Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
cruise_control_22-07-2007_01.jpg

cruise_control_22-07-2007_08.jpg

cruise_control_22-07-2007_12.jpg

Pretty useful I find!

Nice one.

I remember retrofitting the same kit to my old LCR, was a great and fairly easy mod, although a bit nerveracking going into the ECU plug!!

Found it great for going through speed cameras, known mobile camera sites etc..
It was the first thing I did to my A3:icon_thumright:

Enjoy it!!

how much did that cost you?

All being well I will be doing my 8P this weekend, just waiting on Vagparts to deliver the parts to me.

Hopefully a bit easier than your 8L but I do need to change my steering ecu so a bit of re-coding will need to be done.

Paul

Guide to follow. The kit cost me £67 from eBay, fitting took me around 3 hours on and off. It's not difficult, just a little fiddly in places :hi:

Thats a bargin... i swear I saw it advertised for double that on ebay... anychance of the link?

Yes, that's what my car is. I had real trouble locating a decent guide for the 1.8T BAM, so I'll make one based on my experience at the weekend.

Anyone know if I can swap the CC goodies out of an A4 into my s3, an put my standard s3 stock into the A4?

mwstewart said:
Yes, that's what my car is. I had real trouble locating a decent guide for the 1.8T BAM, so I'll make one based on my experience at the weekend.

It'd be ace if you could make a guide based on your first hand experience...£70 is a bargain :)

If any of you want to save money and not purchase the stalk loom, a friend of mine made a connector up using 2x connectors from PC CD Drive audio cable, glued together to make a 8 pin connector

...i just bought the loom for the 20 odd quid :)

That's pretty reasonable.

The kit I used does contain the Diesel loom though, which I've just advertised on ebay and currently has bids at £10 - so that can be deducted from the total.

Was looking at getting this mod on my 1.8T sport A3. Only prob is its a 98 model and from what the dealer told me, it needs to have electronic pedal controls or something like that, and mine doesn't so I can't retrofit cruise control. Is this right or is a different kit available for my car. Would appreciate any info

Thats probably to do with the drive by wire, Im assuming yours doesnt have it??

I think thats what its about. I checked ebay and someone offering to install it is saying you need EPC (electronic pedal control) which I don't think mine has. This seems a bit wierd as generally my car is fairly highly specced out. Is there no way of fitting it if I don't have this then?

mwstewart said:

Did you get chance to put a guide together for this by any chance? I'm very keen on doing and a guide based on your experience would be v.useful :) .

mikel_86 said:
This seems a bit wierd as generally my car is fairly highly specced out. Is there no way of fitting it if I don't have this then?
its not a spec issue though, its a design issue.

apparently cruise control WAS available on AGU engined A3's, taul Paul had it on his AGU 98 car. but i believe it was a VERY expensive option.

when the later cars came out with drive by wire, it became very easy to fit a cruise control system, as your throttle pedal is not actually moving anything, just altering a resistance as you press the pedal. this can obviously all be done with electronics.

basicly, to all intents and purposes, its impossible to fit cruise to a cable throttle car.