VCDS Airbag warning light turn off?

moleskn1

Reaction score
Hey guys!,
Is there any way of turning my airbag warning light off that is on my dashboard?
It came on the other day and its just a sensor the garage said and are wanting stupid money to replace the sensor.

Its an Audi s3 Sportsback

Also does anyone have any good Vag Com tutorials for our cars on cool stuff to do or general tutorials, They are quite hard to find

What sensor? you know your Airbag system won`t deploy if there is an accident while in this state.

What sensor? you know your Airbag system won`t deploy if there is an accident while in this state.
Yeh I know but its really annoying and would just like the light turned off even if it is temporary

Reactions: Gooders
look at the VCDS map and ping a few members and grab some beer and use the cable. Find out what is wrong before allowing "experts" to drain your wallet. In addition, I highly recommend everyone purchase a cable as it is used frequently during the year for little gremlins and pays for itself quickly. We have a VCDS mode thread and so does vwvortex. VCDS does not turn off a warning light

Reactions: Sandra
Is this what you are after? :)
What sensor is causing the problem ?

1 Fault Found:
9443093 - Driver's Side Airbag Crash Sensor
B1017 15 [136] - Open or Short to Plus
MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 145
Mileage: 81414 km
Date: 2016.11.08
Time: 20:26:38

that sensor is located to the right of the radiator and the passenger is on the left. Switch them and see if the passenger side has the error. Its easy peasy to do so go for it. If the sensor is the problem then purchase one and replace yourself. I have a feeling it is ok and just needs to be wiggled a little

that sensor is located to the right of the radiator and the passenger is on the left. Switch them and see if the passenger side has the error. Its easy peasy to do so go for it. If the sensor is the problem then purchase one and replace yourself. I have a feeling it is ok and just needs to be wiggled a little

How on earth do you know that off the top of your head haha?
and okay I will try find it thanks! :)

how you fixed that? got the same error
As @tcardio says , a great investment the Vag cable is ,saves you a lot off pennies and you learn with it as there so many retrofits you can do yourself with the cable and the help off Roos-tech , youtube and not forgetting members from ASN .

OBD Eleven is a very capable and cheaper alternative.
I agree a cheaper alternative but does it have the full Ross-Tech support and does it give all the codes , module numbers and hardware numbers .
Very curious myself to see one off its full scans so could someone enlighten me with one via a PM

I'll go and scan mine and see what it provides.
No it won't have Ross-tech support as its not one of their products but that doesn't make it any less useful. They have a forum, and as most VCDS stuff works the same, you can usually fond the answer with the power of google.

I'll go and scan mine and see what it provides.
No it won't have Ross-tech support as its not one of their products but that doesn't make it any less useful. They have a forum, and as most VCDS stuff works the same, you can usually fond the answer with the power of google.
@Daveyonthemove do you think it would show me the things that the Auto folding module has within it mate . Plus can you find what a safe motor installed is as i have checked google, gooogle and gooogle plus a few Vcd's sites but no can find

@Daveyonthemove do you think it would show me the things that the Auto folding module has within it mate . Plus can you find what a safe motor installed is as i have checked google, gooogle and gooogle plus a few Vcd's sites but no can find
I'd like to be able to answer that, but I've never needed to look into it that deep so I don't know for sure.
It does have a lot of data available, but I use it for fault scanning/clearing, running test modules and logging live data.
Haven't needed to delve into coding etc, although it can do it.

I'd like to be able to answer that, but I've never needed to look into it that deep so I don't know for sure.
It does have a lot of data available, but I use it for fault scanning/clearing, running test modules and logging live data.
Haven't needed to delve into coding etc, although it can do it.
I am impressed as i said about the way it is laid out seems easier to understand or maybe it just me a thick punt

My crash sensor is 8j0959651 , is there any compatible model with this one? Can't seem to find one.