Traction Control Light

edition

Reaction score
Hi,

Just come back from work and whilte sat at some lights the traction control light came on. I tried to turn it off on then button but it wouldnt go. Also when i now turn the car on it stays on......

Any ideas???

Check the brake lights - if both bulbs have blown this can happen.

After that check the fault codes with VAG-COM.

Hi,

No just been pout to look and the brake lights are all ok. Off to Audi then i guess if there are no ther ideas!

Cheers

This happened to me once, after the 4th wheel bearing (I think) the dealer had somehow screwed up a sensor in the front wheel, causing the TC light to stay on

I was a little suprised that the delivery driver didn't think this was odd when he returned the car to me though

The delivery driver isn't paid to think or worry about anything being odd, simply to deliver the car. 'Not my problem mate'

Did you hold it in? stupid question but this sometimes works to get it off

yes tried to hold it down and it doesnt go off :(

Did try to get some wheelpin to see if it working but tended to just go forward real fast!!!! Couldnt tell wether it was working or not.

Twizzler said:
The delivery driver isn't paid to think or worry about anything being odd, simply to deliver the car. 'Not my problem mate'

Yeah - same attitude Audi seem to take towards customer service, "aint my problem mate" - so heartwarmingly superb, I'm truly converted to their brand attributes

After his ability to collect the wrong car from our office the day before, he had the pleasure of taking it straight back to the dealer again. Shame it wasn't shoved up his ****

Had the same problem with the sensor myself. If you start the engine with the steering wheel straight, turn the wheel full lock to the left and hold for a sec, do the same to the right and then centre the wheel that should reset it!:icon_thumright:

J

edition said:
:wacko: Nope didnt sort it :( :(

Any other ideas???

Sorry forgot to add I'm sure manual :readit: tells you to drive a few meters after that has been done.

Sorry if it don't work. :bye:

J

I had this on a old car , it was something to do with a brake sensor, just take it in mate!

p