Virtual Cockpit OCD

Psychoscot

Reaction score
I've just noticed something in the VC which is now going to bug me constantly. They've used the same images for the revised counter and the speedo - the tick marks for 7k and 8k revs are in the red, so are slightly raised over the border of the dial. Because they've used the same image, the ticks for 140mph and 160mph are raised over the border in the same way, which just makes me twitch... Is it just me?
f0fe8d3796a6b0147da87487871066c4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Have to admit that I genuinely can’t see what you’re talking about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zippster
Have to admit that I genuinely can’t see what you’re talking about...

Is this clearer? The ticks on the speedo for 120, 140 and 170 are different for the other ones, they seem to stick out beyond the bezel more.
575ce5f6c9e770ae58d05c7cc5ca37d9.jpg

Although now comparing the picture to what the VC looks like in real life it's really not so noticeable in the pic... Weird...

They look the same to me. Is it maybe just the grey line behind them that fades in from 85mph that’s making them look a little different?

I think that's it, but in real life it looks much more inconsistent that the pic...

Fair enough, I’ll have to take a look at mine next time I’m in the car to see if I can spot what you mean.

Reactions: Psychoscot
I see it haha. Never looked so precisely at a VC. Will compare it with my VC

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

that internal grey ring is shadowed in various areas to give a 3d effect. Think some pills are in order to chill you out :scared2:

Reactions: Happy Grumpz and Psychoscot
Nope I cannot fathom what you are seeing but I guess its like reflections in the windows, once you've seen them then the mind get fixated by them...

Sat in car as passenger and see what you mean, it’s literally 1-2pixels difference! Not noticed nor bothered me, doubt it will as rarely have on full dials

Sat in car as passenger and see what you mean, it’s literally 1-2pixels difference! Not noticed nor bothered me, doubt it will as rarely have on full dials
Yeah, it's one of those things once I've seen it I can't unsee it! Amazing that it looks so different in the photos, but I think it is (as mentioned above) a side effect of the colour gradients on the "bezel" changing as you go round.

Thinking about this.. to be fair I only use the single S4 dial in the middle so I guess I’m likely not to notice ..

It’s not a mistake. It’s just an optical illusion as the shading on the bezel goes from dark to light to give a 3D effect for the dial. I’ll wager that the markers are exactly the same distance on the bezel edge all the way around.

Reactions: tickedon
This thread make me smile. I'm worrying out post-Brexit "rules of original" which are interestingly explained here (as I have a family member who work in the UK car industry in Covernty) but good to know that there are "first world problems" others are concerned about :)

It's an interesting video. Thankfully Audi won't be negatively affected by this, only the UK car industry:

Brexit fallout : Rules of origin means the death of UK car industry

Sorry to see the minister in charge not understanding this properly!

Are others worried about this too, or just me :)