Reactions: V6_Man
Hand held.....nae Comprendi mate

Per chance ...
lol
iu

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and V6_Man
@q5man - If I remember right from the pic's of your good ladies JCW, it has 17's on it

Thanks mate, I didn’t think they were runflats, and yes, they are the 17”s - well remembered

Proper clean for the JCW today. Used AngelWax Cleanliness, Enigma and QED.

Finished off with Vision and H2Go

f8e9deb1791d655d75bd929371e70332.jpg

02393d74d6a661e7cff3a5523e0068de.jpg

660bc633ba4919298eac22af73db5dcf.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S., S32B, Pook and 2 others
Not today but yesterday. Washed the A3 with TJ's shampoo and finished off using ceramic detailer.

0079160dfd4b0bb534064a88cf4f6230.jpg

9c83c5f0156f9991497b81f98f25c15a.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS3 S., 45bvtc and 2 others
Not today but yesterday. Washed the A3 with TJ's shampoo and finished off using ceramic detailer.

0079160dfd4b0bb534064a88cf4f6230.jpg

9c83c5f0156f9991497b81f98f25c15a.jpg

Looks ok mate, but you need to sort out all those swirls ***

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Here you go:

746b37ac4c825941354ca541faf3e9ba.jpg

They aint Run flats mate although they have RO fitment the side wall shoulder is'nt Square enough,my front tyres are MO ie Mercedes oem fitment and the sidewall profile is very tall in comparison to the A01 tyres on the rears of my car

Q5 got a proper wash including the winter alloys, and a coating of reload.

fa0fb892f1af60e338e7c855ecee53dd.jpg

e6545739d78775eb3fc2d3f642a874e7.jpg

72f0c228f67bc2fb3872c625c5ce8e94.jpg

21df7ec88cdb621aabf5671ce56057b1.jpg

bf5894fee2148d9e4cafbc23e6470675.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S., V6_Man, S32B and 1 other person
Q5 got a proper wash including the winter alloys, and a coating of reload.

fa0fb892f1af60e338e7c855ecee53dd.jpg

e6545739d78775eb3fc2d3f642a874e7.jpg

72f0c228f67bc2fb3872c625c5ce8e94.jpg

21df7ec88cdb621aabf5671ce56057b1.jpg

bf5894fee2148d9e4cafbc23e6470675.jpg
@q5man - Great finish Nev. Q5 looking very nice indeedy ! :thumbs up:
Reload is one of my old fave products

Reactions: 45bvtc and NevMan
Partners car got the done&dusted today but it was so cold out there my hose went stiff. Apologies for the photo but taken through a window:
20190102 131931 2268x3024

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound and NevMan
After all your hard work, I hope your partner thawed your hose out for you, cuke2u....haha!!! :whistle2::whistle2:

For anyone else (as you now know) https://www.blackcircles.com/helpcentre/tyres/how-do-i-know-if-my-tyres-are-run-flat-tyres

Unless you ticked the RF option box for £200 on the 17's ;)

Proper clean for the JCW today. Used AngelWax Cleanliness, Enigma and QED.

Finished off with Vision and H2Go

f8e9deb1791d655d75bd929371e70332.jpg

02393d74d6a661e7cff3a5523e0068de.jpg

660bc633ba4919298eac22af73db5dcf.jpg
Love that colour combo :)

@q5man - Be grateful you didn't get the ditch finder RF's that we got as standard on our JCW

62e16c15a1f32b749bd974f969d93b56_zps59585c7f.jpg~original
Not normally a fan of black alloys, but I do like those :)