Think mechanic bust exhaust valves

Bayzoo

Glovebox Demon
Reaction score
So I'm returning my Audi S3 (14 plate) to stock so it can go into Audi to have various updates before warranty expires.

Took it to a local mechanic to have the induction kit put back to stock, and thought I'd also get the AWE Tuning Switchpath Receiver I have installed removed from the exhaust. Instead just unplugging the receiver, he removed two of these as well as the receiver:

765729_x800.jpg

So I immediately asked for them to be put back on, which he couldn't for another 2 days.

Now since he's put them back on it seems like the valves are open all of the time (but it could just be me thinking about it too much). Is it possible he's bust something in the process of taking these off and putting them back on? I don't know how sensitive the system is.

I'm taking the car to a friend of mine to have it all put back on after it's been to Audi so will test then - I wouldn't have any of these issues if tool bags at Edinburgh Audi hadn't insisted on the car being put back to stock to do the free upgrades...

Thanks guys

Fraser

ps I would have just removed the remote receiver myself but don't have the right kit to safely jack up the car yet.

Cold start in the morning should tell you if there's smoke coming from all 4 pipes.

Valves are not disabled using VCDS are they ?

What updates are going on out of interest ?

Thanks

No not disabled via VCDS - the remote receiver allows me to open and close the valves via a remote control.

I mentioned to Audi when I went in to get a rattle fixed that the s tronic was a bit jerky on the downshifts, and they then told me it needed a software update.

Not sure if it's just the gearbox that's getting an update, or the whole thing. Audi like to be vague...

Reactions: Rob2k68