The Family workhorse.

Wrap the side chrome window trims, dead easy with a bit of patience and makes a world of difference in my opinion.

I might plastidip them when I do the roof bars. Blacked out then!

Today's bargain was 2 rear upper control arms for £40 from GSF with 60% off code.

It's on there, sounds a bit deeper.
Need to sort a heat shield and a permanent bracket instead of a cable tie .
Kept the standard cold air feed too.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Passed MOT today. :rockwoot:

Couple of adversaries, Play in NS steering arm, front discs worn.

Air con gone again tho so must have a small leak somewhere.

Reactions: martin1984
I might plastidip them when I do the roof bars. Blacked out then!

Today's bargain was 2 rear upper control arms for £40 from GSF with 60% off code.

make sure you get new bolts when change them rear camber arms, mine were shot by the time i got them out

The old girl just ticked over to 146k during 700 mile trip this weekend up to Scotland . averaged 43mpg.
Faultless drive, miles seem to fly by.

Haven't managed to anything on my to-do lost this year. Will to try a bit harder next year lol.

Had the cornering headlight fault come up last week . Did this before but went away after a day, still on now a week later. The light do the up down left right check on start up so don't know why it's playing up .
Any way to clear the fault without vds ?

Yeah are.
Funny. I ordered them as Piranah brake discs . Turned up in Mtec box.
£25 cheaper then going to Mtec direct.

Waiting for the pads now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Farley
Mtech get poor reviews but I have had them on my old bus for nearly two years without issues.
Stayed corrosion free as well.

Reactions: Sygh2k
I've used them for years, never had an issue.

Reactions: Sygh2k and Charlie Farley
cold.....just a bit chilly chap, get out and wack them on...only a 30 min job.:icon thumright:

We have been thinking about our car situation on weather we were going to change my wife's car or my car.
Options being change her nearly 3 year old Mazda 2 to a CX3 or keep that and changing mine to B8 avant Allroad.
We came to the decision this week. She's got a new car ordered and I'm keeping the mine.

I treated the old girl to some new mat's lol.

_20190316_172856 by martin p, on Flickr

sounds like the best plan, nothing wrong in owning a B7, great cars:icon thumright:.

Rear brakes done. Brake line's looking really corroded. Time for some braided lines and fluid change.
DSC_0078 by martin p, on Flickr

Oil change this weekend, 4th in last 10k/ 2 years lol. Shell 5w40 and mann filter.

Will be going up for sale now. Due to me starting my own business.

Any interested just pm me.