Facelift Vegas or Imola yellow?

John99

Reaction score
Bought an A3 s-line last week that has been used as a demo car.
Searched everywhere in the car for the paint code (under bonnet, all over boot etc) but with no luck.
I initially assumed this was vegas yellow. However, the dealer has given me the invoice from when the car was new (March 2017) that shows a price in excess of £2,000 for the 'exclusive paint'. As Vegas yellow is a £500 option, I'm wondering whether this is imola yellow rather than vegas?
Does anyone know where else I might find the paint code in the car, or where I can get the information as to the exact colour?
Photo below, for anyone who can distinguish between imola yellow and vegas yellow!
IMG_0070_zps6ltwxhps.jpg

@jassyo06 is the colour supremo on here.

My paint code is on the inside cover of my service schedule book.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and MattSedg
Thanks for the reply, Rob.
I didn't get a service schedule book. Dealer said everything is electronic now and gave me a copy of the electronic record.

Reactions: Rob2k68
This 8P is Imola and is on Ebay, have to say it does look VERY similar albeit this is in bright sunshine ....
IMG 3714

This is Vegas ....

IMG 3719

IMG 3720

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 is the colour supremo on here.

My paint code is on the inside cover of my service schedule book.

Colour Supremo.................ye think ....lol Yeah @Rob2k68 it is indeed Audi Exclusive lmola Yellow...its more of a lemon yellow than the out and out Banana Splits Vegas Yellow....lmola is nicer
Vegas Yellow S3 cab

A imola s3 cab 1

lmola Yellow S5
HighResImage 6
Lmola yellow A3
Imola Yellow A3
Imola S3 3 door
VEGAS YELLOW s3 3dr

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
35039b8a-2b2c-4141-81fb-6b1d2d0f03d3_zps80k3ly5j.png

fc28e7fa-e9da-49fb-a4f8-fc63e6ec5008_zpsnhxgfbvu.png

Thanks. A few more photos from when it was advertised. Looks a bit darker but do you still think it's imola @jassyo06?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
If you go in the boot, open the left side compartment and have a poke around in there- I found my paint code on a label in there (2014 A3). I bought mine used approved and also didn't get a service book for the same reason you were given.

Positive mate
Excellent. Whilst I like the colour whatever it is, being Imola yellow presumably makes it rarer than vegas, as imola is so much more expensive!

Reactions: boresque and Rob2k68
If you go in the boot, open the left side compartment and have a poke around in there- I found my paint code on a label in there (2014 A3). I bought mine used approved and also didn't get a service book for the same reason you were given.

Nothing. I've poked in every corner and removed every bit of trim I think is removable!

Or is it Toucan Yellow?

57-1-1050x700.jpg

Anyway, i'll get my coat.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
Lol.

When was the car made, as you said it was March 2017, but the car is a pre-facelift.

It does look more Imola to me too.

My understanding is that it spent 6-9 months as a showroom car, and was then registered on 31st March 2017.
What's the difference between this and the facelift model?

My understanding is that it spent 6-9 months as a showroom car, and was then registered on 31st March 2017.
What's the difference between this and the facelift model?

Facelift has different colour options (including Vegas yellow as a standard colour), different body kit and new light design, with Dynamic rear lights as standard, virtual cockpit option, matrix light options, and other options, different engine, and some engines have been modified.

If yours is the 184 Quattro, with 6 speed S-tronic, like mine, then the engine and S-tronic is exactly the same on FL and PFL, they have changed this for MY18 spec now, and it is 7 speed S-tronic.

It's a lovely looking car btw.

Facelift has different colour options (including Vegas yellow as a standard colour), different body kit and new light design, with Dynamic rear lights as standard, virtual cockpit option, matrix light options, and other options, different engine, and some engines have been modified.

If yours is the 184 Quattro, with 6 speed S-tronic, like mine, then the engine and S-tronic is exactly the same on FL and PFL, they have changed this for MY18 spec now, and it is 7 speed S-tronic.

It's a lovely looking car btw.

Thanks for the info. Yes, it's a 184 Quattro. I just saw the car and couldn't resist asking for a drive.
Usually, I'd research a new car to death before buying it. With this one, I made my mind up on the day I saw it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and TDI-line
Thanks for the info. Yes, it's a 184 Quattro. I just saw the car and couldn't resist asking for a drive.
Usually, I'd research a new car to death before buying it. With this one, I made my mind up on the day I saw it.

Lol, Nice one.

It's a cracking engine, coupled with the S-tronic. You can't go wrong. ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Hi
The wheels on my car are 18s. They are a £325 upgrade from the standard S-Line wheels but you dont see them very often.
Most yellow A3s are S3s. There are not very many yellow S-Lines.
So welcome to the Yellow S-Line club LOL:yes:

Hi
The wheels on my car are 18s. They are a £325 upgrade from the standard S-Line wheels but you dont see them very often.
Most yellow A3s are S3s. There are not very many yellow S-Lines.
So welcome to the Yellow S-Line club LOL:yes:

I've been looking out for S3s for the last couple of weeks after I had bought mine. Not seen any with those alloys on, and only one other yellow one.

Hi! Is imola yellow pearl, metallic or flat paint ? I see a lot of opinions on internet on which is the best yellow ever made but nothing about the type of this famous Audi paint. I also put in discution the atacama yellow for the ones who like a darker-brighter yellow than imola which looks a bit milkish in low light conditions.

Hi! Is imola yellow pearl, metallic or flat paint ? I see a lot of opinions on internet on which is the best yellow ever made but nothing about the type of this famous Audi paint. I also put in discution the atacama yellow for the ones who like a darker-brighter yellow than imola which looks a bit milkish in low light conditions.
Imola Yellow is a flat paint