URGENT HELP REQUIRED

cjmcgrath

Reaction score
hi all
this is my first time posting in this section. i just bought an 04 3.2 V6 3dr with 82k on the clock on monday it was running lumpy and had all the symtoms f needuing the update so it is now booked in to get that but when i bought the car the traction control light and engine management light was on so i got it for a bargain price.
looking into the traction control light issue i checked the fuse and realised it was blown so i replaced the fuse and within 10 seconds it blew it again. i did this during a coffee break this morning and now the car wont run!

she will fire and starts up but cuts ut after approx 5 secs, the engine management light is no longer showing so i plugged it into vcds and tried to read the codes but now it wont even connect to the ecu - it says unable to connect to the engine ecu, abs ecu and haldex so im at my wits end.
i have checked all fuses and they are fine but dont know where to go next any help would be greatly appricated

many thanks
Cam

Is the fuse the correct rating?

Does any other circuit share that fuse? There are some that are shared by things that are unrelated, iirc the rad fans share one with the anti shudder valves on the diesel, which have nothing to do with each other but when the fuse goes it gets difficult to diagnose. Obviously this one doesn't help you but may give you an idea of things to look for.

yup i checked all the fuses and they are all of and the right rating for each circuit in accordance with the owners manual.
i have noticed that the fans randomly spin for a quick second then switch off even altho the engine hasnt been driven for approx 12 hrs so is no where near temp.
proper head scratcher. starting to think that the ecu relay could be at fault as it doesnt want to connect or even show the EML but trying to find wiring diagrams or even which relay it is, is becoming a nightmare

ok so have been doing a bit more fault finding and managed t get a few more details from the diagonstics.

Saturday,05,April,2014,10:32:51:10074
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.4 (x64)

Address 01: Engine Labels: 022-906-032-BDB.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 022 906 032 CA HW: Bas isX 3
Component and/or Version: MOTRONIC ME7.1.1G 5629
Software Coding: 0000172
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435 000 00000
VCID: 4C936003565B
3 Faults Found:

18058 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from Instrument Cluster
P1650 - 008 - Implausible Signal
17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer
P1570 - 008 - Implausible Signal
16455 - Sensor for Ambient Air Temperature (G17): Implausible Signal
P0071 - 004 - No Signal/Communication

Readiness: 0110 1101

so i am now inclined to believe it is an immobliser fault, can anyone help me on this? i am now thinking a new set of dials is required but i want some confirmation before i splash out. also if i d need a new cluster then would a set of 2009 whiute dials fit my car and what sort of programming would be required for new dials?

cheers