This month's upgrades. I need some help.

Newbrook82

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get my car sorted this month. I want a carbonio intake, and either a highflow cat or decat. In fact tempted to change the full exhaust system. Then once they're done I'll get the remap done. Can anyone in the north east area recommend anyone for the exhaust. And I'm struggling to find the carbonio intake for a decent price. Any pointers greatly appreciated, it's an a4 b7 1.8t the 163bhp one. Thanks.

What in take you looking at? I can't find one really so opting to keep the standard airbox and just dropping a panel filter in along with the 034 Motorsport intake pipe.

I'm very pleased with my 034 Motorsport sports cat on my 2.0T. They also offer one for the 1.8T.

Intakes - not a huge choice for B7 really. I'm sticking to a decent panel filter and silicone intake pipe (eventually).

If you can afford it Jetex offer some very nice exhausts for our platform. The only thing putting me off is the tailpipe size - 100mm or nothing. I'd prefer 80-90mm so it still looks close to standard.

What in take you looking at? I can't find one really so opting to keep the standard airbox and just dropping a panel filter in along with the 034 Motorsport intake pipe.

I love the look and sound (from vids) of the carbonio. I can't seem to find them though for this model.

I'm very pleased with my 034 Motorsport sports cat on my 2.0T. They also offer one for the 1.8T.

Intakes - not a huge choice for B7 really. I'm sticking to a decent panel filter and silicone intake pipe (eventually).

If you can afford it Jetex offer some very nice exhausts for our platform. The only thing putting me off is the tailpipe size - 100mm or nothing. I'd prefer 80-90mm so it still looks close to standard.

It's looking like I might have to just put a decent panel in the box. I'll look into the 034 Motorsport. First time I've heard of that. Cheers chaps.

I had a Forge Twintake on my GTI and it sounded amazing! Unfortunately AFAIK there are only like 2 or 3 intakes made for the B7 and they are very expensive, they also don't benefit to any performance enhancements from what I've read. You're better off getting a panel filter and a silicone intake pipe like mentioned above.

I bought a K&N panel filter and a GFB DV+ which I'll putting on in the next few weeks before I get a map. They are meant to be great and help with a map, might be worth looking into.

I had a Forge Twintake on my GTI and it sounded amazing! Unfortunately AFAIK there are only like 2 or 3 intakes made for the B7 and they are very expensive, they also don't benefit to any performance enhancements from what I've read. You're better off getting a panel filter and a silicone intake pipe like mentioned above.

I bought a K&N panel filter and a GFB DV+ which I'll putting on in the next few weeks before I get a map. They are meant to be great and help with a map, might be worth looking into.

Whats a gfb dv+?

Well I've ordered a pipercross panel filter. Not really what I wanted. Surprised there's so little choice for this model.