Waze now available in CarPlay

T

T-800

For anyone interested Waze is now available in CarPlay.

6c8a2b9a779fe45c35ea2447af20d924.png

Reactions: Rob Avant and NevMan
If you close Waze down by pressing the home button in the mmi screen it will carry on running in the background, but it will warn you in the mmi about upcoming speed cameras via pop ups.

Reactions: NevMan and paul wev
A cool thing i found out the other day is that Volkswagen have put some 'GTI superdrives' routes on there for driving pleasure. You can search for them with that phrase as well. I've checked near me and actually it's correct - what a surprise! It's a good road for some fun.

Remember to drive responsibly however. :)

Reactions: Rob Avant, Daveyonthemove, paul wev and 1 other person
Not showing up under my Carplay options. Is there a way to enable it?

A cool thing i found out the other day is that Volkswagen have put some 'GTI superdrives' routes on there for driving pleasure. You can search for them with that phrase as well. I've checked near me and actually it's correct - what a surprise! It's a good road for some fun.

Remember to drive responsibly however. :)
I stumbled across a few of these over the weekend whilst driving to and around Cornwall.
The A39 between Minehead and Lynton had some great views and fun sections of road. I've recently discovered that most of the best roads I've driven on have a Cattle grid at the start and end, and every inch in between is fun to drive on.

I thought Waze via CarPlay was still in beta? The release notes on the App Store (iOS) don’t suggest a recent update enabling it.

I've recently discovered that most of the best roads I've driven on have a Cattle grid at the start and end, and every inch in between is fun to drive on.
You get a lot of that in the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. :)

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
You get a lot of that in the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. :)
Definitely good examples.
Black mountains in S-wales is also a great road with Cattle Grids either side. Probably why Top Gear and other motoring journalists use it to test drive cars.

I thought Waze via CarPlay was still in beta? The release notes on the App Store (iOS) don’t suggest a recent update enabling it.

I take it back, seems the update hadn’t pushed out to my device when I posted the above!