Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Thanks all for confirming my thoughts. I'll give it another go and if I get no joy, I'll try Audi UK.

It is, I re-specced my order yesterday no probs. Another case of a lazy salesman.

As you say, these don't get locked down until 2-3wks before build. With an October build date, telling a customer they can't change spec in July is taking the pis*

Totally, definitely need to get onto them.

Hi I think I'm going mad I cannot find the tpms option anywhere on the rs3 build app, can anyone help out?

Hi I think I'm going mad I cannot find the tpms option anywhere on the rs3 build app, can anyone help out?

You're not going mad, it's not on the main Configurator. You need to use the iOS Audi App to add it and then generate the code. You can then enter that code back into the main Configurator and the TPMS then shows in your spec.

Strange glitch.

Or spec it on the dealer car Configurator here to generate the code..

http://dcc-1.audi.de/controller;jse...tomcat01?event-new-conf=1&mandant=dcc-uk-audi

Reactions: bond1313

Watch out for Matrix LED headlights as well, that option was also missing from the config, in case you would like those as an option too.

Reactions: bond1313
You're not going mad, it's not on the main Configurator. You need to use the iOS Audi App to add it and then generate the code. You can then enter that code back into the main Configurator and the TPMS then shows in your spec.

Strange glitch.

Or spec it on the dealer car Configurator here to generate the code..

http://dcc-1.audi.de/controller;jse...tomcat01?event-new-conf=1&mandant=dcc-uk-audi

Thank you for that I thought I'd seen it somewhere must have been on the iOS app.

This one is supposed to be Nimbus Grey but looks like Daytona to me.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Djs3saloon
Well if you look at the comments, he says it is nimbus grey because it has a greenish/grey look.

Thank you but that is the standard configurator. I was looking for the Dealer configurator. I have found the french and italian ones but not the spanish...

No idea of the dealer ones; I think they are on a protected intranet.

Thank you but that is the standard configurator. I was looking for the Dealer configurator. I have found the french and italian ones but not the spanish...

It is buried somewhere in a thread, probably the larger ordering one. I had it open on my phone for months but closed it last week.

It's the German configurator I believe but yes we can definitely get to it. I will see if I can find it for you.

The difference between sports exhaust and standard exhaust (both with valves open)

Sport Exhaust:

Standard Exhaust:

Reactions: akeithj
Thanks all for confirming my thoughts. I'll give it another go and if I get no joy, I'll try Audi UK.

Just heard back from Audi UK. They said:
" you need to speak to your Audi Centre and ask for the telephone number of the Audi Exclusive team, who deal with similar requests and should be able to look into it for you"

Huh?

Just heard back from Audi UK. They said:
" you need to speak to your Audi Centre and ask for the telephone number of the Audi Exclusive team, who deal with similar requests and should be able to look into it for you"

Huh?

Ask to speak to the sales manager at the dealership you are using, tell him/her that you feel like cancelling your order as you are being messed around and it's beginning to leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Hopefully that will gee them into some action and either comply with your request or give your clear answers as to why they cannot amend the order.

Ask to speak to the sales manager at the dealership you are using, tell him/her that you feel like cancelling your order as you are being messed around and it's beginning to leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Hopefully that will gee them into some action and either comply with your request or give your clear answers as to why they cannot amend the order.

Deffo the above you are spending a lot of money and they are mucking you about .

Well, I've spoken to the Exclusive team and the specification is locked. There is nothing that can be done.
The dealer has also tried with the same result.
The dealer was also very surprised that some of the others with Exclusive colours have been able to make changes.
Oh well.

Ordered new facelift Saloon Ara blue...coming March 2018 which is fine with me...got 4% off and okish price on the 8v £31k with 40k miles on it...hardly any negative so all good

Ordered new facelift Saloon Ara blue...coming March 2018 which is fine with me...got 4% off and okish price on the 8v £31k with 40k miles on it...hardly any negative so all good
March 2018? Why so long wait?

Well, I've spoken to the Exclusive team and the specification is locked. There is nothing that can be done.
The dealer was also very surprised that some of the others with Exclusive colours have been able to make changes.
Oh well.

So, more info.
It seems that exterior and interior elements are locked early if you go for anything exclusive (interior or exterior) but you are OK to change technical components.
This is due to "different factory routings" for exclusive cars......

I work in engineering for a large German consumer goods and technology manufacturer and I have never heard anything so daft. All of our factories are set up to be agile and respond to customer demands with less than two weeks notice.

The dealer has offered to retrofit or use their trimmers. Not sure how I feel about that.

Reactions: neg
Ordered; no confirmed delivery but should be by end of november. No ceramic brakes and no reversible boot mat.

RS 3 Sportback
Daytona Grey, pearl effect
Gloss Black Styling Pack
Door mirror housing - Gloss black
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
5 Blade antracite 255/30 R19 - 225/30 R19 (I find rotors too old design)
TPMS
Matrix Led
RS Design pack
Front Super Sport seats with Fine Nappa leather Seats: Black with Crescendo red stitching, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headlining: Black
Heated front seats
Door mirrors (folding with auto-dimming function)
Split folding rear seat bench 40:20:40
Ski Bag
Carbon Inlays
Bang and Olufsen
Hill-hold
Rear-view Camera
Advanced Key
Audi Phone box with wireless charging
Rear USB sockets
Driver Assistance pack
Audi Active Lane Assist and Audi Side Assist including Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist
Audi Pre-sense Basic
Brake calipers painted in red with RS logo at the front
RS Sport exhaust system
RS Sport suspension with Audi Magnetic ride
Audi Warranty covering you for up to 5 years or 90,000 miles

Reactions: RS-jay, Evotion, Rs1 and 1 other person
The dealer has offered to retrofit or use their trimmers. Not sure how I feel about that.

That sounds reasonable for either option they have offered. If they retrofit nobody else need know they were not factory fitted and if they have an outside trimmer do it, this opens up the possibilty to customize the job a little to suit your taste/wishes - but make sure the dealership will still pick up the costs. It is not unusual if the trimmer is good to see an even better job than factory finishes.

Ordered; no confirmed delivery but should be by end of november. No ceramic brakes and no reversible boot mat.

RS 3 Sportback
Gloss Black Styling Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
TPMS
Matrix Led
RS Design pack
Front Super Sport seats with Fine Nappa leather Seats: Black with Crescendo red stitching, Dashboard: Black, Carpet: Black, Headlining: Black
Heated front seats
Ski Bag
Carbon Inlays
Bang and Olufsen
Hill-hold
Rear-view Camera
Advanced Key
Rear USB sockets
Driver Assistance pack
Audi Active Lane Assist and Audi Side Assist including Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist
Audi Pre-sense Basic
RS Sport exhaust system

Hell - With that little lot, they should've chucked in the other two options gracias!! :)

Reactions: AudiNutta and Terminator x
Oh well.

Very odd, my changes were made easily :/

So, more info.
It seems that exterior and interior elements are locked early if you go for anything exclusive (interior or exterior) but you are OK to change technical components.
This is due to "different factory routings" for exclusive cars......

I work in engineering for a large German consumer goods and technology manufacturer and I have never heard anything so daft. All of our factories are set up to be agile and respond to customer demands with less than two weeks notice.

Hm interesting, still should be able to change as it is months away yet and they will also be months off of planning your parts to be on the shelf. I added TPMS, so I guess that comes under technical.

Is this a retrofit for the extended leather? That is possible, they are only pop on trims! By the way I'm
jealous of your dealer, they sound enthusiastic... if only

Sportback

RS 3 Sportback
Gloss Black Styling Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
TPMS
Matrix Led
RS Design pack
Heated front seats
Ski Bag
Carbon Inlays
Bang and Olufsen
Hill-hold
Rear-view Camera
Advanced Key
Rear USB sockets
Driver Assistance pack
Audi Pre-sense Basic
RS Sport exhaust system

Sportback wheels...
I tried selecting the Blade wheels for my ordered Sportback but the salesman said their not available on sportback only on saloon.
Anyone been able to select Blades on the Sportback???

Sportback

Sportback wheels...
I tried selecting the Blade wheels for my ordered Sportback but the salesman said their not available on sportback only on saloon.

Some customers outside of the UK can opt for them.

Hell - With that little lot, they should've chucked in the other two options gracias!! :)

Ceramic Brakes are tooooooo expensive, and I was also worried by posible noise at low Speed inside city.
The reversible boot mat, I never saw it and have no idea if will be too chunky

Sportback

Sportback wheels...

It depends of the country, here we can select rotors or blades in sportback.

Why did you swop @Rs1 ?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Don't really like keeping cars past 50k due to miles I do...had a look at others Porsche and Mercedes they weren't for me great cars but have kept with the RS...I know people have had problems but mines been great..any probs I did have fixed no hassle.

March 2018? Why so long wait?
About the time I wanted to change also raise bigger deposit ..think new plate then as well build date was around Jan so might as well wait for new plate in March I'm in no rush....dealer was very obliging.

RS 3 Sportback
Gloss Black Styling Pack
Panoramic glass sunroof
Privacy glass
TPMS
Matrix Led
RS Design pack
Heated front seats
Ski Bag
Carbon Inlays
Bang and Olufsen
Hill-hold
Rear-view Camera
Advanced Key
Rear USB sockets
Driver Assistance pack
Audi Pre-sense Basic
RS Sport exhaust system
Wow that's a great spec...I've been skimpy with mine...Ara Blue..Sports Exhaust...Folding mirrors and privacy glass.
Kept it simple and easier on pockets.

Wow that's a great spec...I've been skimpy with mine...Ara Blue..Sports Exhaust...Folding mirrors and privacy glass.
Kept it simple and easier on pockets.

Can I suggest the alu pack with the ara blue? I think it looks great! but if not picked maybe you can vinyl it after with similar results.

I have also been thinking in 1) no options, 2) all options :) finally have pick option 2.

Reactions: Djs3saloon and AudiNutta
In australia here, this is the package which we can select blade wheels, and it's 255/30 fronts and 235/35 rear..
ZrBeYoy.jpg

If you ever wanted to see how a Nardo Grey Golf R facelift with Akrapovic exhaust looks and sounds like:

Sounds much better than with the stock exhaust.