VWR BBK - Thoughts ?

Stig555

Reaction score
Was looking into possibly upgrading the S3 front brakes to the 6 piston VWR BBK. Has anyone tried this kit out? What are your thoughts?

Was looking into possibly upgrading the S3 front brakes to the 6 piston VWR BBK. Has anyone tried this kit out? What are your thoughts?

I've got this kit.

At the time,it was about the only kit out there,and it is a good improvement over the stock brakes.

Now,you can find better from AP,Alcon etc,and also the various RS kits available,and from DaveB if you have time.

Mine is now a mix using the VWR calipers,with AP rotors and Mintex 1155 pads.

Reactions: Stig555
Thanks for the input. So overall you are pleased but not amazed by them?

Are you planning to fit them to OEM 10 spoke 18s? I've been searching high and low for a kit that will fit :'(

Reactions: Stig555
Thanks for the input. So overall you are pleased but not amazed by them?
I was more amazed by swapping to AP rotors and Mintex pads.

Vagbremtechnic do a great kit for the A3/S3.

4pot calipers which weigh 5kg each less than the OEM S3 calipers, 2 piece AP 362mm rotors and a choice of pads from Ferodo DS2500 to Project Mu race pads.

Reactions: grchmason and S3Alex
Are you planning to fit them to OEM 10 spoke 18s? I've been searching high and low for a kit that will fit :'(

The oem wheel has a et54 offset and is just with a 7.5 width. They won't fit without spacers. You would need a an offset of et45 and a 8 inch wide wheel from what I understand.

From past experience with upgrading brakes... I would only use AP or Brembo as aftermarket (or OE equivalents)

The oem wheel has a et54 offset and is just with a 7.5 width. They won't fit without spacers. You would need a an offset of et45 and a 8 inch wide wheel from what I understand.

Yep, you will need 8"x18" and ET45 as a minimum for the Vagbremtechnic 4pot kit.

Vagbremtechnic do a great kit for the A3/S3.

4pot calipers which weigh 5kg each less than the OEM S3 calipers, 2 piece AP 362mm rotors and a choice of pads from Ferodo DS2500 to Project Mu race pads.

Price please mate ?

There's always the yellow speed racing 6 Pot kit that I also have . Nothing but good things to say about them atm :) and a steal for the price !

Reactions: S3Alex