Ticking noise

Mortey

Reaction score
Hi,

I have my car booked in for its first oil change and to take a look at a ticking noise that has started. It is audible when driving and the music not too loud. It also continues when the auto engine off kicks in.

Has anybody else had this?

Hi,

I have my car booked in for its first oil change and to take a look at a ticking noise that has started. It is audible when driving and the music not too loud. It also continues when the auto engine off kicks in.

Has anybody else had this?

My old B9 S4 had a ticking sound at idle at very low speeds. Never got it looked at. Be curious to know myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my S4 I also have the clicking noise I have been told that is the high pressure fuel pumping when idialling

Reactions: Mortey and Thundercliffe81
On my S4 I also have the clicking noise I have been told that is the high pressure fuel pumping when idialling

Arrrr. Learned something. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what both my dad and brother said when I spoke to them. It does seem to happen when I coast and come to a stop so stands to reason. Probably only noticable due to how quiet the car is.

I will see what they say when I take it in on the 18th.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
It’s a noisy engine isn’t it with the ticking sounds at idle or low speed/revs!

It’s a noisy engine isn’t it with the ticking sounds at idle or low speed/revs!

That's the thing, at all other times you cannot hear the engine (mine is a 1.4). So much so my wife finds it weird to drive as she is used to hearing the engine!

That's the thing, at all other times you cannot hear the engine (mine is a 1.4). So much so my wife finds it weird to drive as she is used to hearing the engine!
I find the weirdest thing to be seeing the rev counter at zero after lifting off at 30/40 mph! There's no way you can tell the engine just turned itself off without looking at the dash. Clever stuff really.

Same with mine, the only ticking can only be heard from the engine when I open the bonnet and it is the high pressure direct injectors...