Tips for using OBDeleven on RS3 8Y

betaone68

Reaction score
I purchased OBDeleven ( PRO PACK ) specifically for troubleshooting and elimination.
If I understand how it works the OBDeleven device sends the information to the phone, the phone via the app sends it via the internet to the OBDeleven server ( analysis is done remotely ). So good internet coverage is essential (shame I don't have a WI FI network in my garage).
This means that in 12 months I will have to spend 50€ to renew the subscription ( unfortunately I didn't realise this at the time of purchase ) .

So I finally found an outdoor area with good internet coverage and managed to connect (it still took a few minutes).
I do my first scan on the 25 control units and 52 faults are counted ( perhaps many due to negative battery disconnections and reattachments made in the past ) .

I started to check the various groupings for the specific fault.

In group 01 of the engine electronics, 7 unknown faults were found.
Screenshot-20230225-153208-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg

The faults in the other groupings were recognised.
Screenshot-20230225-153249-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg
Screenshot-20230225-153933-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg

I tried to delete some faults individually but the application could not do so.

I tried mass deletion but after a first attempt 22 faults remained on 4 ECUs, after a second attempt 7 faults remained on 3 ECUs.
Screenshot-20230225-153426-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg
Screenshot-20230225-154342-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg

I opened the App using the home WIFI network and accessed the history of the scans performed.
Screenshot-20230226-093432-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg

I could read the 7 active faults in 01 engine.
Screenshot-20230226-093854-OBDeleven-VAG.jpg

They are U041600 - P208400 - P208600 - P208000 - an error with no code - U023500 - P1A9100
I tried searching the internet for the meaning of the various faults but found only conflicting information.

I read the codes of other groupings, in some cases only the code and a short description were given, in others the date and km where the event was recorded plus a range of additional information.

In conclusion, I expected a simpler and faster use of OBDeleven.

Any advice on using OBDeleven is appreciated.
Can you confirm that connections and scans should only be carried out with the engine running?
What is the difference between active and passive problems?
Why is it not possible to delete all error codes?
How can connection and scan waiting times be improved?

It’s rubbish at fault deleting / reading.

Only thing it’s good for SFD unlock.

Half the faults it finds aren’t actually there, I’ve tested this loads by plugging in VCDS then Odis S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moosekeeper
It’s rubbish at fault deleting / reading.

Only thing it’s good for SFD unlock.

Half the faults it finds aren’t actually there, I’ve tested this loads by plugging in VCDS then Odis S.

Unfortunately I have now bought it . Can you give me some indication anyway?
Does the SFD release also serve to be able to delete faults on control units with this security? Or is it only used to be able to change parameters and data on the latter?
Can you confirm that connections and scans should only be carried out with the engine running?

Unfortunately I have now bought it . Can you give me some indication anyway?
Does the SFD release also serve to be able to delete faults on control units with this security? Or is it only used to be able to change parameters and data on the latter?

Bonnet released first.

Faults should clear, but if not unlock the SFD first on the module you are working in, I’ve had indifferent results with OBD11 on fault clearing.
Generally SFD locks down coding / Adaption changes in protected modules 09 etc

Ignition on, bonnet released, SFD unlocked.

Passive is intermittent faults, don’t worry too much as the 8Y can be full of odd error codes I’ve found, active are ones that are actually ‘live’ so to speak.

One fault you’ll never clear is the rear camera network error, it’s because the rear camera works on an Ethernet connection I believe.

Thanks for info . I will try to enable automatic SFD unlocking.
Excuse my ignorance what exactly do you mean by ignition on . Engine on?

Thanks for info . I will try to enable automatic SFD unlocking.
Excuse my ignorance what exactly do you mean by ignition on . Engine on?

Ignition on so press start button without foot on brake, you don’t need the engine running.

Reactions: betaone68
I also recently purchased an OBD11 although, I managed to clear all the fault codes, I did also get some false fault codes as well!
I just attempted to use it again to release the electronic parking brake and I got “Not Supported” message!
Asked for help from them but nothing back as yet.
Very disappointed with the product and wish I had opted for VCDS now (as I doubt I’ll need the security switch option which OBD11 has).
If anyone has managed to release the brakes with OBD11 I would be interested in hearing how you did it

I also recently purchased an OBD11 although, I managed to clear all the fault codes, I did also get some false fault codes as well!
I just attempted to use it again to release the electronic parking brake and I got “Not Supported” message!
Very disappointed with the product and wish I had opted for VCDS now (as I doubt I’ll need the security switch option which OBD11 has).
If anyone has managed to release the brakes with OBD11 I would be interested in hearing how you did it

Hmmm strange.
It should be able to initiate Lining change mode as it’s no different to other MQB platform cars.

Bonnet popped too ?

Ingnition on, bonnet open and I was able to connect in 30 seconds, scan in two minutes and above all delete all the error codes ...

Ok so I’ve tested it in OBD11

Connect up, pop bonnet, ignition on SFD unlock

Go into Basic settings
17bcc0021418e62375055594b0e593ed.png

0d13d5154c6c5ed9d1885e36d292231f.png

In here you can see the 2 modes you require.

Click on start lining change mode and slide to start it.
You’ll hear the motors running

Slide back across to finish this command
95bd9fff30e907b1b42c2ce5ac3faeb0.png

The caliper stays open so you can then switch ignition off etc and do your works.

Then use same procedure to end lining change mode.

Lock SFD back up and clear errors from the module.

Reactions: Prodigy and SVTunit
Hi guys so fitted new flat bottom courtesy of raf j cee. Only issue the sos light stays on. Any way off coding this out using obd11?

Hi guys so fitted new flat bottom courtesy of raf j cee. Only issue the sos light stays on. Any way off coding this out using obd11?

surely this is a question you should have presented to him when he fitted it???

surely this is a question you should have presented to him when he fitted it???
He did not fit it. I only got the steering wheel off him.
But thanks for the constructive reply

• Haha
Reactions: Tommm