Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you were typing at the same time as me lol.
My 8V is registered 2nd jan 18 makes all the difference now.

Yeah I thought it might so I’ll be insisting it’s a January registration then ... unless they want to incentivise me with a chunk of money off the price of course.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Yeah I thought it might so I’ll be insisting it’s a January registration then ... unless they want to incentivise me with a chunk of money off the price of course.
Its funny, when I ordered my 8v all that time ago, it a amended on the line order to what I wanted, that was in the middle of September and the delivery date was in December sometime I always said I wanted a Jan reg date for the reasons said above, anyhow car turned up mid November so I was asked asked if I wanted it early! I still said no I will wait, waited this long another month won't hurt. There was no more discount, and they did try telling me how a December 17 car will make no difference in value to a January 18! yea right I thought, till you come to sell it then it will.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Graphic alloys on a black car ...

E730DB5E 3466 4705 9025 A5CC54979182

Reactions: Jassyo06, FBF01 and kayemill
I would be interested to know the durability of these graphic alloys...

I'd imagine the graphic print is under a layer of lacquer so probably just as good as any other alloys. My S3 has a little Audi Sport decals on the alloys under the lacquer and they still look great.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Mike.46, RS03??? and 1 other person
I'd imagine the graphic print is under a layer of lacquer so probably just as good as any other alloys. My S3 has a little Audi Sport decals on the alloys under the lacquer and they still look great.
Ah yeah that's a good point, I've got those small Audi decals on my current car.

yes I thought the same.

do you think a Dec 21 registered car could be worth less than a Jan 22 registration a few years down the line ?

I just wonder if the year change could trigger a better residual ie 2022 car vs 2021 or will it just be a regular month drop do you think ?
Hard to say really, it's a 71 plate MY22 car either way. I've asked my father in law for his industry experience. I suspect he'd say if there was any wait worth waiting for it would be March 1st for the 72 plate.

I'll be asking for an incentive to register pre Dec 31st if I get the option, there's a lot in it for the dealerships in terms of manufacturer bonuses so I'll want a cut of it. Increased p/x value is probably the easiest area to cover this.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally

For once I’m actually looking forward to kerbing all four wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: M7, Detail Devil, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Hard to say really, it's a 71 plate MY22 car either way. I've asked my father in law for his industry experience. I suspect he'd say if there was any wait worth waiting for it would be March 1st for the 72 plate.

I'll be asking for an incentive to register pre Dec 31st if I get the option, there's a lot in it for the dealerships in terms of manufacturer bonuses so I'll want a cut of it. Increased p/x value is probably the easiest area to cover this.

very sensible & I will follow the same tact.

Reactions: RSt3ve
Honestly it won't make any difference if it is December or January.

If anything having an older car right now is better as it is pre-OPF.

I know we are talking new cars but based on the demand issues I really think it is unlikely Audi will EVER meet demand; and I fully expect that they will
stop production next year for new orders.

The only way the date of the 8Y RS3 will hurt is if they update it with the design pack! Which is the only positive side of my car being built next October! they might have added the design pack by then! LOL

EDIT: Also it occurs to me the LE cars might well be very valuable as they have features that even the VS doesn't get - the red callipers, the Audi Connect key etc...

Last edited:

I know we are talking new cars but based on the demand issues I really think it is unlikely Audi will EVER meet demand; and I fully expect that they will

The only way the date of the 8Y RS3 will hurt is if they update it with the design pack! Which is the only positive side of my car being built next October! they might have added the design pack by then! LOL

EDIT: Also it occurs to me the LE cars might well be very valuable as they have features that even the VS doesn't get - the red callipers, the Audi Connect key etc...
Vorsprung don’t have Audi connect key? I also got a key card with mine which allows the car to start and unlock the car. Is this what the connect key is or you taking about being to lock/unlock via the app?

Vorsprung don’t have Audi connect key? I also got a key card with mine which allows the car to start and unlock the car. Is this what the connect key is or you taking about being to lock/unlock via the app?
Yes; I am pretty sure you can physically use your phone as a key too but unable to test this without the car. The Vorsprung does not have it; it is another option like the wireless charging and phonebox and red callipers you can't get in the UK.

Im home from New York in 2 days so going to test this out lol got the key card and just put it away since delivery hahaha

Missing the little green machine :laughing:

Im home from New York in 2 days so going to test this out lol got the key card and just put it away since delivery hahaha

Missing the little green machine :laughing:
I’ll make sure the green goddess is back by then:grimacing:
Seriously though, hope you had a good time but get the car out and get a proper review done.

Yes; I am pretty sure you can physically use your phone as a key too but unable to test this without the car. The Vorsprung does not have it; it is another option like the wireless charging and phonebox and red callipers you can't get in the UK.
You can use your phone to lock/unlock but it takes ages.

Are you mixing this up with advanced key which is keyless entry, wave your foot under the bumper to open boot etc.

You can use your phone to lock/unlock but it takes ages.

Are you mixing this up with advanced key which is keyless entry, wave your foot under the bumper to open boot etc.
No; the latest cars have the function to use your phone AS the key; your phone becomes the car key. Your not using the app; or the key card or even keyless.

I am not sure that the RS3 has this which is why someone with the car needs to try setting it up. Essentially the audi app should allow you to add the key to the phone wallet on iphone and android. You can then share this key using sharing to other people.

This may not work on the RS3; but it is now standard on all new BMW models.

Last edited:
Audi Connect is listed as an option on my Vorsprung Brochure…

24d0ec3b8638e2d8539ba56f5f4c2354.jpg

I was under the impression that the only (functional) advantage the LE had was the wireless charging which is cheap and easy to retrofit but the Vorsprung has electric memory seats which is more expensive to retrofit. Therefore Vorsprung > LE.

Last edited:

Are you sure on that one!

Are you sure on that one!
Dealer talk when selling to you ''No Sir it wont make any difference waiting until January''
Dealer talk when buying your px ''Thats unfortunate you didnt wait until the New Year Sir''

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Audi Connect is listed as an option on my Vorsprung Brochure…

24d0ec3b8638e2d8539ba56f5f4c2354.jpg

I was under the impression that the only (functional) advantage the LE had was the wireless charging which is cheap and easy to retrofit but the Vorsprung has electric memory seats which is more expensive to retrofit. Therefore Vorsprung > LE.
It doesn't show this on the dealer configurator but I do see it on the printed out PDF... I guess we will just have to see when actual deliveries start of customer cars!

Just finished my test drive, ****** loved it!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
e1a8f8eff78f24c3603d063a3b30629d.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Waq1 and 10 others
what are your thoughts vs the 8v mate ?

what did you like the most ?
Way nicer / better than the 8V although I did have the PFL so the old engine vs this new one. Looks amazing and sounds amazing even though not as "asbo" as my 8V. No point in rev'ing them anymore from zero revs but on the move a very nice noise. Interior very modern, yes a bit plasticky but not an issue for me as the tech improvements make up for that. Easy to get up to silly speeds whatever the weather so we will all have to go careful!

TX.

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally, Mike.46 and 2 others
Way nicer / better than the 8V although I did have the PFL so the old engine vs this new one. Looks amazing and sounds amazing even though not as "asbo" as my 8V. No point in rev'ing them anymore from zero revs but on the move a very nice noise. Interior very modern, yes a bit plasticky but not an issue for me as the tech improvements make up for that. Easy to get up to silly speeds whatever the weather so we will all have to go careful!

TX.

yeah that car can help lost your driving license :D

TX.

i like the sound of that :icon thumright:

TX.

did you feel front its so wide ? or its just me as never before drive any rs3 car

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_1118048.jpg
    IMG_20211220_1118048.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20211220_1118346.jpg
    IMG_20211220_1118346.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20211220_1118471.jpg
    IMG_20211220_1118471.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20211220_1119016.jpg
    IMG_20211220_1119016.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
good new is rs3 has already loom for front camera

i think rear will be 360 ready so will need to buy mirrors and front kamera plus coding

good new is i got front camera from s3 :)
Screenshot 2021 12 20 at 13 47 56 AUDI RS3 8Y0 20  ZDERZAK PRZOD ADNY ORG

Reactions: Jcbmally and RS03???
Status
Not open for further replies.