Wet floor in one place ??

dancupra225

Reaction score
Passenger side is wet just in a corner werid
0f76759d5040331d43d91a53c094ae0b.jpg

Just in that spot is it heater matrix or something ??

I had a small amount come in to mine via the heater fan housing.

I found that the black plastic trim that sits over the lower part of the windscreen wasnt quite seated properly, so removed wiper arms, removed trim and cleaned behind it.

It then fitted snug and i've had no issues since.

Just in the corner which I find werid place rear wiper does work really and I'm think from engine bay but...
I would of thought the whole floor be wet then

water comes in through the pollen filter... normally because the scuttle cover has come away from the bottom of the windscreen allowing water to get in

<tuffty/>

Potentially... problem is with the plastic bit that runs along the bottom of the screen... the scuttle cover clips into it but if its been off they don't always go back in right... the other issue is this plastic bit is bonded to the bottom of the screen... over time it looses adhesion and so when you push down on the scuttle cover to clip it in the plastic bit flexes down and the scuttle cover doesn't clip in allowing water to get past and this can lead to damaged ECU and leaks through the pollen filter

<tuffty/>

But seems it's in a werid place the wet patch tho not the whole floor just that corner werid

Probably where its pooling... tracking through the foam sound insulation underneath

<tuffty/>

I'll
Check it out this week so pollen filter and bits first then go from there

As tufty said, have a look under the pollen filter and you may see water pooling in the plastic housing underneath.

I could also hear water sloshing around behind the glovebox when mine had this issue.

If so, remove wipers, remove black plastic panel that fits against the windscreen, then give the back of the panel and the area that it fits to the car a really good clean. There is a channel that had dirt in it on mine, and once that was cleaned, the trim fitted flush again, and no more water issues.

Everything else is dry tho just in one tiny corner gunna check when a spare moment to myself which is never lol