Thinking about an S1

YOF626

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I've loved the idea of an S1 since it was announced and have been a long time lurker on here, drooling over the pics of your cars.

Currently driving a Peugeot 208 GTi and whilst it has everything I need in a car I just can't get the S1 out of my mind.

The spec I have in mind is Vegas Yellow, Black contrast roof, Quattro Interior and Exterior Styling Packages. I'm not really too bothered about any other options.

Does anyone know the current delivery times?

Also any idea what discount I should be looking for, the spec above lists at £ 29,970.

Was thinking of using Drive The Deal as they seem to get good reviews. I would probably take their deal to my local dealer (Stirling Audi) and see if they can get close.

My inner dilemma is that the GTi is fully paid off so I need to think if I want to get back into debt to scratch this itch.

On the other hand I know life is short (I'm 45!) so part of me thinks to just get it and just enjoy life!

Mark

Reactions: kevin lewis
As you are including the Q packs, ordering now will get you the car in Sept. If you take them off it will likely be June. They are considered 'exclusive line' options, so go on a separate sub assembly in the factory to the rest of the A1/S1's.

Drive The Deal are very good, although I can't say any broker (carfile etc) has ever been a bad experience. All they do is get you good price and pass you onto the dealer, so really it's dealer experience as always, just without the negotiation headache. Don't expect your dealer to get anywhere close to the broker price, they have the 'I can get it from Drive The Deal' line all the time and aren't interested. The only time a dealer will get that close is if they really think you will become a long term customer, or have some target they MUST meet that month/quarter (all very unlikely), or if you've bought plenty of cars in the last 5 years from them...
A lot of people ge funny about the border introducing them to a dealer 300 miles away, I say, what better way to break your new car in than a nice long journey home! Just make sure you take all the back roads as you don't want to sit at 2k rpm for 3 hours on a new engine!

Obviously the opinions you will get here are bias, I personally say do it! The S1 is an awesome machine, and nothing else on the market gets close to it's experience in class.

Reactions: YOF626
Thanks for the info josedebardi, wouldn't have a problem waiting 'til September.

At least that's what I'm saying just now, it will probably change if I did order it!

Wouldn't have a problem collecting it from a dealer far away either, would be an excellent road trip to get used to it.

Got a price from Grimbsy Audi through carwow for the above spec at £ 28,375 so a decent £ 1,595 saving.

Waiting to see what they can offer for my trade in, so a wee bit of thinking to be done over the weekend.

Hi I ordered mine in mid Feb and am picking it up tommorow :D and that's with both Q packs added. As for the discount im a new Audi customer and managed to get around £1500 off and GAP insurance thrown in.

Sepang blue, I was torn between that and daytona grey.

Lucky country down under, Audi is having "drive away" pricing on all Quattros..standard S1 is A$49,990 on the road here.. ie. about 25,800 pounds. Mine cost A$51,800 (26,700) on the road including "black top" and "interior pack", plus 3 years free schedule services.

Attachments

• S1 001.jpg
    S1 001.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 208
Thread resurrection.

Put pen to paper today on a used 14 plate S1.

Registered in Jan 15 and with only 4,500 miles on the clock.

S1 Sportback, Sepang Blue, Black Contrast roof and Quattro Interior and Exterior Styling Packages.

Should pick it up a week today and looking forward to it.

Reactions: ChrisG.
Would you mind PM'ing me the price you paid for it? Reason being Im selling mine and its the exact same spec only mine is July 2015 with the same miles.

Hi Mark,

If I was you I'd have a look on the Audi website and see if you can find an ex demonstrator.
I picked mine up in September, it was 4 month old and had 3k miles on the clock.

I've got the same spec as you are after (yellow / black with both Quattro packs) with the addition of SatNav, Comfort pack, Audi Sound system, privacy glass, Heated seats and front Armrest.

Off the shelf this would be a £31k car and I paid £22,300 for it.

Cheers,
Nick