Washer Fluid...

Have you tested your water with a meter? Mine was much higher than Thames Water were suggesting on their website

Amazon product

Have you tested your water with a meter? Mine was much higher than Thames Water were suggesting on their website

Amazon product

No I haven't but the lack of any deposits in our 10 year old kettle suggests it would be low but you're probably right in that it could be higher than they state. I guess though, as the ppm has increased, the water company must test regularly...

Reactions: A12RNX and Daggerit
No I haven't but the lack of any deposits in our 10 year old kettle suggests it would be low but you're probably right in that it could be higher than they state. I guess though, as the ppm has increased, the water company must test regularly...

Just to sh!t stir... You don't have deposits in your kettle after 10 years but you're worried about your washer jet nozzles clogging up from build up in a less harsh environment? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: scotty76, NevMan and cuke2u
Just to sh!t stir... You don't have deposits in your kettle after 10 years but you're worried about your washer jet nozzles clogging up from build up in a less harsh environment? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
There is a method to my madness, somewhere I think....

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
It will reduce the spotting on the wings and bonnet from the headlamp washers. I find this particulary annoying when I have just spent three hours cleaning it...

Reactions: rasA4
It will reduce the spotting on the wings and bonnet from the headlamp washers. I find this particulary annoying when I have just spent three hours cleaning it...

I hate them so much that if I can I’ll find a safe place to just pop on the sidelights and wash the screen that way then put the headlights back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is a very good point. :icon thumright: BUT...

The only fly in the ointment being that the detergent in the washer fluid will probably giving you spotting, but happy to be proven wrong

Yes it will, we will see. At the moment my usage of the car is minimal, as we're on the school break, and night time use is zero.
Hell he deionised water didn't cost me anything in the end anyway..

Reactions: NevMan
There is an offer for VAG screenwash in the group buy section if anyone is interested.

Reactions: rasA4
Yes it will, we will see. At the moment my usage of the car is minimal, as we're on the school break, and night time use is zero.
Hell he deionised water didn't cost me anything in the end anyway..

Oh yes, win win getting that for free

Reactions: cuke2u

Amazon product

I have ordered a TDS water hardness meter as I decided that I wanted to find out the difference the filter will make to my water hardness. I think that's probably the one you've linked but can't tell as Amazon links no longer seem to work.

I have ordered a TDS water hardness meter as I decided that I wanted to find out the difference the filter will make to my water hardness. I think that's probably the one you've linked but can't tell as Amazon links no longer seem to work.
If you post up the amazon code in the middle of the link folk can put this in the search box. E.g B01A0MHHBW

Already have it now and if I've tested the water correctly it is 145ppm, so q5man was very correct in that the online reading is probably only an estimate.
Hat off to you sir...

Already have it now and if I've tested the water correctly it is 145ppm, so q5man was very correct in that the online reading is probably only an estimate.
Hat off to you sir...
No worries, but more importantly than testing what your water hardness actually is (which is important too), is to periodically test that your filter is still delivering 0ppm, as otherwise need resin changed.

Both cars were dusty yesterday, so gave them a rinse down with 0ppm, and dried nicely with no sports, only for it to chuck it down with rain late afternoon and overnight anyway...lol

If you post up the amazon code in the middle of the link folk can put this in the search box. E.g B01A0MHHBW
Apologies all, makes sense posting the product code, which in my case was: B06ZXWXVF1

No worries, but more importantly than testing what your water hardness actually is (which is important too), is to periodically test that your filter is still delivering 0ppm, as otherwise need resin changed.

Both cars were dusty yesterday, so gave them a rinse down with 0ppm, and dried nicely with no sports, only for it to chuck it down with rain late afternoon and overnight anyway...lol
Oh, and also filled up washer fluid and used 0ppm as per your suggestion :icon thumright:

Yeah that's why I got a meter in the end. I have spoken to my detailer about the resin filter, turns out he also has one and greatly impressed with it. Now waiting for the wind to die down a tad as I plan to snow foam my partners fiesta then do a normal rinse without then with the filter.