Twin-Grille to Single Grille S-Line - Complete

nik_patel,

To do a single piece grill conversion on an 03/04 A3 I believe you will need the following;

- 2005+ bonnet
- 2005+ bumper (2006+ for s line)
- grill of choice
- fog lights (for s line - Im not sure if 03/04 fogs and grills will fit 2005+ non s line bumper)
- fog light grills (for s line - as above)
- fog light plugs (for s line - as above)
- fog light wire repair kit (for s line - as above)
- possibly a side reinforcement bar (not 100% sure whether this is needed as there seems to be conflicting views on this - my car is going in next week so will let you know how I get on)

ebay is a good source for some of the bits.

regards

Last edited:
this is a brilliant help. i also want to do the conversion and im gonna start looking for bits now and buying them bit by bit. so if anyones selling anything that could be of use to me, let me know please. will be much appreciated. also, any decent website where i could get bits would also be a great help.

Hellz your car looks amazing!!! i also have that colour, the black grill really suits it.

sam1014,

I have got a 2006 s line front bumper, its just the bumper thought i.e. no grill, fogs or fog grilles etc. Its finished in black and is in pretty good condition other than a few srcatches and one minor scrape, but it will need a respray. I bought the bumper off ebay but then ended up getting a complete one at a bargain price so I dont need the black one now. I will sell the bumper to you for what I paid for it which was £85 + £17.50 postage, so £102.50 in total. I have attached a pick of the bumper below. Let me know if your interested. The ebay item number was 120584359163 and web link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&_trksid=m570&_nkw=120584359163&_fvi=1&_rdc=1 if you want to check it out.

!Bv0gKfw!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!i0Ev1+0F0GUBMGKop3Re!~~_12.JPG

cheers

Well done Hellz. Your car needs 19" wheels and you' be happy man:)

Cars looking good, optic grill goes well with the colour of your car. Like the little black theme going on :icon_thumright:

Sorry for the delay.
Thankyou cm777 for the offer, but i have actually managed to get my hands on a 2006 bumper off a friend of a friend and has cost me zilch, so i'm happy with that. Its not sline, but cant really complain if i've got it for nothing. Just need to get it resprayed. Might try and get some kind of valence to make it look better aswell, but can get that at a later date.
Dont suppose anyone has got a bonnet for sale??? Need to get a black grill aswell, which i'm going to have a look on that German site.