Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Rather surprised by that - you clearly didn't have the opportunity of giving the car the full beans. It will leave the S3 standing in every situation.
I agree, I’ve driven both the FL S3 and the FL RS3 and the RS3 kills the S3. I didn’t detect any of the heaviness reported by CJP80 either.

Rather surprised by that - you clearly didn't have the opportunity of giving the car the full beans. It will leave the S3 standing in every situation.

I did drive it pretty hard. My baseline isn't exactly a base S3, so the power:weight was probably the same - I had a 120kg passenger and therefore 200kg of extra mass to shift. I'll concede that there was more front end bite, but to be expected with a wider front track and tires.

I agree, I’ve driven both the FL S3 and the FL RS3 and the RS3 kills the S3. I didn’t detect any of the heaviness reported by CJP80 either.
Totally agree - I threw the thing around a roundabout at about 50mph on my test!

I did drive it pretty hard. My baseline isn't exactly a base S3, so the power:weight was probably the same - I had a 120kg passenger and therefore 200kg of extra mass to shift. I'll concede that there was more front end bite, but to be expected with a wider front track and tires.
Anyway, that is going to stir the pot a bit and will throw up a few comments to be sure!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Anyway, that is going to stir the pot a bit and will throw up a few comments to be sure!
lol! Not my intention, just my opinion. I bought the S3 as a stop gap to the RS3 S/B or Saloon. Now I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade, and the TTRS really is a different animal, dynamically.

Mind you, apples for apples, they make 500PS with some light modification, so that may assuage...

Totally agree - a bit of tune to sort out the rather suspect/ detuned flat HP/torque curve and a proper beast will be born!

Mind you, a rather insane comment (although probably true) to insinuate that Audi detune the thing to 395 bhp.......

Similar spec to mine (I went for Daytona, Black pack, SS Seats red, mag ride, Sports exhaust, Black rotors etc) and was wondering about the wheels and popped back into the dealer today who had one on show with the black rotors - pics attached.

Which dealership was this . .?

Been trying to get to see a Nardo Saloon in the flesh to see if it works for me.

That is why driverless cars are needed - everyone is going to fall asleep if you can't beat the 458 Italia off the lights...

Which dealership was this . .?

Been trying to get to see a Nardo Saloon in the flesh to see if it works for me.
Watford - they have just got it in - presumably flogged the Aria Blue in a month ago.

Took one more pic if it helps -

Attachments

• Nardo 3.jpg
    Nardo 3.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: DarrenA5
"Not worth the upgrade" :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Nope, not in my opinion, in the context of how it feels behind the wheel. 20k cost to change for essentially the engine, which is an additional 40kg beyond the front axle and an extra 80kg overall to lug around. Stock for stock, the performance delta is huge, accepted.

It's an emotional decision to buy any RS. The S is pipe and slippers and the RS is booze and women ...

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Radman, teslaboy, Johnoz and 3 others

It's because he's comparing a tuned S3 to a stock RS3. The fair comparison would be against a similarly tuned RS3. It was always going to be pretty much the same car as the S3 but with a different engine, some exterior changes and maybe some Haldex changes, so its no surprise the TTRS is better dynamically since its like comparing an A3 to a TT. The S3/Golf R are the best bang for the buck.

Reactions: RS-jay and D0C
Agree. I can speak from some experience that even a mildly tuned Golf R/S3 is a very fast car for the money.

Tuned cars just seem to release a massive hit of low end torque.

I am coming from a Stage 2 G7R and and from a power point of view - as the Golf feels pretty light - there didn't feel a massive amount in it but the way the 2.5L engine drives and feels was different, the power delivery feels stronger, it felt more solid (not in a heavy way though, more planted maybe) It was hard choosing what to have next and the RS3 was the obvious choice but a very expensive choice when you consider how much the R was and what you get for it. Mine was a couple of years old so this helped as I was in the mind set of swapping it - had it been younger (as it was when I looked at the PFL RS3 early 2016) I probably wouldn't have changed as I didn't back then.

The Golf is a cracking car, shame I feel it lost a little of its credit with the lease deals and people not really bothered what they had getting them.

I am coming from a Stage 2 G7R and and from a power point of view - as the Golf feels pretty light - there didn't feel a massive amount in it but the way the 2.5L engine drives and feels was different, the power delivery feels stronger, it felt more solid (not in a heavy way though, more planted maybe) It was hard choosing what to have next and the RS3 was the obvious choice but a very expensive choice when you consider how much the R was and what you get for it. Mine was a couple of years old so this helped as I was in the mind set of swapping it - had it been younger (as it was when I looked at the PFL RS3 early 2016) I probably wouldn't have changed as I didn't back then.

I get the more solid feel!

My S3 feels light and disconnected compared to the RS, I were very subdued getting back in the S3 a week after the RS... the difference became clear in about 30 seconds.

Reactions: neg
I was just confirming what you said.
That is annoying, as mine is on WK 46 they are going to see if they can apply the discount as i had ordered all those parts, which is nice os them. :yes:

Hopefully you can.

All my dealer has said is that they will see what the spec of the car is when it’s checked into the UK, but we know already it will consist of all 3 separate options. Even if I selected all three instead of the pack, Audi will still charge you for all 3 as they are separate items.

Unfortunately it's unlikely they will be able to apply the discount to your order. My car has the same build week as yours (only placed my order just over a week ago!) and my dealer told me I won’t be able to take advantage of the new ‘sports package’ offered from WK 45 as the order is now in lockdown. I assume it will be the same for you too.

Perhaps he wanted 10% discount

Bad news earlier today the new sport pack can not be applied to an order till WK45 as that is when it is available, BUT the good news as mine is build in week 46 they have given me the extra £545 off as i had ordered all three of those options.
Thanks to Tristan2 for the recommend to the dealer, so far that have been brilliant :rock:

Reactions: Tristan2
Bad news earlier today the new sport pack can not be applied to an order till WK45 as that is when it is available, BUT the good news as mine is build in week 46 they have given me the extra £545 off as i had ordered all three of those options.
Thanks to Tristan2 for the recommend to the dealer, so far that have been brilliant :rock:

Hm, I will be having words with Worcester if they have discounted yours already!!!

They have told me that I have to wait for spec.

Likewise - Watford have told me I have to wait until the brochure is released but did confirm that there is no problem amending the spec once it is.

I currently have a Rs3 Saloon in Mythos Black on order with the standard aluminium pack and the upgraded alloys. I currently have gloss black with the diamond cut, but wondering if I should have gone Matt titanium . Does anyone on here have one/ seen one with these wheels.?

I think the order will be locked soon so need to make a decision

Hm, I will be having words with Worcester if they have discounted yours already!!!

They have told me that I have to wait for spec.

Opps, Fight :box: i'm guessing its all to do with build dates i don't know. i just asked, i also asked that i would cancel that order and move it to next year.
I think the biggest problem here is that info that in the public now that should of not been.

Is yours comping from Worcester ?

Opps, Fight :box: i'm guessing its all to do with build dates i don't know. i just asked, i also asked that i would cancel that order and move it to next year.
I think the biggest problem here is that info that in the public now that should of not been.

Is yours comping from Worcester ?

Yep fight!!

Take the comfort pack for example, if you spec all items separately Audi will charge you for them all at the higher price and that’s your bad. Your car won’t appear with the package on it by default (I doubt), just like mine won’t because it’s before WK45. But Worcester basically told me that they would see if mine came with it, which we know it won’t. What’s p***** me off is they have discounted yours having no idea whether it will come with it or not!!

Seeing Vegas yellow in the flesh today has made me think if I’ve chosen the right colour going with Nardo, is it worth the extra £2400 for an exclusive paint colour, decisions decisions...

Seeing Vegas yellow in the flesh today has made me think if I’ve chosen the right colour going with Nardo, is it worth the extra £2400 for an exclusive paint colour, decisions decisions...

I wanted Yellow,:yellowrs4: but i was told not to be so sad by my family :sob:

Seriously though would make it a rare car.

Reactions: ANTS3
Yep fight!!

Take the comfort pack for example, if you spec all items separately Audi will charge you for them all at the higher price and that’s your bad. Your car won’t appear with the package on it by default (I doubt), just like mine won’t because it’s before WK45. But Worcester basically told me that they would see if mine came with it, which we know it won’t. What’s p***** me off is they have discounted yours having no idea whether it will come with it or not!!

:whistle2: just keep me out of it.

When I went to order mine there was an S1 on the forecourt in Vegas Yellow... definitely a nice colour and I think the gloss black pack would look awesome on it too

Reactions: ANTS3
Hmm...

Attachments

• 55AFE838-FD94-4BF2-8169-666FB61EF9C4.jpeg
    55AFE838-FD94-4BF2-8169-666FB61EF9C4.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 235
I guess they'll work it out, if i get a call tomorrow :scared2:

I won’t be calling tomorrow I doubt.. nights for two days now. Regardless, did they tell you to keep it quiet?

What they can do for one, they should be able to do for another. The only way the cars will turn up with these packs on is if they are spec amended to the pack. Your car will likely be built on WK45. The told me to wait and see if it came with it, yours should be no different so if they can do yours they can do mine. They also can’t now take it off of you.

I won’t be calling tomorrow I doubt.. nights for two days now. Regardless, did they tell you to keep it quiet?

What they can do for one, they should be able to do for another. The only way the cars will turn up with these packs on is if they are spec amended to the pack. Your car will likely be built on WK45. The told me to wait and see if it came with it, yours should be no different so if they can do yours they can do mine. They also can’t now take it off of you.

No, said nothing, but it is keeping the deal with the car for this year.

Reactions: AudiNutta
She is here, Absolutely love it, Having come from an S3 then S5 to this. The car is mind blowing, and all those complaining about the noise in lower gears, chuck it in sport and it sounds the nuts! I know that most don't like Nardo without the black pack, but I have to say I love it...
IMG 6233
IMG 6236
IMG 6237

Reactions: Jassi, keenu, dunes7 and 6 others