vibration issue between 60 80 mph

mat cheeseman

Reaction score
I have a nice new audi a4 quattro avant s line 3.0 v6 tdi 91k. and from picking it up I hit 70 and bang I have a vibration. I keep seeing loads of stuff on this but it's all old forums. just wondering has anyone recently got any info on this issue? I am this week going for new wheels and tyres other wise I'm thinking centre prop bearing as I would assume it would have one?

just wanna see what others people have had checked or had done to solve it

its coming from the car yet passengers can't feel it but I can

Quite often these kind of things are related to the wheels / tyres.
Does the car have aftermarket larger wheels with low profile tyres. Quite common for the wheels to have flat spots, pointless balancing them as this won't fix that issue. Tyres can go out of shape and cause issues, The wifes car suffered from a Bridgestone tyre that went out of shape. Not sure why but you could see on the tread pattern that it wasn't wearing the same all the way around.
That showed up a vibration through the car that only I seemed to be able to feel.
If the car has aftermarket wheels also check it has spigot rings on the alloys.

that could very well by my issue as yes it has after market alloys. I'm getting (hopefully) some audi tt alloys with basically new tyres this week hopefully this may solve my issue

Had the same problem with my A4 quattro, had 2 new tyres on the back wheels rebalance and problem solved. No vibration now at any speed.

Was that new tyres on the same alloys, or the new TT wheels ? .

I've got this problem bloke at the garage was telling me it's the driveshaft is knackered