USB/AUX retrofit?

stefanlogue

Reaction score
So I've just got my Pioneer AVH-7800BT, and obviously it's got USB and AUX inputs. What I'm wondering is, is it possible to get a USB or aux plug for the blank buttons above the headunit? I've seen aftermarket solutions for a VW Golf, but nothing for the A3, so will it be a DIY job? If anyone has done this before I'd love some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've just got my Pioneer AVH-7800BT, and obviously it's got USB and AUX inputs. What I'm wondering is, is it possible to get a USB or aux plug for the blank buttons above the headunit? I've seen aftermarket solutions for a VW Golf, but nothing for the A3, so will it be a DIY job? If anyone has done this before I'd love some pics!

Unfortunately I don't have any photos however I did do it on two of my previous a3's. I tried it on Some spare ones easy job but if you take your time it does come out neat. My aux also had rubber grommets around it which made the drilled hole ever better.

Can't say it looks oem if that's what your after. Hence make sure you get some spare ones so you can always put it back to how it was.

Not really bothered about looking oem, the AVH already sticks out like a sore thumb as it is. So it's just a DIY job then yeah?