Touch up paint

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
can anyone recommend best place for touch up paint (for stone chip) or is it best to contact the Audi Dealer ?

Thank you :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'd go Audi mate not mega expensive and best chance of a satisfactory colour match.

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton and Snake Pliskin
I'd go Audi mate not mega expensive and best chance of a satisfactory colour match.

Yeah I was thinking that but it worth an ask.

Thought going silver I'd be pretty safe for stone chips not standing out ... but it's on the bumper so the bleeding black plastic is now exposed ef ef es :(

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Only you'll know it was ever there once built up with paint and flatted down so don't be too disheartened ;o)

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Snake Pliskin
Yeah I was thinking that but it worth an ask.

Thought going silver I'd be pretty safe for stone chips not standing out ... but it's on the bumper so the bleeding black plastic is now exposed ef ef es :(

Yeah Audi mate its good stuff and it ain't water based so it's much tougher and stop tail gating *** lol

Reactions: pburv, Bandicoot51, Simon L and 2 others
Yeah Audi mate its good stuff and it ain't water based so it's much tougher and stop tail gating *** lol

Lol .... I wouldn't mind but I keep huge distances from cars in front for this very reason.

I waxed the car at the weekend and it wasn't there then. Just been on local roads since @ 30mph so at a loss how it happened ???

Horrible feeling when you see it ... but I know the touch up will sort it - will just annoy me in the meantime !

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Lol .... I wouldn't mind but I keep huge distances from cars in front for this very reason.

I waxed the car at the weekend and it wasn't there then. Just been on local roads since @ 30mph so at a loss how it happened ???

Horrible feeling when you see it ... but I know the touch up will sort it - will just annoy me in the meantime !

First Stone chip is the deepest mate...lol

Reactions: NevMan, pburv, SteveMcB and 6 others
Got mine from tps, only about £10 comes with clear coat aswell.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Have used chipex on mine, not cheap (ca. £33) but very good...are some pics on here somewhere ..search chip...not got time to look myself this morning and post link as got to get to work

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Have used chipex on mine, not cheap (ca. £33) but very good...are some pics on here somewhere ..search chip...not got time to look myself this morning and post link as got to get to work
So would you recommend this dave av got a couple of tiny stonechips on the bonnet that need to dissappear

Reactions: pburv
So would you recommend this dave av got a couple of tiny stonechips on the bonnet that need to dissappear
Yes ... Takes a good few coats (8-9) for the deeper chips and a lot of patience but end result is great. Chipped does not come with a lacquer coat but finished mine off with a cheap lacquer coat off eBay

Reactions: pburv
Yes ... Takes a good few coats (8-9) for the deeper chips and a lot of patience but end result is great. Chipped does not come with a lacquer coat but finished mine off with a cheap lacquer coat off eBay
How do you apply/with the lacquer coat ie spray or brush

The chipex video on their site initially looks alarming dabbing on a good dollop of paint then smoothing it down ... but the results do look excellent !

the stuff of ebay has been fine for me in the past, about £10 delivered

How do you apply/with the lacquer coat ie spray or brush

For the best possible match I've mixed the top coat and lacquer together and applied with a tooth pick or cocktail stick rather than the brush you get in the lid. Build up the layers and flat down with 3000 grade wet and dry then polish back to a gloss even finish with a DA.

Reactions: pburv, Daveotto, Simon L and 1 other person
For the best possible match I've mixed the top coat and lacquer together and applied with a tooth pick or cocktail stick rather than the brush you get in the lid. Build up the layers and flat down with 3000 grade wet and dry then polish back to a gloss even finish with a DA.
Same here just without the magic of a DA for a few days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got mine from Audi, think it was about £12 with the clear coat as well. Just mix a bit of both and apply with a toothpick.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Got mine from Audi, think it was about £12 with the clear coat as well. Just mix a bit of both and apply with a toothpick.

I have done this, its gash especially on the bonnet l instantly removed the paint as it exaggerated the stone chip...as the excess paint was very noticeable

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL, Simon L and 2 others
I have done this, its gash especially on the bonnet l instantly removed the paint as it exaggerated the stone chip...as the excess paint was very noticeable

It will be mate but bear with it until the chip is full of paint then flat down the access with 3000 wet & dry and a rubber sanding block then use the DA to polish it back up to gloss.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
It will be mate but bear with it until the chip is full of paint then flat down the access with 3000 wet & dry and a rubber sanding block then use the DA to polish it back up to gloss.

Sounds sore mate,l have just 3 tiny stone chips on the bonnet,that need attention before the cars goes...they grit the roads up here especially this year for 8 months,**** they where gritting the roads over the bank holiday weekend....grrrr

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

Yes this is what I plan to try first.
I also found some fine applicator spears on eBay which could be better than a cocktail stick.

Mine is just a case of removing the black spot from my eyesight then should hopefully be ok so a few fine dabs should do it.

Got the Paint on order from Dealer @ £12 so should have in a couple of days.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Jassyo06
Hey mate dont the RS3 chaps help each other out with things like this...lol or are they all too interested in the down shift barks...or are they more worried about the new 400 bhp engine lol

Edit... But we like nice geezers like yourself...so feel special...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv, lenny151, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Yes this is what I plan to try first.
I also found some fine applicator spears on eBay which could be better than a cocktail stick.

Mine is just a case of removing the black spot from my eyesight then should hopefully be ok so a few fine dabs should do it.

Got the Paint on order from Dealer @ £12 so should have in a couple of days.

How big is this stone chip Snake?

I've got one about the size of an ant's bell-end which I can just see if I'm close enough to lick it! Needless to say I won't be bothering with any of this malarky lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Max-Robbo and Rob2k68

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Hey mate dont the RS3 chaps help each other out with things like this...lol or are they all too interested in the down shift barks...or are they more worried about the new 400 bhp engine lol

Edit... But we like nice geezers like yourself...so feel special...lol

Ha ha lol .... this is my unofficial home :)

& always appreciate the warm welcome :friends:

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Blimey mate that was unlucky especially as you were pottering around, not in the best place either :wtf:

Yeah very bad luck - especially as I know 100% it happened since the weekend and I've just been on local 30mph roads since.

Touch up will sort I'm sure though :)

Yeah very bad luck - especially as I know 100% it happened since the weekend and I've just been on local 30mph roads since.

Absolutely mate. The black is making it look a million times worse at the moment.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin
Whats worse than paint stone chips?frickin windscreen stone chips...as there is no temp repair

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin

Hey snake my car was only weeks old,and some neighbours brat dinged my passengers door big time...just under the passengers door mirror,looked like someone thought it was a rotating duck and fired a Air rifle pellet at it,that was hard a hard pill to swallow.but back on topic Floret can easily be touched up mate...

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Cheers Guys.

Yeah think the black does make it lol worse than it is.

Plus the photo makes it look bigger lol !

It is gutting but hopefully easily sorted :)

Toothpick
Av tried that using a sowing needle that's even finer than a tooth pick,no joy mate,colour crayon and blue polish should be a cheaper/faster fix...lol

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Av tried that using a sowing needle that's even finer than a tooth pick,no joy mate,colour crayon and blue polish should be a cheaper/faster fix...lol

Patience my friend patience :)

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Rob2k68
Yep, I gave up on the touch up repair to a mark caused by some **** trying to steal my rear rego plate

Looked worse than when I started.

I just try not to look at it :)

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Rob2k68
can anyone recommend best place for touch up paint (for stone chip) or is it best to contact the Audi Dealer ?

Thank you :)
Audi stuff is fine and about 10 I think. I've got some for my car, pesky bonnet stone chips

Reactions: Snake Pliskin