Q3 Thinking about buying a Q3 1.4 tfsi

TomL83

Reaction score
Me and my fiancee are looking at buying a new or nearly new Audi Q3 1.4 tfsi. Is this a good engine to buy? Worried about lack of power but I'm going to test drive one next week.

Reactions: cuke2u
For me I’d be concerned that it’s end of range with the old MMI system which does not seem to have Apple CarPlay etc, maybe a Q2 which has CarPlay etc.

The new Q3 should be coming soon.

For me I’d be concerned that it’s end of range with the old MMI system which does not seem to have Apple CarPlay etc, maybe a Q2 which has CarPlay etc.

The new Q3 should be coming soon.

Would get cracking deal in one and probably loaded with kit. 1.4 is a very good engine, but best to drive on which is what you are doing

Got a 1.4 Q3 Black Edition for my Mrs in March. Superb deals to be had on new ones at the moment. Old style MMI is fine. SD card based SatNav works just fine and although I have CarPlay in my car I never use it, i much prefer Audi’s interface over Apples. I genuinely think the Bose system in the Q3 is better than the B&O in mine.

The 1.4 manual is pokey enough and the car is very chuckable with it. It’s a great wee car and I genuinely enjoy taking it for a spin when I need something more practical than the RS5.

Reactions: NevMan
Got a 1.4 Q3 Black Edition for my Mrs in March. Superb deals to be had on new ones at the moment. Old style MMI is fine. SD card based SatNav works just fine and although I have CarPlay in my car I never use it, i much prefer Audi’s interface over Apples. I genuinely think the Bose system in the Q3 is better than the B&O in mine.

The 1.4 manual is pokey enough and the car is very chuckable with it. It’s a great wee car and I genuinely enjoy taking it for a spin when I need something more practical than the RS5.

Certainly a good endorsement

I asked at my local Audi and the new Q3 is out in October. Wouldn't mind trying to get a good deal on a new one now. Car wow offers are 12-13% off. £30,000 Q3 1.4 tfsi sline for about £25-26,000

Yeh the 1.4 manual is what we are after. A black edition would be nice but would be happy with just a normal s line

Yeh the 1.4 manual is what we are after. A black edition would be nice but would be happy with just a normal s line

Happy to share the deal we got on the black edition. It was from Exeter Audi. 3 years personal lease. 8000 miles per year. Q3 Black Edition in Daytona Gray - bog standard spec - £324 per month with 3 months paid up front (3+36 months lease profile). Full deal done over the phone and car delivered on a vehicle carrier with a full tank. Great spec car for the money.

I asked at my local Audi and the new Q3 is out in October. Wouldn't mind trying to get a good deal on a new one now. Car wow offers are 12-13% off. £30,000 Q3 1.4 tfsi sline for about £25-26,000

Pretty good deal here (15% off) : https://www.drivethedeal.com/SpecialOffers.aspx

AUDI Q3 ESTATE SPECIAL EDITIONS 1.4T FSI BLACK EDITION 5DR S TRONIC
List price £34,135

Our price
£28,995

Save £5,140

That does look very impressive. My next car "may" be a RSQ3 :icon thumright: Assuming they launch one in the next few years.

Personally, I don't like the touch screen technology in a car, and it's a shame Audi have gone this route on the new Q3.....I much prefer the MMI in my 2018 Q5.

yes, this has been discussed a fair amount over the last few weeks and months on here. I too have 2018 Q5 and like the MMI, but it is the way things are going, don't fight it lol. BMW utilise touch, but still have scroll wheel which makes sense.

If the new Q3 also has the scroll wheel, then that wouldn't be too bad, but if it's only a touch screen then I'm afraid that's a no no for me, as you end up having to continually wipe the screen of all the fingerprints, otherwise the screen looks ****** awful in sunlight.....just have a look at any new VW touch screen!!

hmm, no sign of it here, unless it is that small knob to the left of cup holders, but that looks like the normal volume one:

Upload 2018 7 26 9 26 25

That knob to the left of the cup holders looks like the 12V socket, so it doesn't look like there is a rotary control for the MMI, which is not good for me.

That knob to the left of the cup holders looks like the 12V socket, so it doesn't look like there is a rotary control for the MMI, which is not good for me.
yes, looking closer does seem to have 12V on it. I will reserve judgement until I see in action and the reviews

That is a either a cigar lighter or a 12v socket, there is no mmi rotary control. However all the usual controls for the climate and the row of buttons for the engine modes etc seem to be all there.

Unfortunately touchscreens are like marmite but they seem to be the direction all manufacturers are heading these days. Some think the rotary control on the current A4 is old fashioned, some don't.
For me hardly a deal breaker and I would just learn to use voice commands more often..

That is a either a cigar lighter or a 12v socket, there is no mmi rotary control. However all the usual controls for the climate and the row of buttons for the engine modes etc seem to be all there.

Unfortunately touchscreens are like marmite but they seem to be the direction all manufacturers are heading these days. Some think the rotary control on the current A4 is old fashioned, some don't.
For me hardly a deal breaker and I would just learn to use voice commands more often..
agree, I am more likely to start making more use of voice. Works quite well Siri (CarPlay) or built in Audi one. OCD means touching screen would stress me out, but then do that all the time (touch screen) on iPad, phone

I think there will become a time when legislation is introduced and the touch sensitive controls will become disabled when the car is moving. These are becoming just as distracting as mobile phones are.

Reactions: mxnrg