1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vin number decoding

Adrian chandler Apr 4, 2018

1. Adrian chandler

Adrian chandler New Member

Hi guy is there’s a web site you know of that decode a reg number and vin number of a car I have put a deposit on and I’m going to view on Sunday
    Thanks
    Ady

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mxnrg

mxnrg Well-Known Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 SQ5 owners group Audi Q5 MQB Platform

If you mean getting the car spec from the VIN then I'm only aware of Audi dealers themselves having such a database...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

I’ve never come across a site that will decode your VIN online. Only the dealer network can do that. The various online parts site don’t have the connection into Audi to decode, even though they may have an entry box marked VIN Decode.

If you email the dealer and ask him to send you a copy of the option codes, you can decode those to tell you what options you have fitted, although these are not always in plain English.

You can decode options via this site: http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

5. Adrian chandler

Adrian chandler New Member

Ok thanks guys will have too wait and see on Sunday what the car has
    Thanks
    Ady