Voice directions not working on rns-e?

fangio

Reaction score
Just retro-fitted a mk2 rns-e and had it coded with VCDS, but the nice lady won't tell me where to go?
I've turned it on in set-up but when I press Info in Navi mode, she tells me she's not been activated, so she's not dead. :3sadwalk:

Help please!

thats women for ya

Reactions: Dannykn9 and OVRA3
There is a seperate volume for the voice commands... Check that and make sure it's not turned down.

Done that, she's there 'cos she tells me she's not been told to give me directions = "Voice guidance has not been activated!" but the voice guidance 'on' box is ticked in setup.....

Done that, she's there 'cos she tells me she's not been told to give me directions = "Voice guidance has not been activated!" but the voice guidance 'on' box is ticked in setup.....
Will have a look at mine tonight, but I think the only time that has happened is when either the DVD isn't in or hadn't chosen a route from the 3 options iirc.

You *%^+***"%$&, my missus was sat next to me when I clicked that!

After she got over the shock, she asked me "What sick ****** posted that?", then said "Mind you, all the kids have mouths like that nowadays."

She wasn't impressed at all!:slap:

Oops sorry, :slapped: I should have put a warning next to it!

Pressed my volume button in tonight when I got in the car before I set a destination and it says the same as above, but as soon as you set a destination it works fine. Maybe it could be coding???

I'm having similar problems apart from my nav works but she doesn't speak unless I press in the volume button, then she says where to go and then nothing agen until I press again. Sorry to hijack just maybe a similar problem

I'm having similar problems apart from my nav works but she doesn't speak unless I press in the volume button, then she says where to go and then nothing agen until I press again. Sorry to hijack just maybe a similar problem

I think yours is a slghtly different issue johnboy, but is the voice guidance deffo turned on (or even off phone should work) in the setup menu?

Pressed my volume button in tonight when I got in the car before I set a destination and it says the same as above, but as soon as you set a destination it works fine. Maybe it could be coding???

Doh! Set a route and now she won't shut up! :happy:

Thanks, guys. :salute:

..... how long before the post asking how to make her be quiet?! ;). God I hate my sat nav lady.

Lol no worries mate. I leave mine off normally and just use the button when I need to so don't have to listen to her too much as the voice is annoying.

Wait until the 'honeymoon period' is over you will soon want to turn her off!
I wonder if my Mrs has a setup menu? :D

Doh! Set a route and now she won't shut up!

So you wanted directions to a location you hadnt even told it you wanted to get to, lmao, sorry mate but thats funny if I read that right :p lol.