ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash

Where do you get your pump sprays from??
Another great product I've come across is fusso wax brilliant beading affect

@RS4B5 - I would recommend this one from Wilkinsons at £7.50
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-water-sprayer-5l/p/0338924

IMO you don't need to spend a fortune on a branded one
I've used the above pump sprayer for around 4 years without any probs
Anyone seen any offers on this, my 5 litres finished this week??
@BarryG79 - Cheapest place to get 5l of VPCPW at the mo is here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valetpro...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Just got 5l from here myself

Or 20p cheaper here lol
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Valetpro...h=item33fd177620:g:lAkAAOSwXyBcGPSl:rk:1:pf:0

Reactions: BarryG79, S32B and Keef
Another great product I've come across is fusso wax brilliant beading affect

This one as well https://www.screwfix.com/p/sx-cs5-white-black-pressure-sprayer-5ltr/7490x

TBH I've used the Citrus pre wash for a good few years, but once what I have has gone I'll not buy anymore! I find using Bilt & Hamber auto foam (£16.95 for 5 litres) in the same way works far far better and works out slightly cheaper as well. The recommended 4% PIR works out at 80ml of product then topped up to 2 litres of hot water.

Same goes for the VP bilberry for the wheels, I find even with 100% non diluted use I still have to wipe them off with a brush/cloth, so may as well just seal them and use whatever is left in the bucket after cleaning the car!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
An economist would say you should though factor in the cost of a pressure washer and electricity. When I use CPW there no such extra charges, just a cheap pump spray.

Yeah, as I pressed reply I realised what I was stating. However, being pedantic, in quoting costs everthing needs to be factored in to make an comparison in those costs. But yes, in the world of detailing costs come secondary to the outcome.
How many times did I say costs there? LOL...

Reactions: Jassyo06
An economist would say you should though factor in the cost of a pressure washer and electricity. When I use CPW there no such extra charges, just a cheap pump spray.
How do you remove it then, just by hand wash?

Hose as there is no need to blast away with a pressure washer, but as far as I understand it is better to apply foam with one. So, to be accurate the cost of the hose and water would be factored in as well ;-)
As I have stated, never felt the need to use a pressure washer and feel they can cause more issues than good if used incorrectly...

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B
Hi guys..
I've used the product and all I say it's not as effective as I expected. The car was moderately dirty, mixed the solution exactly 1:8, applied with 5L pump and left to dwell for approx 10 minutes. After pressure washing I guess it left about 50% of the dirt still on the car. It may be that this is the way it' s supposed to work but I was expecting it to soften the grime so that it would be easily washed off with the karcher.
Have I done something wrong? Was it a knock-off product? Got it from Amazon in 1 litre bottle as just wanting to test it first. So unless I've done it badly, I'm not overly impressed.

Dan

Hi guys..
I've used the product and all I say it's not as effective as I expected. The car was moderately dirty, mixed the solution exactly 1:8, applied with 5L pump and left to dwell for approx 10 minutes. After pressure washing I guess it left about 50% of the dirt still on the car. It may be that this is the way it' s supposed to work but I was expecting it to soften the grime so that it would be easily washed off with the karcher.
Have I done something wrong? Was it a knock-off product? Got it from Amazon in 1 litre bottle as just wanting to test it first. So unless I've done it badly, I'm not overly impressed.

Dan
With you on this, it's not any stronger than a good snow foam try Angelwax Cleanliness next time it's ****** awesome, l use this even to clean tiled floors in the bathroom and in the showroom

Reactions: S32B and DanZ
With you on this, it's not any stronger than a good snow foam try Angelwax Cleanliness next time it's ****** awesome, l use this even to clean tiled floors in the bathroom and in the showroom
Will do next time, thanks.
P.S. My computer went abit mad so noticed I've double posted. Can a admin delete one of them? Thanks.

Will do next time, thanks.
P.S. My computer went abit mad so noticed I've double posted. Can a admin delete one of them? Thanks.
Or Bilt & Hamber auto foam via a pump! Washed mine the other day this way and was happy with the results and it hadn't been washed since about November.

This is a good review that shows you both ways and the results! https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=400542

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Or Bilt & Hamber auto foam via a pump! Washed mine the other day this way and was happy with the results and it hadn't been washed since about November.

This is a good review that shows you both ways and the results! https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=400542

Bilt Hamber auto foam doesnt even get close to Angelwax Cleanliness...for cleaning power,again over rated mostly because its cheap and and is a ok snow foam

Hi guys..

Dan
Car wet or dry before you applied? One of the reasons I use the citrus is because it will not strip any sealents I have applied on a previous wash. I also can't understand why you've also used a power washer. I can almost get my cars almost up clean without forcing water at it and just with a hose...

Reactions: DanZ and Bristle Hound
Bilt Hamber auto foam doesnt even get close to Angelwax Cleanliness...for cleaning power,again over rated mostly because its cheap and and is a ok snow foam
I can't comment on the Angelwax but the B&H is certainly better than the citrus by a mile (used in the same way)! Cheap or not it does what I want it to do where the citrus failed, so why spend more? I only hand wash probably every 4th wash over the winter months, then apply the Aqua Coat and start again.

It's whatever suits you really, each to their own and I feel both foam and CPW each have their merits. There will always be some who disagree with us who feel CPW is a very good product, however to suggest CPW is more expensive are, I feel, incorrect, because foam does require more devices to use it. Plus foam is messy, but then that's probably why it's a boy's toy ;-)

It's whatever suits you really, each to their own and I feel both foam and CPW each have their merits. There will always be some who disagree with us who feel CPW is a very good product, however to suggest CPW is more expensive are, I feel, incorrect, because foam does require more devices to use it. Plus foam is messy, but then that's probably why it's a boy's toy ;-)

When you've almost run out of valet pro, go get some Angelwax cleanliness and use it in your pump sprayer, just give it a go you’ll not be disappointed

Reactions: Bristle Hound and cuke2u
I have just purchased another 5l of CPW so it'll be a while. But always willing to give this product a go.
Cheers....

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Car wet or dry before you applied? One of the reasons I use the citrus is because it will not strip any sealents I have applied on a previous wash. I also can't understand why you've also used a power washer. I can almost get my cars almost up clean without forcing water at it and just with a hose...
I've sprayed the product on the dry car. Not sure if ok or not?
Re pressure washer... I bought it for the foam lance and the fact that I use it around the house cleaning other stuff too. Boy's toy as someone said above :)

I prefer to wet the car first to loosen any dirt, I thought that's what is performed with any pre-wash...

Reactions: DanZ
When you've almost run out of valet pro, go get some Angelwax cleanliness and use it in your pump sprayer, just give it a go you’ll not be disappointed
I have just purchased another 5l of CPW so it'll be a while. But always willing to give this product a go.
Cheers....
@jassyo06 - I will but like @cuke2u I've just bought 5l of VP CPW so gonna have to wait
+ no one's willing to let me have a sample to have a go with
I've sprayed the product on the dry car. Not sure if ok or not?
Re pressure washer... I bought it for the foam lance and the fact that I use it around the house cleaning other stuff too. Boy's toy as someone said above :)
I prefer to wet the car first to loosen any dirt, I thought that's what is performed with any pre-wash...
@DanZ @cuke2u - Personally I've always found CPW performs better on a dry car as your not diluting it further
But like has been said, you gotta go with what works best for you

Reactions: NevMan, DanZ and cuke2u
Reading through this thread it's interesting how some products create their own traction whilst others don't. I searched for reviews of Angelwax cleanliness and there's not a lot out there for the UK and it's not because they are an unknown manufacturer either. Lots of their other products are well reviewed.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Reading through this thread it's interesting how some products create their own traction whilst others don't. I searched for reviews of Angelwax cleanliness and there's not a lot out there for the UK and it's not because they are an unknown manufacturer either. Lots of their other products are well reviewed.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That's becuase Valet Pro Citrus Pre -wash has been around for years.....it's old hat in my opinion.......and to use the excuse that you need to spray it on to a dry car is a lame excuse,detailing products move on and improve...............Angelwax products are a premium brand,l used Angelwax cleanliness today on my cars lower half, it was covered in road grit and it was "WET" left it to dwell for 10 mins............Bosh............blasted it with the pressure washer job done.
Some folks stick with detailing products that they are comfortable with, l don't l am always open to buying new ones and buy a lot of products......trial and error,l bought 5 litres of VPCPW last winter and it did'nt do it for me at all...............l aint against Valet Pro products at all,l use their Advanced Snow foam and their Leather soap which are very good indeed

That's becuase Valet Pro Citrus Pre -wash has been around for years.....it's old hat in my opinion.......and to use the excuse that you need to spray it on to a dry car is a lame excuse,detailing products move on and improve...............Angelwax products are a premium brand,l used Angelwax cleanliness today on my cars lower half, it was covered in road grit and it was "WET" left it to dwell for 10 mins............Bosh............blasted it with the pressure washer job done.
Some folks stick with detailing products that they are comfortable with, l don't l am always open to buying new ones and buy a lot of products......trial and error,l bought 5 litres of VPCPW last winter and it did'nt do it for me at all...............l aint against Valet Pro products at all,l use their Advanced Snow foam and their Leather soap which are very good indeed
Subjective ...
yawning.gif

lmao.gif

Reactions: NevMan
Hose as there is no need to blast away with a pressure washer, but as far as I understand it is better to apply foam with one. So, to be accurate the cost of the hose and water would be factored in as well ;-)
As I have stated, never felt the need to use a pressure washer and feel they can cause more issues than good if used incorrectly...

Talking about costs mate, your hose will probably use 10 times the amount a pressure washer would

Water is around 0.108p per litre, with a a pressure washer you have the cost of the device, and some don't seem to last very long it seems, plus the electricity then there is the foam applicator itself.
As I stated, to be accurate, all costs need to be factored in, it's not really a competition but a comparison...

Reactions: NevMan
Water is around 0.108p per litre, with a a pressure washer you have the cost of the device, and some don't seem to last very long it seems, plus the electricity then there is the foam applicator itself.
As I stated, to be accurate, all costs need to be factored in, it's not really a competition but a comparison...

Was only tongue in cheek mate. As you and many say, each to their own. I don’t think I could do without my P/W, not least for really clearing the wheel arches every wash. Have had my K5 for about 7 years...probably more tbh

Reactions: cuke2u and Jassyo06
No offence was taken :) , I actually do have a power washer in the shed, a K4 I think. Used it once and since then hadn't used it for a couple of years, got it out to wash the conservatory and now it is leaking from somewhere out of the casing. Just not willing to throw any more money at another, my partner would rather pay a man to do the conservatory now anyway...

I have never used this stuff before but looking into it. You say not to mix up too much product as it losses it effectiveness over time.

So how much do you roughly require to do a car. As I wouldn’t want to mix up too little and have to refill it halfway through?

I have never used this stuff before but looking into it. You say not to mix up too much product as it losses it effectiveness over time.

So how much do you roughly require to do a car. As I wouldn’t want to mix up too little and have to refill it halfway through?
@Henda - I use 3 litre mixed, however this was on a trial & error basis for me. Some people use more some use less

I use either Powermaxed TFR, BH Autofoam or KC Greenstar as a prewash. All at about 4% in a pump sprayer. I'd say of the 3, Greenstar just edges it. Not a lot, but as I have loads of each I'll continue with any of those and all work well. I use them on a dry car, I don't pressure wash off first - I know others do, but I think that way dilutes the product.

@Henda - I use 3 litre mixed, however this was on a trial & error basis for me. Some people use more some use less
Ordered 5L of the Citrus pre wash today along with your recommendation of the wilkos hand pressure washer. Looking forward to trying it out.

Reactions: cuke2u and Bristle Hound