Warning Car Thieves Targeting RS3's Using MF64 HSU

pez81

Reaction score
I am not an RS3 owner but yesterday a close family member was followed a long distance from her place of work to her home by a blue Golf R reg MF64 HSU.
When she pulled in to her driveway the driver of the Golf R pulled in and watched the house for some time.
They got him (asian male) on video as their house has been targeted before so they have 2 CCTV cameras plus a bollard in the drive.
After speaking with the police they said this vehicle has been reported by others whom they believe it to be associated to vehicle theft.
This vehicle has a Manchester address but the police said they will travel out of the area to target high value cars such as the RS3 8V.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and watch out for this car in particular.

If you notice them following you or watching your car give them a kick in or call the police.

Please share with your friends on Facebook.

Reactions: illingworth22, KenL, Daytonapig and 6 others
As much as I feel the paranoia that your family member must be feeling it really does beg the question, if she knew she was being followed and has had a history of cars being targeted why, why, why did she pull into her street and onto the driveway?!?!

They've done the right thing in reporting it to the police though and hopefully they can do something before anything happens. It really does make you sick that people can't enjoy nice things in life that they've worked hard for!

Cheers for the heads up!

Reactions: Bugeye_bob, SJ43, pez81 and 1 other person
Dude is there any need to bash my family member. **** knows I asked the same thing maybe nerves. But why even mention it she probably regrets it a anyway.
I hope it just let's others know to be aware.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KenL, TDI-line, pburv and 2 others
Lets be honest, and not in any sexist way, but you'd need to be pretty comfortable and ballsy to try and shake off a Golf R even in an RS3 and do it without being a knob yourself. Sounds like she has all the right things in place to stop future thefts, hopefully it will seem like to much bother to the would-be thieves and not bother to target her after that.

Good heads up btw

Reactions: richinsoton
Lets be honest, and not in any sexist way, but you'd need to be pretty comfortable and ballsy to try and shake off a Golf R even in an RS3 and do it without being a knob yourself. Sounds like she has all the right things in place to stop future thefts, hopefully it will seem like to much bother to the would-be thieves and not bother to target her after that.

Good heads up btw
You cant max out her car where she lives too many police and cameras plus she's not a racer. No worries im going to try post a picture of the **** for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: richinsoton
Please watch the language in here

Reactions: Gordo77, Bristle Hound and pez81
Sorry mam

Sorry mam

We have young people that read on the forum. Let's keep it user friendly for all. Sorry was fine, but don't call me mam.

Reactions: A3_Rider, richinsoton, MattSedg and 5 others
We have young people that read on the forum. Let's keep it user friendly for all. Sorry was fine, but don't call me mam.
Ok Shirley. Didn't think about the young ones I will keep the f's down

Reactions: pburv
In America, we would have just confronted the Asian man once he pulled up on the turf. At the point she had the right to shoot to kill.

i'm kidding we aren't violent like that. :rolleyes new:

Reactions: SJ43, glasgowdubber, Terminator x and 1 other person
In America, we would have just confronted the Asian man once he pulled up on the turf. At the point she had the right to shoot to kill.

Made me laugh with your 'shoot to kill' quote and then looking at the pic of Ali's face in your avatar....lol

Ok Shirley. Didn't think about the young ones I will keep the f's down

images
..lol

Reactions: A3_Rider, SJ43, richinsoton and 4 others
Jeez alright it was a joke

lol only to find out later that they were trying to tell you that you have a break light out :D

Reactions: SJ43, pburv, Gordo77 and 1 other person
That was my intention

To be honest I had to read it twice...lol
But I did get the joke hence my post following it...
I'm sure none of us on the forum have any negativity against @Sandra .She's only doing her job(a good one at that)...:friends:

Reactions: SJ43 and pez81
Dude is there any need to bash my family member. **** knows I asked the same thing maybe nerves. But why even mention it she probably regrets it a anyway.
I hope it just let's others know to be aware.

I'm not intending to bash anyone - no disrespect meant :hi:.

I know exactly how she feels, prior to my A3 I had 1 of 500 limited edition performance Fiestas and they were infamous on the forums for having their alloys, spoilers, bumpers nicked etc. So I'd be forever driving around looking in my rear view mirror, just incase someone was following me and whether it was through paranoia or not, it sometimes felt like I was being followed, I'd often double back on myself around a roundabout or take a different way home just to put my mind at ease.

Apologies again :friends:

Reactions: SJ43, pburv, richinsoton and 1 other person
I'm not intending to bash anyone - no disrespect meant :hi:.

I know exactly how she feels, prior to my A3 I had 1 of 500 limited edition performance Fiestas and they were infamous on the forums for having their alloys, spoilers, bumpers nicked etc. So I'd be forever driving around looking in my rear view mirror, just incase someone was following me and whether it was through paranoia or not, it sometimes felt like I was being followed, I'd often double back on myself around a roundabout or take a different way home just to put my mind at ease.

Apologies again :friends:
It's OK mate

Might be worth using a Disclok. they are a right pig to remove without the key!

Often thought on getting one but what,s puting me off is the damage they cause on your steering wheel scratches ect.?

Often thought on getting one but what,s puting me off is the damage they cause on your steering wheel scratches ect.?
They don't cause any damage, unless you're clumsy, they are lined with felt inside.
It is however a complete faff to have to keep putting it on & taking it off and storing it in the car (quite bulky).

If they're breaking in for your car key, they'll be requesting the Diskloc key too.

Been using one for years, have carried it over from car to car.
There are no marks on my wheel at all, not one. They also come in a bag with velcro on the underside so it doesn't slide about in the boot.
This is a disklok as apart from other steering wheel lock devices.

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CKmXmb6Mls8CFWMq0wodwIoLyQ

You will see from their website that they do offer a cover that you can use if you're clumsy

Been using one for years, have carried it over from car to car.
There are no marks on my wheel at all, not one. They also come in a bag with velcro on the underside so it doesn't slide about in the boot.
This is a disklok as apart from other steering wheel lock devices.

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CKmXmb6Mls8CFWMq0wodwIoLyQ

You will see from their website that they do offer a cover that you can use if you're clumsy
Obviously you have used it for years do you find it a 'faff' putting it off and on?

Very interesting development to the story!

I'm sure the police may be interested in knowing where the car is

May be they have changed vehicles? Or they have access to lots of vehicles to use when following cars?

May be they have changed vehicles? Or they have access to lots of vehicles to use when following cars?
They certainly will do if someone at the dealer is dodgy!

Perhaps cloned plates?

The trouble is, there is no law against following cars and parking. I would imagine they need more evidence to pull them over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suggest to your family member that if it was to happen again to drive to a Police station.

Reactions: davc and pez81
also if you have a vehicle behind you that you suspect isnt a police car but may have blues etc, just drive at the speed limit and dial 999, explain where and what is happening.

also if you have a vehicle behind you that you suspect isnt a police car but may have blues etc, just drive at the speed limit and dial 999, explain where and what is happening.
Yeah I've heard this too and they can then check for you if there are actually any real police cars in that area