1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facelift Tracking RS3 with Pirellis?

Daniel Knight Nov 27, 2018

1. Daniel Knight

Daniel Knight Member

Not sure if this has been asked before but, I'm tracking my car in December and am wanted to know if anyone has done it with the RO2 Pirelli's? I'm thinking of buying a set of Michelin's but don't know whether it's worth it, if the Pirelli's hold up well I'll just stick with them. Any advice appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

Don’t do it. I changed to Michelin’s and now after a month I’m buying more Pirelli’s after it just totally not working with the car.

AudiNutta and q5man like this.
  4. Daniel Knight

Daniel Knight Member

Ah man really? I’m worried the Pirelli’s will be too soft for the track :/

5. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL Audi S3 Audi RS3

Wouldn't you want soft for the track.

Probably need another set of R02s afterwards though !

q5man likes this.
  6. Spaceman_RS3

Spaceman_RS3 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team Panther Audi S4 Audi RS3 Audi Avant Owner Group

We used to pump the tyres up a touch to save the outside edges on track might be worth a go

7. Slipperjake

Slipperjake New Member

Done a track day at castle Coombe in October I wouldn’t recommend the stock Pirelli tyres 235 all round.

over heating very quickly with in 4 laps at 39psi hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Dodgygtr

Dodgygtr Active Member

Try some Michelin cup2’s for track, I have these on my GTR and would of put them on my RS3 if I didn’t want a all year round tyre.
    Michelin 4s for me 245 all round on 8.5 wheels.

9. Holger

Holger Member

Sorry, I cannot follow. Which Michelin did you install on the RS3? P Zero is already **** on the street and it will be a catastrophe on the track. I drive Cup 2 (track use) and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S (street use) on my GT4 and both are excellent, in particular the 4S for regular street use. Huge amount of grip, almost semi slick level. First thing I'll do is get rid of the P Zero and buy the 4S instead.

10. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

This appears to be why @billymc92 isn’t a fan of the 4s’s:

[​IMG]

billymc92 likes this.
  11. Holger

Holger Member

Yeah, but I have my driving experience too and I don‘t like the P Zero at all. Compared to the 4S the grip level is truly bad and there is no way to use the Pirelli on the track, unless you are a fan of understeer. ;)

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

Very true, all opinions at the end of the day, that is why there is choice