Uprated springs/standard dampers

• Thread starter imported_mustwin1
  • Start date
I

imported_mustwin1

I know this is not an ideal way to lower a motor, and I'm also aware that the wear rate on the standard dampers will increase, but.....

Has anyone got any recommedations for uprated springs for a A3TQ, I hope to lower the car by 35mm, no more. I don't intend on keeping the car for much more than a year, 2 years max, so a complete suspension upgrade will be (more) money lost. Although I don't want to lose performance, I am not doing this to better performance (although would be happy if handling was bettered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif)

Cheers chaps

How many miles has your car done? Just need to know what state the dampers are in.

I would say Eibach are your best bet and lower the car 35mm.

I will let you know one day this week how I get on with these springs and the standard dampers as I am having it done to my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Top banana! If you can let me know Mark it will be much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

p.s what wheels are you running on?

[ QUOTE ]
Top banana! If you can let me know Mark it will be much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

p.s what wheels are you running on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Std 16" T Sport rims.

So what mileage has your car done? As mine is on 48K So the dampers should be fine for about 20K on these springs I am hoping.

Mines done about the same mate, 46k. i'm in the same boat as you, so I look forwards to hearing your evaluation!

Cheers Drill, I prefer a firmer ride to be honest, so I think I might just go for the Eibach's, unless someone has a better option.

[ QUOTE ]

I will let you know one day this week how I get on with these springs and the standard dampers as I am having it done to my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get them fitted Mark? What do you think of em?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get them fitted Mark? What do you think of em?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fingers crossed I'll get chance to fit them Friday after work where my mate works.

I have Eibach on my S3 and I think they are really good, not too harsh, but that may be due to my Bilstein shocks.

You can't go wrong with Eibach or H&R springs for Audis!

[ QUOTE ]
Markb, have you fitted them yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down chaps LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Yes I have just waiting for them to settle and I'll post pics and my opinions

Whoops! Fair play, the pictures didn't really tell me much due to the different angles the pictures were taken at. Are you pleased with the drop, did they actually drop 35mm, as I said, the pictures don't really tell the whole storey. Ta v much.