tyre suggestions

zyn-a3

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase these alloys: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4xNew-18-...del:A3&hash=item1a1251dde2:g:4OAAAOSwA4dWJ6eF

They are:
18"
8J
ET42
PCD 5X112

I'm a newbie when it comes to tyres, I'm looking to get new tyres, but have no idea which ones would fit best with these alloys.

I have a 1.9 tdi e se 2009 Sportback A3.

I'm not looking to spend more than £50/tyre for the tyres, any suggestions on which tyres would be best and which size would fit best, and not cause any sort of rubbing of any sort, the car it self hasn't been lowered etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

225/40/18, are the standard tyres for an A3/S3 but they will give a slightly stretched look. You could alternately fit 235/40/18. £50 won't buy you much in the Audi tyre world.

225/40/18, are the standard tyres for an A3/S3 but they will give a slightly stretched look. You could alternately fit 235/40/18. £50 won't buy you much in the Audi tyre world.
Thanks for the quick reply, which tyres would you recommend, I can folk out around £250 for a set of 4, I'm not looking for any performance or racing tyres, just something that will do a decent job.

Yep 225/40/18 £50 will keep you in the real budget end, I run Avon ZZ5 and they are a very underrated tyre and overlooked for higher end tyres, they are fitted to Aston Martins Bentleys and RR, you can get them fitted and balanced for £75 a corner. Quiet and good in the wet, great on mileage, I had 20k on my fronts and only just replaced recently. Admittedly I dont drive like a hooligan all the time, but my car is stage 1 tuned and I do get on with it occasionally.

Yep 225/40/18 £50 will keep you in the real budget end, I run Avon ZZ5 and they are a very underrated tyre and overlooked for higher end tyres, they are fitted to Aston Martins Bentleys and RR, you can get them fitted and balanced for £75 a corner. Quiet and good in the wet, great on mileage, I had 20k on my fronts and only just replaced recently. Admittedly I dont drive like a hooligan all the time, but my car is stage 1 tuned and I do get on with it occasionally.
do you think I should go with 225/40/18 or 235/40/18

225, 235 will be more expensive and with ET42 you will run the risk of rubbing. will be like putting on 22mm spacers.

Hankook V12 EVO 2 are cheap but good tyres. I got mine for £62 each, and £20 for the 4 fitted, so £268 fitted. Very good in the dry and wet, which you don't get if you got for proper budget tyres. They don't have much rim protection though, so on an 8J rim you might not get much, but the good thing is less chance of rubbing.