Trip computer stuck on Tip 2 display

S19_LUN

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2006 Audi A3 8p 2.0TDi DSG S line.

The car comes with the driver information and DIS stalk. All the functions work, MPG, miles to empty etc. But I can't get it off trip 2. I press the reset button under the stalk and either resets the total MPG or takes me into a menu function.

How do I switch between trip 1 and 2? Looking back at past invoices has had a replacement display at some point.

Cheers Simon

Worse case scenario the new display replacement hasn't been ftted correctly.
Might be worth taken it back to buyer explaining problem especially if still under any kind off warranty and get them to fix it.
Hopefully its not that and someone will come aling soon with more info off fix

Thanks.

Everything else works fine. Just can't get off Trip 2. I'll try to upload pics/video if I can.

Thanks.

Everything else works fine. Just can't get off Trip 2. I'll try to upload pics/video if I can.
I fully understand your problem but it might not have been coded correctly when replaced ,

Cheers. I'll take a look at invoice and see if any clues.

No warranty as just a second hand purchase.

The windscreen wiper stalk has the DIS controls. The button on the end should reset functions within the DIS and the button under the far left wiper graphic should reset the functions. That's how it works on mine and hope that helps with yours, if you have the owners manual, or on line copy its on page 51 .

The end of the stalk works find and runs through all info.

Just can't get of Trip 2. When I press and hold reset button under stalk resets. Click it once, which I believe should switch between Trips, gives me a menu window on the display.

Si

Just had another look at mine to see how it goes from 2 to 1, pushing the end button downwards goes onto the 1s after scrolling through the the 2s.
Does changing the computer from 1 to 2 using the set button and scrolling down the menu help at all? Mine is set on computer 2.

Might not be coded correctly whdn replaced as you mentioned in earlier post .

Have a similar issue, only that on my DIS all I get is miles to empty and no MPG etc. Would love to know how you got around to fixing this.