Top Gear reminder tonight

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
Just your Sunday night 8.00PM BBC2 reminder to see me, The Stig doing what i do best.

Hope you all tune in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Apologies, Clarkson playing another pratical joke on me.

Yes, it is on at 9.00 PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lads- think its delayed so no-one misses the wonderful Grandprix /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Regarding the part about the Chevy v's the S4. Chevy had more power, and probably less weight, so not surprising it pulled on the straights. But when Clarky got the ar*e end out on the last part of the twisties with the S4 on his rear, there is no way the stig couldn't have got past. That was a set up for sure.

Oh and the times with stig driving the chevy ( in the wet ) were slower than a Golf R32. An S4 will eat a R32.

Am i missing something, or just paranoid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Oh and the bit after that with the comment to the 'black' guy, 'which one would you nick' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

That was risky Mr Clarkson /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and the bit after that with the comment to the 'black' guy, 'which one would you nick' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed that they kept that bit in the show. Then he tried to save himself by implying that it was a comment about his age. Yeah, right.

I've never liked Clarkson. I watch Top Gear because it's still the best motoring show on TV but if I had my way I would ditch the big guy, put James May in charge (he is actually funny) and get Vicky Buttler-Henderson in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am amazed that they kept that bit in the show. Then he tried to save himself by implying that it was a comment about his age. Yeah, right.

I've never liked Clarkson. I watch Top Gear because it's still the best motoring show on TV but if I had my way I would ditch the big guy, put James May in charge (he is actually funny) and get Vicky Buttler-Henderson in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, never been a fan of Clarkson myself either. Too opinionated to be a true presenter of cars.

Quote - tests the new 3 series and claims they've sorted the suspension to work with the run flats. Then comments that the wheels are weedy....urm, and then slags the Audi A4 off totally saying the ride is too hard.

Yep, one of the sheep aren't you JC.

Japper... I thought exactly the same thing re: Caddy vs the S4... if I were NSD, I would not let his cat back into the house for a few days after letting Clarkson beat him!

Yep, Stig's already done the S4 and it beat the M3 (1.30 vs 1.32), so it was way faster than the Caddy, but to overtake on that track is impossible except for the long straight where the Caddy had more power/less weight. I guess they were just demonstrating that it can go round corners fast if you're a capable driver, rather than saying it was better handling/faster than the S4. TG Power Lap Table

I did think that Stiggy was going to take JC but he seemed to back off. JC's quite a good driver but you have to have a fair amount of trust in your competitor when trying to overtake on a track, maybe Stig just thought better of it.

Vicki BH now were talking, she could take me for a spin anytime

[ QUOTE ]
I did think that Stiggy was going to take JC but he seemed to back off. JC's quite a good driver but you have to have a fair amount of trust in your competitor when trying to overtake on a track, maybe Stig just thought better of it.

Vicki BH now were talking, she could take me for a spin anytime

[/ QUOTE ]

Up untill last night, and in taking in to account his driving at the 'Ring' last episode I kind of thought he wasn't that good a driver. He seemed pretty good last night, unless of course th caddy was easy to drift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'd love to see a re-match - caddy vs new RS4. Now that would be worth watching!

Yeah, but only if Mrs May & Mrs Hammond are driving, and Mrs Clarkson makes up a threesome in the Monaro.

"Agree, never been a fan of Clarkson myself either. Too opinionated to be a true presenter of cars."

Sorry, have to disagree myself.. I think the guy is a legend.
True he seems opinionated, but his review of cars is genrally kept seperate to this. Prime example is how he constantly bitches about americans, but yet he gives good reviews about there cars (cadilac) and even owns one.

Anand

[ QUOTE ]
"Agree, never been a fan of Clarkson myself either. Too opinionated to be a true presenter of cars."

Sorry, have to disagree myself.. I think the guy is a legend.
True he seems opinionated, but his review of cars is genrally kept seperate to this. Prime example is how he constantly bitches about americans, but yet he gives good reviews about there cars (cadilac) and even owns one.

Anand

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I do like Top Gear for the 'laugh factor' and the Stig, I do wonder about the presenters background.

At least with 5th Gear you have people that know what they're talking about with Tiff, Plato and butler-henderson.

Well i have to say i like JC, he's much better than the other opionated little tit whos on the show (don't know his name) and i cant stand Vicki butthead henderson, she's a barge ***** gap toothed ******** who can't drive for toffee.

If they are going to have a bint on a car show, then they should really try and find one who can either: a)actually drive well, or b)look fit.

[ QUOTE ]
Well i have to say i like JC, he's much better than the other opionated little tit whos on the show (don't know his name) and i cant stand Vicki butthead henderson, she's a barge ***** gap toothed ******** who can't drive for toffee.

If they are going to have a bint on a car show, then they should really try and find one who can either: a)actually drive well, or b)look fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vicki completed her first motor sport race at the age of 12 in a 100cc kart and was a racing instructor at Brands Hatch and Silverstone by the age of 17. She currently holds a Race National A licence as well as a Power Boats
racing licence, and recently became the first woman to win a Maserati Trofeo race.

I also happen to think she is quite fit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I never understood why everyone thinks she's fit either, but her history suggests she's a better driver than anyone on TG.

This series of TG has been really poor - only the first show was any good. Rolls Royces in swimming pools, limo jumping - taking up half the show with your mums reviewing cars that are completely boring. Why?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vicki completed her first motor sport race at the age of 12 in a 100cc kart and was a racing instructor at Brands Hatch and Silverstone by the age of 17. She currently holds a Race National A licence as well as a Power Boats
racing licence, and recently became the first woman to win a Maserati Trofeo race.

I also happen to think she is quite fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks marctwo, because as I see it she's pretty good at the helm of a car, far, far superior to JC. She's not ugly either, and would certainly not kick her out of my bed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vicki isn`t fit as such- she`s just very cute when she gets all excited- you can see the enthusiasm she has when she is reviewing a performance car.

Well she can have all the licences under the sun but what does that proove?

She's owned at least 2 S2000's that i know of but she still cant hold a drift, and indeed could not get her own S2K to drift on a circuit. She just kept losing it and pretending that was her intention all along.

Oh and shes fat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well she can have all the licences under the sun but what does that proove?

She's owned at least 2 S2000's that i know of but she still cant hold a drift, and indeed could not get her own S2K to drift on a circuit. She just kept losing it and pretending that was her intention all along.

Oh and shes fat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't comment as I haven't seen this footage, but drifting is a skill that you practice to be good, i.e. Gavin Kershaw at Lotus.

A good 'racing' driver does not necesarily need to be good at drifting. The moment you start to drift you're losing time, so 'racing' drivers don't tend to do it too often.

I have seen her drive the Gallardo to it's limits and she looked pretty good to me.

I think she's actually pregnant, not fat, confusing I know but very dangerous to get the 2 round the wrong way.
Nervus I guess you'd prefer Jordan or a man with a beard but each to their own. Personally I think she's just a very good presenter with real enthusiam for everything she does and a very sexy voice. They've tried other females on motor shows and it just doesn't work. VBH gets my vote everytime.
I'm with you Zish, the latest series seems to have completely run out of ideas and has now become a comedy show (and not a very good one). That Roller in the swimming pool was a pathetic waste of time.
I think they've pretty much done all the supercars so are now left with the fairly boring stuff so are trying to find ways to jazz it up. They should spend more time with decent celebs in the Liana, as that is easily the best bit. More Jodie Kidd please. They could have her racing every week in different pants to see if it made a difference to her lap times

agree marctwo, and love to see VBH exited, better than the little fella on TG shouting " I am a driving god".
As for drifting, I know it takes a lot of control (and I admire drivers with that amount of control) but it dont win races. Going round a bend sideways counts for FA if your last.

Yeah just watched the repeat. I am amazed by clarkson's car thief joke!! Could have been taken the wrong way.

Show this week was pretty poor. Not really a decent car all night. Hopefully will be better over the next few weeks. I think they need to get a M5 on and a RS4.

Don't worry Nervus talks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif most of the time...just let him on with it in the corner. He probably thinks women should just be in the kitchen too.

I think Clarkson is pretty funny but a lot of the banter between him and Hammond is a bit rehearsed I think.

The mothers on the show was a great idea and something very different...

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry Nervus talks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif most of the time...just let him on with it in the corner. He probably thinks women should just be in the kitchen too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or pehaps i just have higher expectations, but hey if i was used to driving a diesel A3 and waking up next to a pig then pehaps i would be amazed at VBH driving fast too Mark_N.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or pehaps i just have higher expectations, but hey if i was used to driving a diesel A3 and waking up next to a pig then pehaps i would be amazed at VBH driving fast too Mark_N.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nervus AKA Don Johnson complete with 2 dolly birds on each arm......you stud you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nervus AKA Don Johnson complete with 2 dolly birds on each arm......you stud you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you've got it, you've got it. I know its not fair but, thats life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I wouldn't post a picture of my better half on here but I can tell you she's better looking than any girl you could dream of pulling! Fool!

Oh and the A3 is soooooooooo bad that you bought one. What a t osser.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't post a picture of my better half on here but I can tell you she's better looking than any girl you could dream of pulling! Fool!

Oh and the A3 is soooooooooo bad that you bought one. What a t osser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark, think he was insulting the dark side more than the A3 itself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Ah he still mentioned the A3...he slags off the 3rd quickest A3 that's out at the moment. ooooohhhhh.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ah he still mentioned the A3...he slags off the 3rd quickest A3 that's out at the moment. ooooohhhhh.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours could be pushing for second quickest though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif