Views on Mazda 3 or 6 MPS? 2.3T.

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
Just looking at the mazda hot hatches, and obviously i feel like the 3 is a similar car and competitor to the S3 but again cheaper and only FWD lol.
(quick edit) - also im sure iv heard the 3 is based on the chases of the focus, and obviously ford seem to always win handling characteristics.

The mazda 6 MPS actually has full 4WD and being slightly heavier is 6.6 -> 60. It even looks like the S4 with the exhausts.

i am NOT looking to change car at all, im just after some opinions on what other think, or if anyone has driven them or know anything about how they tune up. I actually quite like the look of the 6, if i got a 'proper' spoiler fitted! but you all know me, i like to fit cheap ebay special spoilers to my car! :p

Anyway...

What do you think, 2 cheap links below of each with the 3 having very low miles.

3 MPS
Mazda MAZDA3 2.3T MPS 5dr

6MPS
Mazda MAZDA6 2.3T MPS AWD 4dr

I've always had a soft spot for the Mazda 3 MPS for some reason.

It's too high power for a fwd car, very thirsty and high co2 engine.

But it's well specced, very quick and cheap to buy.

I remember watching a video reviewing the 3 MPS along with a load of other hot hatches and the 3 was very quick indeed. Not just on the straights but on the slalom tests etc also.

The 6 MPS is also very good but find that it looks a little boring and I don't rate the haldex 4wd system too much (system used in the Mazda 6). I find that the torque steer issues are emphasised with larger heavier cars

The Mazda 6 is not that quick for the type of car it is they have not got the same power as a s3

I do not rate the Mazda, neither do the press.....

The Mazda 6 is not that quick for the type of car it is they have not got the same power as a s3

Well it has 260bhp which is similar to S3, but i wasnt saying its faster or anything, just that they are a real bang for buck.

I do not rate the Mazda, neither do the press.....

Yeah i watched some youtube reviews lol, very mixed!

We used to have a Mazda 6 MPS as a response car at work and none of us really liked it. Yes it was quick but very thirsty, the seats were very uncomfortable and generally felt cheap inside.

we have a rolling road only 5 mins away from us . last time i was there a freind of my nephews turned up with the mazda 3 . on the rollers they had to quit after 3 attempts . they couldnt hold it down enough it was spinning on the rollers best run of the 3 was 433 bhp.

we have a rolling road only 5 mins away from us . last time i was there a freind of my nephews turned up with the mazda 3 . on the rollers they had to quit after 3 attempts . they couldnt hold it down enough it was spinning on the rollers best run of the 3 was 433 bhp.

Well obviously no point having that much power with just FWD, hed be best off swapping to the 6 and swapping parts lol.

Mazda interiors are cheap and nasty and I'll bet you can't get 19mpg out of either around town, so you pay for the cheap price in other areas.