Waterless Coolant

Pasteurised

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone used Evans Waterless Coolant?
I rekon its a good investment but ive never used it before.
What is the best way to get all of the water out of the system before using the prep fluid?
I was thinking a spare coolant cap with a valve fitted, then open the rad drain tap and pump air into the system to flush it out.

They did the job on wheeler dealers by blowing through the rad and top water hose with an airline, they used a rubber bung with a hole for the air gun, then flushed it twice with the prep fluid, which is reusable as long as you strain it clean.

2 race cars I race with at Combe saloons tried this and both immediately over heated at next race. They reverted to normal and were perfect again

I bought some for mine, and will not be using it... Not worth the bother imho.

Reactions: VAG-Slag
As I see it, engines are designed to run with a pressurised coolant system, but this stuff doesn't run at pressure, therefore it may not flow or cool as it should imo.

It doesn't cool as well because the specific heat capacity is a lot lower for the coolant than it is with a 50/50 mix of water and coolant.
This means it doesn't pick up and carry as much heat as normal coolant.
If the system were designed to use it from scratch it would probably have an uprated pump to get more flow and a larger radiator to dissipate the heat. All this would ad cost and weight to an engine probably one of the reasons manufacturers don't use it.
Engines are pressurized to increase the boiling point of the coolant and also because they are sealed it stops evaporation from the system.
Best to just save money and change the coolant every 2 years using 50/50 water G12/ G12+ or G13

on wheeler dealers they put it in an old fashioned radiator in a stag, which is supposed to be topped up to the very top without an expansion tank and is simply pushed round the engine.