TT

C

Cornish John

I'm thinking of selling my 2014 Audi A3 2.0TDI 150bhp sport model for a TT.
Properly 2010-2013 sort of year, was thinking of the 168bhp diesel.

Any tips?

Thanks,

John.

Image1

The new toy!

Reactions: Retroman and 45bvtc
Wow she looks tidy!
What are your plans for her.
Cheers rich :)

Yep, she's in great condition.
Has a very minor scratch (I'm picky) on the bonnet, so its being sprayed.
Stage 1 remap.
Audi Navigation Plus system ordered.

Thats it for now, love the way it drives.

Sounds nice.
Why don't you go straight to stage 2 remap?
I've heard that a lot of people who get stage1 end up going to stage2 Fairly quickly.
So instead of paying twice, go straight to 2.
Let me show you my baby.
She's a 2002 quattro 225 Merlin purple.
Cheers rich
IMG 20181116 021414 153

Very nice color Richard, maybe some spacers on the rear to bring the wheels out a little. Are those some kind of light on the rear bumper ?.

Hi Colin
Sorry for the wait in replying.
I think the lights you see are highlights from the car park!
Spacers would be nice but I'll get some when I get bigger alloys.
What size alloys have you got?
Cheers.
Rich :)

Sounds nice.
Why don't you go straight to stage 2 remap?
I've heard that a lot of people who get stage1 end up going to stage2 Fairly quickly.
So instead of paying twice, go straight to 2.
Let me show you my baby.
She's a 2002 quattro 225 Merlin purple.
Cheers richView attachment 174573

The reason I bought the TT having owned 3 X A3s and 2 X A4s, I wanted to try one!
At the age of 50, my boy racer days are over, so stage 1 is fine for me, little more power and fuel economy!!

Last few days its had;
1) New cam belt and water pump.
2) New thermostat
3) Full Service.
4) Two front tyres.
5) Audi Nav System ordered.
6) Bonnet respray booked.

Think thats enough for now!!

John.

Well, I'm glad you're sorting out the essentials first of all, it sounds like you'll have a very reliable package. Much more important than doing mods. 225 bhp isn't bad for starters!
What are you going to do with your sound system? I was thinking about a 7" flip screen Bluetooth and GPS single din radio. I've actually bought one but I'm a little apprehensive as I like the original look.
I'm 50 too, I guess I don't act like it! '68 is a good vintage though. Lol
Take it easy...

Well, I'm glad you're sorting out the essentials first of all, it sounds like you'll have a very reliable package. Much more important than doing mods. 225 bhp isn't bad for starters!
What are you going to do with your sound system? I was thinking about a 7" flip screen Bluetooth and GPS single din radio. I've actually bought one but I'm a little apprehensive as I like the original look.
I'm 50 too, I guess I don't act like it! '68 is a good vintage though. Lol
Take it easy...

Yes, 68 was a cracking year lol.
Tt

Like you, I like the original look, so have ordered the radio that I have up loaded.
I like this radio, had the same in a 2010 plate A3 a few years ago.
Nav works well on it, you can pop two SD cards in it, full of music, plus has a AUX attachment.
I think it will suit my needs again.

New car mats and centre brake light arrived today.

John.

Thought about a similar move myself now that my tribe of kids have flown the nest and I've given my cherished and renovated BMW Z3 to my son. The TT is a sort of "more restrained" sports car. The 168BHP diesel TT had good reviews when it came out around 2009.

Reactions: Cornish John
Thought about a similar move myself now that my tribe of kids have flown the nest and I've given my cherished and renovated BMW Z3 to my son. The TT is a sort of "more restrained" sports car. The 168BHP diesel TT had good reviews when it came out around 2009.

If you remember, I sold my 2010 A3 last year and bought a 2014 A3.
The 2014 A3 had the 150bhp (148bhp) which I had mapped and was fine, but found the car a bit boring!

I still missed the 2010 A3 with the 170bhp (168bhp) engine which I had mapped at the time.
Now, because that engine, on that car did me proud, 280K miles when I gave it to my son, I had no problems with it.
He has added to that, now 310K miles!

Its what made my mind up with engine choice with the new TT.
Love the car, great engine.
Bit of fun for this old man!!